September 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Just jumping it say thanks to you all....I am honored and humbled and overwhelmed with your support. Remember, the offer is still open to any who want to be here in person for the Aim at Melanoma run/walk to camp out on my 2acre lawn (with ocean view.....), and barbeque/party to follow after the run!

Also, my prayers and hugs to all impacted by Harvey and looming Irma...

ha ha how funny (and awesome) would it be if 200 of us showed up on your lawn :smile:

Let's do it!!!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Just been watching footage of the Everest Marathon. Needless to say, the Nepalese pretty much have it in the bag with their genetically adapted lungs.

I don't think anyone could really argue with me if I said it looks like the most stunning trail run in the world.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Just let me know so I can order portapotties!

Here is a race-bib for any who feel so motivated: http://the-hroost.com/public/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/runbib.jpg
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @ctlaws44 Feels good to be running again! Really looking forward to it cooling down here in Vegas. So I can run peaks and rack up some nice vertical

9/3: 5mi TM easy
    9/6: 3.1mi easy @ 9:41/mi. Then 5mi speed hike with 20% grade. (3,000ft vert gain) :)

Total: 8.1/50mi+
  • anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1 Sept 2.85km run 3.50k walk
    2 Sept NONE
    3 Sept 5k
    4 Sept no run but 3.50k walk
    5 Sept PT session and 3.50k walk
    6 Sept 3.5k walk Cumulative total =22.35k
    I was going to go run on the treadmill but I ended up making cupcakes for a charity bake for work on Friday - my house smells of chocolate orange very yummy.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Just jumping it say thanks to you all....I am honored and humbled and overwhelmed with your support. Remember, the offer is still open to any who want to be here in person for the Aim at Melanoma run/walk to camp out on my 2acre lawn (with ocean view.....), and barbeque/party to follow after the run!

Also, my prayers and hugs to all impacted by Harvey and looming Irma...

ha ha how funny (and awesome) would it be if 200 of us showed up on your lawn :smile:

Let's do it!!!!

I have just enough vacation to make a trip.. :smiley: DH is a gypsy. He'll go anywhere in a heartbeat!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @ariceroni that's awesome!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    9/1 - Rest day
    9/2 - 13.18 miles. Very slow, mostly walking. Really struggled with low BG throughout entire run. Depleted electrolytes and had cramping towards end and afterwards.
    9/3 - Rest
    9/4 - Cross train - hiked 10 miles.
    9/5 - Unplanned rest day - seems like I might have sprained left ankle.
    9/6 - 6.34 miles (plan was for 8, but trying to be easy on ankle ahead of HM on 9/9)

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    9/9/17 - Wabash Trace HM
    10/21/17 - Oregon Trail Run HM
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    If you're a night runner in the northern part of the northern hemisphere, keep an eye to the sky. Great chance of seeing Aurora Borealis tonight, Thursday, and Friday nights

That must be why we are having an unpredicted thunderstorm here.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Man, I can not imagine how much faster I would have to go to BQ. I have to shave nearly an hour of my current PR. I do not see that happening! But if you run Pittsburgh, make sure you say hi before the race. I will be back with the 4 hour pacer. :)
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I thank you so very much for the info... I got all excited, and then remembered everything to the west of me is on fire, and you can't hardly see town, much less the sky... booo... but I may still go looking this weekend anyways...

My non running update. With trial runs last week, and vacation, and hiking, I was feeling optimistic. Running wasn't terrible, walking was not causing much ankle popping, swelling had stayed down,both with and without the brace. Then physical therapy happened yesterday.... and not only have I been gimpy enough since, that it was noticeable to others, but the swelling was significant enough to be very obvious while wearing the brace. Grrrr.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    So smoky here. :'(

Today's run : 3.5
    Sept. Total: 9.5
    Sept. Goal: 40 miles

I think I am on track. I keep wanting to add a day, but I am going to continue running every other day. I added .5 miles tonight, but I will pull back to 3 for the rest of this week. I am really trying to remain injury free.