Upcoming races:

19/11 - Movember 10k
    26/11 - Wilmslow 10k

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @OSUbuckeye906

@RespectTheKitty I saw you on Instagram! That is awesome!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    LC0924 wrote: »
    Hello, all! I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided it was time to commit and introduce myself.

I am recovering from an injury (that later turned into some extra time off, haha) and trying to start back slowly and not make things worse in my eagerness :| I'm doing one of those run/walk/run deals and am supremely hopeful but don't know what it will translate into in terms of mileage... So my goal is to run twice a week! Feels really meager compared to the badassery of the lot of you, but I'm told I have to start somewhere :D

Welcome!!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided it was time to commit and introduce myself.

I am recovering from an injury (that later turned into some extra time off, haha) and trying to start back slowly and not make things worse in my eagerness :| I'm doing one of those run/walk/run deals and am supremely hopeful but don't know what it will translate into in terms of mileage... So my goal is to run twice a week! Feels really meager compared to the badassery of the lot of you, but I'm told I have to start somewhere :D

Welcome!!
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Sep   2     4.5        4.5 
    Sep   4     5.1        9.6
    Sep   7     3.8       13.4

• NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Welcome
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9/1: Rest day
    9/2: 16 miles
    9/3: Rest day (11.5 hours of sleep!)
    9/4: 6 miles
    9/5: Rest day
    9/6: Rest day again
    9/7: 11 miles of Tempo Thursday
    9/7: 6.4 miles

39.4 of 250 220 goal miles

Group run / Thursday double. Ran faster than expected especially considering the tempo this morning. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

Upcoming Races:
    Sept 16: Baker's Revenge 10 mile trail race
    Oct 8: Steamtown Marathon
    Oct 22: Perfect 10 miler
    Nov 5: Princeton Half Marathon (pacer)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Anyone else check out the beta testing version of GC! Ohh I loves it! It'll never be Strava, I don't think. I like GC to be for my personal use and not to share so much with "everyone". So I do hope they leave it as such. But I do see the addition of segments, which again are nice to see if I can beat myself (too many folks way faster than me to keep a Strava CR for long). I know the segements were a feature before, but it looks like they may pop up in the activity like Strava does. I only have old bike segements on my GC, so I'm not sure if it's always been this way. But you can look Strava segements now- in beta.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Rest day yesterday (bowling night), 9 miles today.

37.2 miles total for the month so far. Not bad for the first week.

Keeping all the Florida folks in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    September goal....I'll know it when I see it.

9/1 rest
    9/2 4mile hike through Kilauea Iki, then 3.2 run on treadmill
    9/3 4.35
    9/4 4.00
    9/5 rest
    9/6 5.62
    9/7 4.10

Total: 25.27
    @ROBOTFOOD ..yowsa!
    @jessicamcb they go from "first day" to "first date" in a heartbeat! <3

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:
    exercise.png
    upcoming races:
    Hilo Bay 5 and 10k 9/10
    BlockThe Sun Run 5k Oct 14 (https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017) (physical and virtual options available)