Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Saturday

Scale is down 1 lb from last Friday!!! 154.4 today. Telling myself consistency remains the key. It wasn't a perfect week but had more good days than bad and got in two good walks. I clearly won't be in the 140s by the time I see my high school friends in 2 weeks but I will work to be as consistent as I can before then. And then concentrate on having fun with my friends! Now the struggle is to figure out what to wear!

Today is potluck and pool party at in-law's as a way for all of us to see DH's aunt and cousin who are here visiting from GA. Will do my best not to overeat. It's very hot and windy here today, so will be drinking plenty of water. I already feel like I'm puffy and retaining fluids due to the humidity!

Got my new eye drops on Thursday night. I think they are helping. I decided to drop the Singulair medication out of my regimen and just go with these new drops and OTC Zyrtec. I'm interested to see if dropping Singulair will make a difference in my weight loss efforts since I have read some reviews where people swore they gained weight while on Singulair.

Lana - hopefully the snake will move on!

Will CBL! Wave to all who follow!

Annie

Today's weight: 154.4
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145.0
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    today is world wide knit in public day - so while I usually knit when I eat out, I spent 20 minutes in the busiest place I could find and counted 57 cars drive by as I knitted. I would have stayed longer but I burn so easily....

ginger/lemon (more lemon than ginger) ice cubes are forming.

Annie keep up the good work. if 5 out of 7 days are good - it is better than 7 out of 7 being bad.

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

In for day, dishwasher has the grill plates to cook with tomorrow.

Have enough extra calories for hot chocolate, heat wave coming better drink now.....

Wishing all a great night
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Scale is finally going in the right direction...then...I have chocolate and ice cream... what is wrong with me?! Well, in my defence... ice cream was not me...SO surprised me with vanilla cone at work...I did, however, walk 3 dogs and carry 5 25lb bags of kitty litter and 1 16lb bag of kitty food, up 16 stairs... so, I didn't fail miserably...

Thinking of taking pups to creek, tomorrow... maybe...SO really wants to go swimming...I'm ok with it, as long as no other people around... I'm not a social bug... that's why I hide in my house...

Annie - congrats on WI! Have fun with your friends, no matter what...

Well... we'll see what tomorrow brings...
    Have a good night all...

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning.

Groceries then cooking.

Dental visit Tuesday to pick up new night guard. Hope it works better. Dentist said some of the problems I have been having is because of the type of night guard (what it is made of) and my jaw never relaxes. We shall see.

Dog is done - she even let me sleep in a little. Dawn have a great time with the dogs.

BBL.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope it's not too late to join your group. I've done WW twice - 2nd time (with new program put me off for good ).
    I'm 48 and trying very hard to get down to a healthy weight /BMI.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Shonat - welcome this is an open board. There is no "late" here. Stop by and post when you can.

My store will be offering more pre cut fruits/veg which is costly but I am not too swift with knives, so it does have an attraction for me.

Time to find some tea.

BBL.
  • shonat11
    Options
    Thanks Tillysmommy. I will check in regularly.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cuisenart grill has been broken in, fans on and windows open. Lana - make sure there is good ventilation. I made things early because I am torn between making cold chicken salad or not.

The pamphlet said wait 30 minutes to cool, I set alarm at 50 just because. Also have artichoke cooked, so if I play my cards right I can have artichoke/canadian bacon pizza this week as well.

Dog needs her food/meds shortly and then I will make chicken salad and flip a coin if I should have it for dinner. I bought rice crackers at store from a farm in the area that makes rice based products. They are half the width of rice cakes.

Early for me, so I hope to stop by before lights out.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Almost forgot to check in today. Went out w friends for dinner--simple burger and modest amount of sweet potato fries. Seltzer w OJ splash and skipped dessert. Yay.

Tony Awards tonight but I don't have TV. May wait until tomorrow to search for results.

Sleep tight. See you all tomorrow.

Going to go look up Cuisinart grills
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sunday night check in

Not a terrible weekend, not a great weekend. Definitely too many carbs. Plenty of water. Just got a great 2 mile walk with the dog.

Back on low carb tomorrow. Had intended to do that today and it didn't quite work out, although I did choose roasted brussel sprouts to go with my hot dog tonight vs. macaroni and cheese. :)

Working on being kind to myself and understanding that my friends won't care - and may not notice - the additional 7 lbs I'm carrying around right now. But not willing to quit. Honestly, if I would quit trying to lose weight I'm afraid I'd be gaining.

Time to pay some bills. Ugh. Also trying to be sure we tuck some money away to savings out of this paycheck. But afraid we've already overspent on some areas of our budget for this week. :(

DS (through first year of college) has an audition for a role in "Cabaret" tomorrow night. He was actually contacted by the stage manager and asked to audition. This particular local theatre company had been planning to do another show and it seems their lead dropped out?? Anyway, then they changed to a different show completely. He will audition for a minor/ensemble role, which would be just fine with him. I'm excited because he continues to struggle since moving home from college with not really having friends. Nevermind he caused a lot of strife between himself and his old group of friends. And I believe he needs to learn to mind his tone and choice of words with people - they may not always understand his sarcasm and sense of humor. It would be good for him to be busy with a show versus sitting home alone in the basement. And maybe it would be a fresh start meeting some new people since this show is not with the community/children's theatre he has performed with in the past. I think he needs a fresh start in a lot of ways and I told him I think he may need to pretty much forget the people from high school and his former youth chorale as his own behavior and his former girlfriend's smear campaign have made it pretty hard for him in those circles. Sigh. I would not go back to high school/college in a million years! Hoping he can make some new friends in this show and then find some new friends when he gets to college this fall!

Watching the Tony Awards...although I am not that familiar with many of the shows. Still fun to watch the performances!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Just got my at&t online issue fixed - knitted while I wait.

Lana - grill - I have the 3 in one model - does not have a griddle - which is fine by me but that may be worth the upgrade. Easy to take apart and clean (I also bought the oxo recommended scrub brush).

Annie - I know if I stopped trying to eat well, I would insert my face in a tub of ice cream permanently. You will enjoy seeing your friends and that is what really counts. Crossing fingers for DS and getting role. I know people my age whose "filter" needs adjusting..... hopefully your DS will find a way to communicate better. He has age on his side.

Time to take care of end of day chores and get ready for ZZZ .....

have a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Cold last night wrapped up in many layers - considering it will be almost 100 by Friday, I just took advantage of a chance for good sleep.

Down 1.4 today - stayed out of the granola bags and drank herb tea after dinner. That and I walk both breaks. So....

Question of the Day (QOTD): What are you planning to do to stay on task weight/health wise this week?

AOTD: With heat coming I have lemon/ginger ice cubes to keep me drinking water. Will walk as much as possible.

Told a friend from last job that we had openings and to use my name, never know....

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • shonat11
    Options
    Ice cubes sound great. May try that.
    AOTD I keep checking these discussions to keep on track. I find it a great help to exchange, encourage and be encouraged on here.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Monday

Sarah - congratulations on the great WI! Keep it up!

AOTD: Get my walks in and stick to water! No coffee or pop!

Back at work. Hoping for a quiet week, but not too quiet as then the days move slowly. It's hard to be at work when my hubby and the kids are home.

DS#2 starts baseball today. It's just two hours/week with other kids his age. He was nervous but excited this morning. Looking forward to hearing about it later today.

Veggies, string cheese for snacks today. Lunch will be cabbage salad and probably an egg for some protein.

Have a great day!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- Congrats on the WI! No snacking and more walking are definitely a help...

Annie - I would want to be home with hubby and kids, too... work always gets in the way... hope DS2 enjoys baseball and makes lots of friends... same with DS1... hopefully, this will be the push in the right direction for him, as well...

Didn't make it to creek, yesterday...SO ended up going and helping a friend of our landlord... she lives a few minutes away and needed some yard work done... being the nice guy that he is, SO agreed to help...I would have gone with, just to get out of house, but it was way too hot to just sit outside...

Keep telling myself, I'm going to do some serious cleaning around the house... just can't seem to make myself do it... blah

Hope everyone has a great day...
    Will check in later....
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sara - CONGRATULATIONS on that great weigh in! Wow - good for you!

AOTD: For one week only, I am going to "get tough" on myself, and have a strict week of no food that is not on the Lana Approved List. I need to do this because I will be flying back to NYC on Wednesday, and arriving at apartment with no milk and empty fridge--neither is excuse to just eat anything that I can find. Airports are dangerous places for me. I must and will stay in control. I will pack healthy things to take with me on Wednesday.

So you guys help me out with this. One week only - I'll be reporting to you all.
    Thanks~~

Lana

still 48" in North Carolina; looking forward to NYC and the scale
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - you got this! Airports are hard for me, too... dunno why... but, I always feel I have to eat when I'm waiting... stay strong... we're here for you!
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Serial Starters!

Shonat - Welcome!

Sara - Congrats on the loss!

Lana - You got this!

AOTD: It's a late shift week, so all the chores and other tasks are squeezed into the morning. Then for work it's a lot of planning ahead and packing snacks accordingly. It'll be my 1 month-anniversary of being on MFP this Friday and it'll also mean I'll reach my first mini goal which was to, well, stick with it for a month. Next step is going to the gym once a week for a whole month, so I'll start this weekend. Weird feeling to actually look forward to working out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I am at work, make sure you check in at the end of each day of your week to tell us how it went.