Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    did I forget to post? at work bbl.

Did you have a crazy morning? Or, just too busy preparing yourself for noisy neighbor? Hope you have a good day...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Second Day of C25K... it's tough for me to get motivated in the morning... ugh... but, I just made myself do it...the dogs were so happy... I did have to switch dogs after 3rd run... Sassy just was not going to go anymore... Savannah made it to the finish with me! I'm hoping, if I can continue doing this, to switch off dogs everyday... weather permitting that is...

Sad day...we had a cat that had been here for almost 7 years...she was FIV/FLV+ plus, had Stomatitis (gum disease similar to Gingivitis but can be very painful)... she had it for a couple years, but had it under control with meds... until this week... she went to the vet and was not a good diagnoses..we didn't want her to suffer any longer, so we had to say Good bye... no matter how much I was prepared for it, still so very hard... she was such a sweet, sweet girl and, will truly be missed...

Hope everyone has a good day...
    Check in later...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    mp3 ran out of "juice" so I went home at lunch brought connector and am recharging as we speak. Dog got pit stop and treat.

I probably thought I selected "post" and ran away from computer this morning, dog let me sleep in. That is rare.

Hey to new peeps!! at work, crawling under rock.

Will be with Lana later.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,867 Member
    Options

OK Sara - It's just about time to come out from under the rock.

Cabana Boys have a special massage lined up for you before dinner.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - Sorry to hear about the little one today.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Dawn, always hate to hear about loved pets leaving. You took great care of her and she had a good life. -- You did awesome with your C25K workout!!

Someone I know online who knits says her boss yells across the hall for her all the time and she just ignores him........glad I am not the only one.

Foot massages and belly rubs (for pets) under Lana's Tree.

A little more knitting and then its time to call it a night.

Wishing all a great night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn - Sorry to hear about the little one today.

Lana

Lana- thank you very much... loved her so much... she's at peace, now
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thank you so much...so glad I was able to love and care for kitty... she will be missed... I'm hoping, the more I have to get up early, the easier it will get for me to move... wasn't too terrible... apart from the soggy feet... thankfully, I thought to bring an extra pair of socks and shoes... soggy feet are no fun...

Welcome new people! Great place to come for support and encouragement... stop by as often as you can...

Everyone have a great night!
    - Dawn
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome, new people!

Dawn - So sorry for your loss. My cats are part of my family, so I understand how painful it must be for you.

Mrsspitser - It can be incredibly hard to stick with it because what we're doing here is changing habits and routines and most people struggle with change. I come from a similar place - job's sedentary, not very active at home either, used to all the wrong foods, etc. I find that being active in this forum and this group is helping me stay on track, too.

What I'd recommend you do first is to load the app if you haven't yet and customize your foods a bit. If you have recipes and meals you eat quite often, add them to your database right away so it'll really just take you a few seconds to add them to your diary whenever you have them. Less work = less excuses. And then log everything, even when you go over your calories. Basically, I find the key is to make it as easy for yourself as you possibly can and keep yourself accountable. Plan ahead as much as you can. Make sure you have easy access to all the necessary tools (food scale, measuring cups, etc.).
  • iwtbt170
    iwtbt170 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    (Stands up) Hello, my name is michell and I AM a serial starter...

Long (very long) story short...been in the obese range since I was probably 10...started dieting at 12 at WW, have been on an tried EVERYTHING. Lost 80 lbs after my first baby 20 years ago, but that still left me in the obese range..after years of ups and downs finally got to the very very tip of the "over weight" BMI with the use of MFP..put 50 on and took most of it off again and now for the past 3 years been gaining and losing the same 40 lbs...this time I only gained 35 (don't know if that is a YAY me moment or not )

Anyways, I am at it again...down 6 of the 35 I put back on (back in obese range) ..my first and most important goal is to lose this 35 lbs..then I will start to really celebrate losses....

I know exactly where I go wrong, and what my problem is (first step to recovery is admitting you have a prob right lol) I lose that 35/40 lbs and I think "I got this" and I get comfortable and stop logging and start gaining...I have come to realize if I want to keep the weight off, I am going to be logging for life...which is OK

Current stats

starting weight (this time around).....225
    CW............219
    1st goal....190
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning. TGIF !!

We have early birds today - Welcome Michell, Foodfavor and Mrs S. Believe me one of us understands what you are going through and this is a good place to ask questions and check in. We were doing well with Questions of the Day and then we stopped, so if you have a question of the day -- ask.

OTC meds tomorrow morning at pharmacy. It is sinus infection big time and coughing started yesterday afternoon..... star jasmine with crepe myrtle down the road. If they have a 2fer box, I am getting one.

Stuffy in here so window open and fans running - may not be the best for my sinus infection -- but neither is a sauna for a living space. Sprinklers just came on and that usually decides which shoes I walk little one in.

Dawn -My vet would make a plaster cast of animal paw which I think is nice. One of these days Miss Tillie will get the admit to the Bar under Lana's Palm Tree where she will have men swooning over her.

Oatmeal is done and so is brain - wishing all a great Friday!!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    iamunicoon - thank you..I work at an animal shelter... but, kitty was still my baby, couldn't love her any less... and, my pets at home are my kids...

Sara - the vet that we use does the plaster paw, too...I love that... something to always have and cherish...thank you, again...

Well, getting ready to attempt day 3...
    See how that goes...
    Have a great day!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

Welcome to all the new people!

Dawn - so sorry to hear about your cat. :( Hugs!

Well, I'm just spinning my wheels this spring. Lose a couple, gain a couple. Really haven't lost anything this spring. Not even inches. I tried drinking meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch for the past week but it didn't do anything. Still putting too many treats in my mouth. Back to real food today. Need to cut out the carbs. And get moving!

Just feeling really sad because I know the last time I saw my high school girlfriends two years ago I was 8 lbs less than I am now. Even if I was perfect from now until the last weekend in June, I couldn't lose 8 lbs by then. :( And I know I'm going out for lunch tomorrow with Grandpa (pizza) and going out again on Sunday for wedding anniversary. Will make the best choices I can at all other times. Committing to really tracking and making good choices.

I'd better concentrate on work. I was gone all day yesterday at a meeting. Better see what I missed!

Annie

Today's weight: 155.4
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145.0
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Friday~~

Checking in.

BBL

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - thank you... she was a good kitty..
    I was 9lbs away from goal, then just blew it and started eating junk...I am sure, your girlfriends will still think you look great.... I'm the same as you...I was 12lbs heavier, when I saw my in laws after 13 years...I was so self conscious... they still loved me...2 had gained weight, as well...I loved them just as much... you are beautiful, inside and out
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Went after dinner and bought allergy medicine as I have allergy induced asthma - it is a once every 24 hours so I will start tomorrow. They had a sale buy one get one half off exp date is 08/2018 so I got 2.

Waiting for hot water to boil for ginger/lemon herb tea and hot water bottle for eyes.

Tomorrow dog gets groomed and she will be so happy as it is her summer cut.

Annie - you are more than the # on your scale and you will be glad you went to your reunion.

Will be under Lana's Palm tree - foot massage Friday!!

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning!

Errands today include dog grooming. Will take knitting along.

Wish I had a better idea of what to make for dinners this week.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Week 1 done...I like that it's only 3 days...I think I will do every other day and the days in between, I will just walk dogs... no jogging...I am not a runner at all... so, this is a bit of a challenge.. my lower body is achy... hopefully, I get used to it... this is only 8 weeks... gonna do my best to finish (I'm good at starting, not so good at finishing)...

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Check in later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello Ladies~~

I think this coming week I will continue with pre-cutting and some pre-cooking of vegetables to use for dinner in omelets, quesadillas, and salads. I keep everything ready to go in the fridge in plastic containers. Then when it's time to make each dinner, I can just throw the contents together without having to stand there when I'm tired and prep every item from scratch.

I don't have the oomph to cook entire meals like Sara does, for the freezer, but doing up the veggies does help me get through the week.

It's time to get outside, get in the pool and get some exercise!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - sounds like a great plan and a great day! Enjoy the pool! Take care!