• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    9/2: 2.6
    9/3: 2.2
    9/5: 4.0
    9/9: 4.3

Total 13.1 / 50.0

Should have run Thursday, but I was still feeling stiff and achy, plus had family stuff. Oh, well. Thinking that going up to four days a week might be too big of a jump, and that every other day is a more reasonable target.

Today was my first run-in with someone who high-fives other runners. It was kind of fun!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @fitoverfortymom !!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I got my morning run in before this hurricane hits us!!!!!!!!!!! Be safe everyone in its path!
    Day #42 of
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Thank you!!!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Thank you!!!

What was your favorite part of the race? I love races because I am so much faster than my training runs. And I just think " this must be how Lauren Fleshman feels". Haha!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @ariceroni Hope your family is safe too.

We introduced a new kitten to our older cat (~6) a few years ago. It took some time (Our male just didn't care if we had company- he'll run with the dogs. Identity crisis?). My older cat sat outside a lot and I had to open my bedroom window to entice her to come in an eat and get petted. Quick in and quick get away if the little one caught sight of her, wanting to play. I sat outside with her a lot, playing her favorite pink 'nake game in the dirt, now the dirt baby game. Just respect that it's gonna happen on their terms in their time.
    These 2 aren't close, but do play together, er sort of...the way cats do.. lots of "drive by's". I found separate food bowls and litter to be helpful along with some new toys and that cardboard scratching blocks helped (still does). They had territory to newly claim.

Your little kitten is cute. Hope they all get along and are wonderful company.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    WOW! @katharmonic ! Sounds like an amazing run! And the boys? Too funny!

Congratulations on the HM time!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom great race! Racing over a minute faster than your training ru s is awesome!