What inspires you to keep going with your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    @jdlobb Yep pretty much. I want to look good and damn gooooooood.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Being overweight has made me anxious, depressed, self conscious...and even self-loathing at times.
    But I'm becoming more health aware as I'm getting older (43). My reasons have shifted away from not only what I / other people think of me but have also become about longevity and being in the best possible shape I can be for my wife & family.
    Yes, there are still vanity reasons, who doesn't like to look good in the buff :wink:
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to lose weight for a long long time. Like, ever since early college, so like 13ish years ago. So I think that's my biggest motivation....when you think about something that long without being fully committed it can really screw with your brain :) I'm also committed because I've never been this size before in my life -- I literally got terrified after stepping on the scale 3 weeks ago. I've gained like 30 lbs since last summer! That's insane to me. I am ready to do whatever it takes.
  • rosie38c
    rosie38c Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feeling really unfit and generally rubbish but the final moment was the day the seat belt on a Ryanair was really really tight ... that was 243lbs ....and it's not just in your clothes you can see the inches of improvement:) still got 28lbs to go but I'm 66% there
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I have a family history of Type 1 diabetes that I really want to avoid; I have a small son with whom I like playing and for whom I am setting an example; I hate the way it feels when my thighs bump my belly when I'm riding my bike or sitting at my desk; it's really gratifying to make these changes to and for myself deliberately. Oh, and because I do like the way fit looks.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    Options
    What inspires you to keep going with your weight loss?

I have goals ... cycling goals and weight goals.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Before I lost a lot of weight, my health was so bad that I would run out of breath just from a few minutes of exertion. My motivation is to not reach that point ever again.
  • govenderd1
    govenderd1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Aesthetics, and not wanting to have all the effort already expended go to waste.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    For me, it's about trying to move on from what has been a very hard time in my life, and generally trying to turn things around. Have had some family issues and relationship break up and it's all to do with starting fresh. :)
  • Elijah8468
    Elijah8468 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My 4yr old. Wanna be a good example of health for him and be able to play and run with him.
  • AskMorphis
    AskMorphis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The results that I have got so far, and the one that I'll most likely get if I keep on going.

Since I have changed my way of living, how I eat, I exercise now, I'm feeling good. In some sense, I like the new me. Sometimes the old me wants to come back, but it's not long before I can see without effort wich one I prefer to be, and act accordingly.
  • mmaegan973
    mmaegan973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    mmaegan973 wrote: »
    @JustRobby1 text her! Haha

I did last night. Though bear in mind that I am home in KC visiting my parents for the holiday weekend (where she lives also) and I fly back to Chicago where I live tonight. She wanted to meet up for coffee this AM anyway after I explained this, so I went. She is really sweet. Also, I though she was cute in her work uniform on Saturday but she was approaching goddess status from a Maxim photo shoot when I saw her this morning. I had that though in my head as I sat down of "what on Earth is a girl like this doing with me". I might just have to find an excuse to pay the parents a visit more often, being the good son that I am and all :smile:

Yay!