Biking Challenge - 1 mth, 150 miles

Options

Replies

• TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Arrgh unless I can do 12 miles tomorrow I'm just short of the target!!! :sad:

Edit: odd, mytrackie thing hasn't updated - it should say monthly miles 138!

Go for it; you've done great so far.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Rode 21 miles tonight. 592 miles for the month. Should pass my goal of 600 miles tomorrow.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Wow, there's some amazing mileage going on in this thread! :smile: 600 miles in a month is just wow!

Well got a nice 12-14 mile ride planned for later today if this blasted headache goes - so should at least manage the 150! :smile:
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I started with 150 a month back at the beginning of the year, and I just keep adding on. I believe my August goal will be 750.

That is a lot of miles. I don't think I actually have the time to cycle that much!

What kind of bike are you riding?
  • TDSeest
    Options
    I started with 150 a month back at the beginning of the year, and I just keep adding on. I believe my August goal will be 750.

That is a lot of miles. I don't think I actually have the time to cycle that much!

What kind of bike are you riding?

I have two identical Giant Cypress DX's. I have two, because at the beginning of the year, I was breaking spokes on a nearly daily basis because of my weight. So, I'd rotate bikes at the bike shop. Now, I haven't broken a spoke in about a month.

It does take a lot of time; much easier for me to gain weight, than lose weight.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Wow, there's some amazing mileage going on in this thread! :smile: 600 miles in a month is just wow!

Well got a nice 12-14 mile ride planned for later today if this blasted headache goes - so should at least manage the 150! :smile:

Cool. Glad you are going to make it.
  • jasonic1
    jasonic1 Posts: 10
    Options
    After my 35 mil ride today - my total for the month was 452.76 miles. Can't believe I hit my goal. I am officially feeling better than I have in 15 years at least.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be an Aug version... I missed the Jul one
  • khvanzant
    khvanzant Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site but bike all the time. Husband and I did 20 miles this morning - will this thread keep going or will a new one begin? Love to talk to fellow cyclists!!
  • khvanzant
    khvanzant Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site but bike all the time. Husband and I did 20 miles this morning - will this thread keep going or will a new one begin? Love to talk to fellow cyclists!!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    July 31st Miles = 22.74

Total Miles for July 323.15

My plan was just to go for the 150 miles as the challenge stated due to the fact that I only got in 100 miles in June - Figured 150 would be a good step up. Since I hit 150 in the middle of the month my new goal went to 300 hundred and was happy I reached that on Friday. August Goal for me is to ride 200 miles as it will be a busier month at work with less free time at home! Good job everyone!

-Dave
  • zornig
    Options

I have two identical Giant Cypress DX's. I have two, because at the beginning of the year, I was breaking spokes on a nearly daily basis because of my weight. So, I'd rotate bikes at the bike shop. Now, I haven't broken a spoke in about a month.

It does take a lot of time; much easier for me to gain weight, than lose weight.

That's a novel solution! Although really you'd only need two sets of wheels, not two whole bikes. Still, I'm impressed you can clock that many miles on a hybrid. I find them too uncomfortable to ride for any real length of time.
  • kobunski
    kobunski Posts: 18
    Options
    I should do this since my husband just said that we should sell our bikes because we haven't used them in so long! Hmm..how do I know how many miles I ride though?
  • TDSeest
    Options

That's a novel solution! Although really you'd only need two sets of wheels, not two whole bikes. Still, I'm impressed you can clock that many miles on a hybrid. I find them too uncomfortable to ride for any real length of time.

I actually have two sets of wheels for each of the bikes. I was breaking lots of spokes. Thankfully, those days seem to be behind me.

I'm actually buying another Cypress DX this week and shipping it to a friend in Oregon. We're planning on biking Highway 101 from the tip of Washington on the Canadian border, all the way to Mexico over the next year. I'm flying out on 8/24 to do the state of Washington stretch. I figured it was cheaper to have a bike that I leave out there, rather than flying one back and forth. He's got a nice car carrier, and he or his wife will drive us to our starting point each time we ride...
  • zornig
    Options
    has anyone started an August challenge thread?
  • HoneyBadgerVin
    Options
    02 July: 35.6 miles
    07 July: 13.5 miles
    09 July: 21.5 miles
    10 July: 16.3 miles
    12 July: 41.3 miles
    16 July: 14.4 miles
    17 July: 27.1 miles
    25 July: 14.2 miles
    29 July: 30.1 miles
    31 July: 27.1 miles

Total: 239.7

So yeah, I had a goal of 240, just to beat my June mileage of 214.9 miles. I'm short 3/10s of a mile on the last day. But effit. I wasn't doing squats every other day in June.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    02 July: 35.6 miles
    07 July: 13.5 miles
    09 July: 21.5 miles
    10 July: 16.3 miles
    12 July: 41.3 miles
    16 July: 14.4 miles
    17 July: 27.1 miles
    25 July: 14.2 miles
    29 July: 30.1 miles
    31 July: 27.1 miles

Total: 239.7

So yeah, I had a goal of 240, just to beat my June mileage of 214.9 miles. I'm short 3/10s of a mile on the last day. But effit. I wasn't doing squats every other day in June.

Great job. You made it...
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Final ride of the month; 16 miles. 608 miles for the month. Goal for August is 750 miles.

Great riding with all of you this month; keep up the great work next month.
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    tag. gonna be a new thread for next month, or will we just keep adding to this one?

I am kinda new to the road bike thing (had mine about 3 weeks tomorrow, i think).

did 30 yesterday, and 11 this evening.
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a bike this week so I'll be in for this challenge!!!