Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Nice to come back to a busy day and a short week! Had a wonderful time with my family. Feeling a bit verklempt today as my parents are heading East. The tough spot this weekend was visiting my Grandma. I don't think she really knew who I was, but I am glad she most definitely knew my mom. It was also sad to see how much she doesn't remember even in the course of a face-to-face conversation. But she was happy and pleasant, so that was good.

Working to get back on track with my eating. This long weekend with my family was nothing but a food-fest! Today I have tracked everything and will likely go over but at least I tracked it all and am not in denial. I do have to get very serious as I have been out-of-control for a few weeks and I can feel the inches pouring on. It's time to stop kidding myself. Will sit with DH to make a good plan tomorrow night and then pick up groceries so we have no excuses. Thinking of starting a blog to have a place to really write my thoughts, track my meals and exercise, etc. I'm not sure I'd want anyone but me to read it...

hickchick - I hope your son recovers quickly. How scary!

I'm off to a deep tissue massage after work to try to keep my neck, back, and hip in better shape. I've been having some neck and jaw pain which I think is from tight muscles. Trying to stave off headaches!

Too hot to walk tonight - but my massage therapist doesn't like me to exercise after a massage, so staying in the air conditioning and drinking lots of water this evening.

Have a good evening!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    Options
    Annie - get a notebook to "blog" into...
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - so sorry about son... what is it about boys... they never grow up..."watch this" never ends well... hope he recovers quickly...

Annie - good Grandma remembers your Mom.. don't take it personally if she doesn't remember you.. my Grandpa has days where he remembers everyone, most days he doesn't remember anyone... breaks my heart... but, I just have to remember, it's just the disease... he can't help it...
    Good idea with blogging...I have thought about it... this is as close as I get... just stay strong, you'll be back where you want to be, before you know it...

Ali - have fun skating! And, remember, CBoys are always available for laundry folding

Lana - are you sure you need help with your brain? You are always full of care and wisdom... thank you... hope your appointment went well...

Waves to Sara!

Off to finish dinner..
    Have a great evening..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Quick note before dinner - Kathryn - oh gee also send good thoughts. How long can he stay off work? Dr note maybe? If he is at home, that is a good sign. I am a klutz myself, so I cant judge.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I waited too long.....

Woman who now sits next to me is a "know it all", she had a bee sting in her arm from the day before. When I mentioned I knew where the closest urgent care was she told me she didnt need it. She ended up calling a nurse and making an appointment at her Dr office - seems urgent care is beneath her. I am just glad she saw a Dr. today as I am not sure I want hear the drama tomorrow. Wearing earphones longer tomorrow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Not the greatest day. Too many snacks around this house yet. I did well at work but kind of fell apart once I got home. Putting in a DVD and drinking my water. DH ran to the grocery store to get me eggs for breakfast and cucumber for snack for tomorrow. He will pick up my favorite Asian cabbage salad at Sam's Club before lunch. What a guy! NSV's today include no sweets and no pop!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Ugh the problem with being fair and visiting the beach is you find all sorts of patches you didn't get sunscreen on. I look like I have some weird rash

Hope everyone has a great Friday tomorrow yay
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    932azsecc1o7.png

hehehehe just a little ahead of myself
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Hottest day this week. :s

Got box of fruit/veg on doorstep this month, box of figs inside that I ordered will take 2 to work and a couple a day until they are gone. Peaches/ carrots/onion and zucchini are the box.

Saw an article in food section this week on Bento Boxes and making meals to fit inside, will check them out at Asian store tomorrow just to see size, how well they work.

Kathryn, hope your son is doing better.

Just glad its Friday - TGIF!! Wave to all who follow.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Mmm peaches.. Are they in season where you are? I love peach season they're so delicious.

We're supposed to go to a friend's pool today. Let's hope the thunder storms they e been predicting don't happen. At skating last night I helped a woman with some stuff. Havent worked That hard in awhile I liked it. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ali - peaches July and August - Alberta peaches are some of the best I have ever had!!

Will be making roasted carrots/potatoes/onions with chicken this weekend for meals,
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/balsamic-chicken-with-roasted/
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Ali - peaches July and August - Alberta peaches are some of the best I have ever had!!

Will be making roasted carrots/potatoes/onions with chicken this weekend for meals,
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/balsamic-chicken-with-roasted/

Hey you're from Alberta?

We get our peaches from Niagara. They're the best!!!! :p

another fun day in the books. We visited my friend who has 2 dogs AND a pool....heaven for my boy. We spent a few hours there hanging out in the pool then driving an hour home in Friday summer rush hour. The boy should be good and tired tonight I"m thinking
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Ali - no, just like that particular type of peach best.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I was wondering cause I didn't think they grow peaches out there. But maybe they do haha
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I stand corrected - it is the Elberta Peach. Elberta PeachPrunus persica 'Elberta' The Elberta peach holds its own as one of the most popular peach trees.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Ok so not from Alberta. Makes sense they're more known for cows and stuff like that
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I am done for the day and although it is early I would not be surprised if I fell asleep early.

Lana - how did the occupational therapy go?

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning. Very warm evening. Did not sleep well. Dog was not feeling well, but she ate her stuff today.

Errands and then home - just saw http://www.skinnytaste.com/balsamic-chicken-with-roasted/ and I have potatoes and no asparagus, oh well. Will have to track the potatoes.

Back to try for a little more sleep. Paper just showed up. BBL
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    That looks delicious. We're going to the zoo a 'd then the pick your own farm today, since it's out That way too, and plan on picking new potatoes. I'll get you some haha

How's the paper?

I should sleep some more my family is still asleep. My heel woke me up kind of achy today. Stupid body parts better be ready for walking at the zoo is all I can say
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,895 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Good morning Ali - can you take some ibuprofen for the aches and heel and zoo?

I need to plan and track my food for the day. I'm trying to use up leftovers (save $$) and still have it all be healthy and fit into the day's calories. It is worth the work though.

BBL

Lana

today 243.4
    highest 250
    goal 185