Brussel sprouts recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I roast them with diced sweet potato drizzled in olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme
  • managematics
    managematics Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts love high heat so preheat your oven to about 500 or so. Halve the sprouts and toss in a tiny bit of olive oil with some sliced shallots, salt and pepper. Roast them for 15m or a bit longer until well browned on the outside. Splash them with a bit of balsamic vinegar while still very, very hot. Enjoy! I do this for a quick-prep lunch several days a week.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I buy steamer bags and just steam them and have them plain or with a bit of salt. I've had them all dressed up, but just prefer them plain.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I found a shredded brussels sprouts salad on Pinterest that I love! The salad consists of shredded brussels sprouts (some stores sell bags already shredded), shredded kale (sometimes I use a bag of mixed greens - kale, baby spinach, baby arugala, etc.), bacon/turkey bacon, chopped almonds, and finely grated pecorino. The dressing is made of olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and salt/pepper to taste. I think it's delicious!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I only tried them once, but I split them and made them multiple ways. I loved them all but found frying them more convenient and they retain crispiness without being raw. Prepare a simple dressing (wholegrain mustard, olive oil, white vinegar, and a little bit of honey if you want), slice the sprouts slaw style (I used a shredding attachment on my food processor), add a little bit of olive oil and butter to a skillet, then stir fry the brussels hot for a couple of minutes, add the dressing, fry stirring around for one more minute, salt and pepper to taste, and done.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I like them roasted with olive oil and Parmesan, with balsamic vinegar.

If you get bored they are also good sprinkled with garam masala (curry powder.)
  • frost_kmc2016
    frost_kmc2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Brussels sprouts! I just cut them in half and toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, 2 slices of center cut bacon (chopped & raw), bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
  • TravelingGuru
    TravelingGuru Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A favorite at my house...
    Roasted brussel sprouts w/balsamic
    2lbs brussels sprouts
    2T evoo
    3t kosher salt
    1t ground black pepper
    2T balsamic vinegar
    1T maple syrup
    1T Splenda brown sugar

Coat baking sheet w/nonstick (or foil)
    Slice brussels sprouts in half if large, place on sheet
    Add oil, 2t salt, pepper, toss well to coat
    450 18min, stir and rotate halfway

Combine vinegar, maple syrup, brown sugar and 1t salt in small saucepan, med-hi heat
    Boil, stir frequently, until thick, about 3min.
    Spoon sprouts into bowl, drizzle with sauce, serve.

Serious yum. 6 servings.

Cal 77, fat 5, carbs 8, protein 1
  • matti422
    matti422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sautee in butter, olive oil, or bacon fat, then drizzle with pure grade B maple syrup. S&P.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Roasted with a little olive oil and salt, maybe pepper, and apples and sweet potato or delicata squash. I grew up hating them and now they are one of my favorite foods!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I pop mine in the microwave in a bowl with some water for a couple of minutes to soften them and then transfer then to a frying pan with some salt, pepper, and dijon mustard. Maybe a little acv if I'm pairing them with pork & apples.
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe: Roasted w/ Balsamic and Honey: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/roasted-brussels-sprouts.html So easy and delicious.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple, I halve them, spray with olive oil, season with garlic salt, pepper and smoked paprika and roast them at 400 for 30-40 minutes until very crispy and charred mmmm
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    salt and either butter (more steamed and finished in a pan) or olive oil (more grilled)

Of course, it is a bonus if you get the leaves too...cook them the same way. They are great.