Petite Women 4'10"-5'3"... what's your hip and waist size?

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    5'1
    Weight: 132.5
    W: 27
    H: 37
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    4'11"
    hip 40
    waist 30
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    5'0

98lb

waist 25

hips: ? measuring tomorrow
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Just wanted to update my post.

Last time I wrote
    5'3"
    125 lbs
    Waist 27 inches
    Hips 37.5 inches

But now it's
    5'3"
    120-121 lbs
    Waist 26.5 inches
    Hips unknown, probably 37 inches but will come back and update this when I measure
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    height: 5'1"
    weight: 115-120ish lbs
    waist: 26.5 inches
    hips: 33.25 inches

My stats are pretty much exactly hers but I'm 5'2-ish.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm happy to say that my waist is now down to 28 inches and my hips are 38 inches.
    I would like to lose 3 more inches. He he
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    height 5ft 3
    weight 133lbs
    waist 23
    hips 28
  • langbellacutie
    langbellacutie Posts: 1 Member
    5'2
    Bust:43
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 44
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    5'3"
    Currently 116 lbs
    Waist: 25"
    Hips: 35-36"

I have embraced my hips, however I wish the Iarge things didn't go along with it! That is the area that I lose from the slowest.
  • bribucks
    5'3"
    Currently 116 lbs
    Waist: 25"
    Hips: 35-36"

I have embraced my hips, however I wish the Iarge things didn't go along with it! That is the area that I lose from the slowest.

Whoops - I meant "thighs."
  • C_Erased
    C_Erased Posts: 5 Member
    Wow, why did I click on this? This might be the worst blow to my self-esteem I've had since starting MFP. *sigh* I thought I was doing good (lost 23 lbs so far). But then I realize no matter how much I lose, I will never have an hourglass shape because I'm just not built that way. I see folks on here that weigh 20 lbs more than me (at the same height - 4'11") but have a waist 6 inches smaller. You ladies that have an actual "shape" are so lucky.
  • bribucks
    C_Erased wrote: »
    Wow, why did I click on this? This might be the worst blow to my self-esteem I've had since starting MFP. *sigh* I thought I was doing good (lost 23 lbs so far). But then I realize no matter how much I lose, I will never have an hourglass shape because I'm just not built that way. I see folks on here that weigh 20 lbs more than me (at the same height - 4'11") but have a waist 6 inches smaller. You ladies that have an actual "shape" are so lucky.

Don't get too discouraged! While genetics do play a certain part, I have also heard that lots of women have success with "lifting heavy things" as far as shaving off inches from the waist, building a bigger booty, etc.

No personal success stories here because I haven't started recomp yet (soon!) but maybe some other women can share, or try searching other threads for success stories of this nature.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    What do you mean "abnormally huge"? They are your waist/hip sizes, and probably many others' as well. They are probably more "normal" than you'd think. The average waist/hip sizes of women willing to publicly share that information on MFP is not at all indicative of the general population's average; and neither are indicators of what "normal" metrics should be.

That being said waist circumference or waist-hip ratio are sometimes used as indicators of health instead of BMI, if that helps. And tracking measurements is a great way to see progress. And if you want to reduce waist and hip size, the only way to do so is to reduce overall body fat.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    I'm 5'4, I got big hips from child birth it all depends on your body, everyone is shaped differently! My waist is 29. My bust is 37. My hips are 38. Butt is 41. Thighs are 23.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Oh and I weigh 137. I started off at 158.
  • clamming53
    clamming53 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    5'1
    Weight is around 118 lbs right now
    Waist is 28
    Hips is 34

I have been doing some digging and alot of sites suggest I have a 25 inch waist to be ideal. I'm really working on it! Seems like it will never happen!
  • cprbrat17
    cprbrat17 Posts: 20 Member
    5'1
    Weight 101
    W. 61 cm.
    H. 76 cm.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    C_Erased wrote: »

Cheer up, you've got lots of company :) I'm 5'3", 110 lbs with a 31" waist and 35 1/2" hips. I will reduce both hips and waist as I continue weight training, but I too will never have an hourglass figure. I decided I'm going for "sporty" - it sounds cool and you can be any shape and fit in!
  • punkdoggo89
    punkdoggo89 Posts: 2 Member
    5'3"
    140lbs
    36"
    Waist 27.5"
    Hip 41"