September 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oh @Eaglesfanintn ! Ouch! That's one mean sidewalk.

ETA love your socks BTW. So far one of my favorite brands.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @Eaglesfanintn where is the DISLIKE; Poor you; owieeeee button?

• Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 I love their socks. They're pretty much the only ones I wear.

It's definitely not the first time I've wiped while running. I hate running on sidewalks, but the road I was on doesn't have a shoulder and it was too dark to run on it.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @LC0924 welcome to the Fun Run Club. Lurking is a common way of checking out a Forum and deciding if it is a fit to your goals/personality.
    @Elise4270 Please tell me those are Trail Shoes. That's a very aggressive tread for road.
    @RespectTheKitty Great link and so many inspiring people.
    I have to get a modified Embrace the Suck Shirt with " Yes This is a Runners Body" on the back.
    @emmab0902 Mama Melt down = long run
    @Eaglesfanintn That's a nasty one, another reason I prefer bush/dirt trails over sidewalk/pavement.
    Mini-Taper for my Don't Get Lost in the Woods race on Sunday. So much fun chasing other runners around the twisty maze of trails at the ski club.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @juliet3455 Yes, trail shoes. I avoid pavement, it's just not as forgiving, as @Eaglesfanintn points out. :wink:

I haven't decided what to do about my seemingly uneven gait. It's the side my hip surgeon is currently addressing with the shots, (not the surgery side), so I have to believe it's indicative of what's going on with. Maybe I'll just bring it up with him in November.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

So as I was running this morning I noticed these red balloons tied to all the storm drains. Now not only do I need to be vigilant for bear activity but for satanic clowns as well. On the positive side my pace around those drains was on point :D

Sounds like a new work out a clown-lek!! :lol::lol:

• Eaglesfanintn
    Options
    @juliet3455 The problem with trail runs is I trip there as well. At some point, a root will reach up and grab my foot. I'm starting to think it's me... :#
  • dbhawkins1010
    dbhawkins1010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    9/1: strength workout @ gym
    9/2: C25K W7D2 2.14 miles
    9/3: rest day, family bday celebration for daughter
    9/4: C25K W7D3 2.44 miles
    9/5: day of daughter's 17th bday (yes, she stretched out the celebration!)
    9/6: HARD upper body workout @ gym
    9/7: C25K W8D1 2.5 miles

Total 7.08 of 30 miles September goal

My daughter & I were much later running last night than planned due to her playing 9 holes of golf (that's her sport ... the C25K & gym workouts are all part of her plan to improve her game so she can hopefully play college golf next year). So it was 8:30 before we were out the door to run the farm paths closest to the house. It was her first time running in the full dark with the headlamp & it went really well. Yay for cooler temps here in NC. I do love the summer & hate to see it end but it's so much easier to run in the 60s/70s with low humidity.

We plan to do C25K W8D2 tomorrow ... probably after she plays either 9 or 18 holes. I may go with her to the club & it's just 9 we may walk it. She will NOT be happy with me at all if that's what we do!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Our prayers are with those in Irma's path. It's looking now like we may be spared in northeastern NC & only get a manageable amount of rain. I hate it so much for those that she's bearing down on but it's good news for our local farmers.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 yeah for progress
    @PastorVincent oh no – yeah for AAA
    @LC0924 welcome!!
    @garygse the cooler weather has been awesome hasn’t it?!
    @OSUbuckeye906 I hope you are feeling better soon, that is too scary
    @KristineGift super daily double
    @1TheQueenB great job on the compliments about your weight loss that is so awesome. When I lost weight a “friend” who I hadn’t seen in about 2 months looked at me and said “are you sick do you have cancer or something” OMG wow thanks yeah let’s jump right to I’m dying. Geesh! Love the compliments, they are better than the scale.
    @JessicaMcB she is so precious! I hope she has an awesome year. Awe I miss those days. The red balloons oh yeah a sure sign of “IT” from your picture it looks like you were trying to sneak up on it
    Yipes @ROBOTFOOD that doesn’t sound like fun
    @Eaglesfanintn wow that is a bad one, hope you heal up soon, even if you are an Eagles fan *wink wink* on the socks, I was thinking damn I hope the blood comes out of those expensive socks. I can trip over an ant so don’t feel bad.
    @juliet3455 have fun on Sunday
    @dbhawkins1010 great profile pix
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    9/8 3.5m intervals (7x.25m)
    Total: 15.5 of 65 miles

2017 Goal: Beat 20-yr-old PR (29:32)
    *Oct: Apple Harvest 5k
    *Nov: Movember 5k
    *Dec: Mitten Run 5k

It was actually quite chilly this morning, so I ate a cheesy bagel, drank coffee, and worked for a while before heading out. Ran out the front door where we’re staying this week and made my way down to the park. Did a couple of laps of intervals, circling the small pond and dodging the geese, then ran back. Warming up in the sunny spots, and cooling down in the deep shadows. Quite a nice morning.

I did not wipe out and bloody up my knuckles and knees. So I'm grateful for that. Ouch!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @Eaglesfanintn Eagles as in football or the eagles band, or maybe just eagles in general?
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Eaglesfanintn Eagles as in football or the eagles band, or maybe just eagles in general?

LOL - Eagles as in football. I'm from Philadelphia originally, living near Nashville, TN now. Although, I do like the band and the birds as well.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

LOL - Eagles as in football. I'm from Philadelphia originally, living near Nashville, TN now. Although, I do like the band and the birds as well.

Just had to clarify before I pigeon-holed you :smiley: Eagles are a'ight.

I always rooted for San Diego because I was born there. Was raised in North Texas, everybody LOVED the cowboys. So I had to make sure to root for anyone playing against them... But I'm seriously impressed with last year's team, even went and saw them play on Thanksgiving.

So I'm kinda teamless, and I cancelled cable because I'm tired of the insane price for *kitten* tv. May just sit this season out.. idk I really enjoy couch/football time.