What inspires you to keep going with your weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I have to walk by my condo complex pool on the way too and from the gym. I'm motivated every time by both the morbidly obese people at the pool and the thin, fit ones. Seeing them side by side in the same place, and knowing which one I fit in with better, provides a hell of a lot of motivation to bust my *kitten* in the gym and watch my calories.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The statitistics. They're terrible. I intend to be one of (hopefully) many drops in the bucket that steer the trend in the other direction. Joining the National Weight Control Registry sort of solidified that for me.
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    Being able to fit in smaller size clothes. Already able to button up my old pair of jeans that couldnt even zip closed almost a month ago, that was a nice surprise
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 200 lbs. and so much of my life hasn't changed that I thought would, but whatever. I was naive. However, I am still trying to lose and struggling at it as of late (damn vacations! and only around 20 lbs. to go!) What keeps me going, I guess, is looking to my future and for once in my adult life wanting to be a healthy weight. Also, I don't ever want to go back to feeling like I did when I was obese - high blood pressure symptoms, horrible periods, not getting out of the house, etc. I can't go back to that ever. I just tell myself that over and over and try to succeed from day to day. But, damn, it's still hard. Even harder than it was when I started a few years ago.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't want to be fat or out of shape.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont want to be fat

i want to be healthy

i want to live long enough to get and enjoy the million dollar+ inheritance that eventually ill get (might be 70 when it happens or older but eventually LOLOLOL)
  • smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I watched my dad get sick and give up on life. He barely got out of bed for the last few years. I don't want to be so inactive that I end up succumbing to the depression like he did.

I want to model a healthy lifestyle for my daughter. Thankfully, she is active now and eats really well (she loves veggies and fruit) but I want her to see that it is important to stay active and eat well as an adult, too.

I want to be able to shop in stores and not have to go searching for the "plus-size" section and get frustrated because I don't like anything in that section.

I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin again. And I'm getting there. I'm already starting to see that some clothes are getting too big. And I just feel lighter.

Also, I'll be 40 in two years, and I don't want to go into my next "big" birthday with all of this extra weight.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I just want to look good.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    katsheare wrote: »
    I have a family history of Type 1 diabetes that I really want to avoid.

Type 1 is an autoimmune disease. I was a skinny underweight preschooler.

What you eat or what you weigh isn't going to change your odds of getting it.

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    I wanna look good naked.

that's the dream, isn't it?
  • cadhlaureen
    cadhlaureen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My SO of 9 years said that he wasn't attracted to my body. I was starting to lose weight for myself anyway - but that was a huge kick in the *kitten* to get moving - no excuses. I'm losing weight, and it's not for him. It's for me, and it's for us. I want my SO to continue being attracted to me for a long time, I want that level of base attraction in our relationship. That's my motivation, it's part vanity, part wanting a healthy relationship, part actual health.

It's part looking in the mirror and seeing a someone who I'm not. Being big isn't me. I want to see myself in the mirror, I want my confidence back. Motivation, motivation, motivation.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Pure stubborness :D
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Spite, pure and simple.

At first, at least. Then actual progress happened and I've loved the journey. Now it's for me.
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is to fit into my size 10 pants. I'm into a size 12 pants and they only fit me in the waist; legs and bum area way too big and doesn't look good at all.

Now that I'm on the path of within calorie limit and exercising to loose pounds I'm envisioning a flat belly and toned up legs and arms.

Hopefully progress continues; I'm using tracking meals and these message boards to keep me motivated.