Terrible, Horrible, Rotten, No Good Mood!

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I am in a horribly foul mood. My best friend sent an email I feel to be out of line. My office has a weird vibe today (which is likely all in my head). My lip is chapped, etc....

Seriously. Someone punch me and give me a xanax or something. It's ridiculous that I'm this anxious and moody for no good reason.

Replies

• Allyc804
    Allyc804 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hang in there! Mondays are tough!!! Take a walk if you can. Removing yourself, even if brief, might help!!

xoxox
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    *hands you xanax*

me too. i think it's the damn hot weather. so sick of it.

cheer up!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    manic monday... boo! tomorrow is a fresh start ;)(
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I am in a crappy mood too. Too much drama going on in the office, my boss is a nutter and my other boss is a wimp. ugh.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    OOOh- I'm sorry. I've had those before and you just have to work it out. I had a physician I worked with ask me once to put a red scarf on when I had those- which totally insulted me since I thought closing the door to my office so I could try and relax was reasonable and it was his own fault for walking in....
  • dunsu47
    dunsu47 Posts: 13
    Options
    While mine is not as bad, I am in a crabby mood.. I know it's me but somedays..hang in there and I agree.. it's the hot sticky weather, makes even the nicest people grumpy...
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm so hoping your day gets better for you! Sending good vibes your way :happy:

~big hugs~!
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thank all that is HOLY - I'm working at home today and don't have to put up with anyone's crap!!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    sounds like someone has a case of the mondays.... bwahaha
    Think of office space... Smile. Physically force yourself to smile for 30 continuous seconds. There is supposed to be a trigger that happens when you smile. Breathe and count to ten. These were tips in my positive psychology class so if they don't work i had nothing to do with you smiling like an idiot for 30 seconds :)
    Buck up buckaroo.... We like you!~
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    SMILE!!! :)

It confuses people hee hee
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think your best friend deserves an e-mail in return telling that the message has caused you stress. Maybe this person doesn't realize that you would be affected so negatively. Try not to over-react. Hang in there and things will be better shortly. FG
  • odusgolp
    Options
    OOOh- I'm sorry. I've had those before and you just have to work it out. I had a physician I worked with ask me once to put a red scarf on when I had those- which totally insulted me since I thought closing the door to my office so I could try and relax was reasonable and it was his own fault for walking in....

Asked you to wear a freaking red scarf???? Shut the front door!!!! I would have punched him/her right in the trachea.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I think your best friend deserves an e-mail in return telling that the message has caused you stress. Maybe this person doesn't realize that you would be affected so negatively. Try not to over-react. Hang in there and things will be better shortly. FG

Can I just vent about it to get another perspective on this???

Here's the story.... My best friend's neighbor is going through an immensely hard time. Husband left her and two very young children, not paying any support, she's living on food stamps, etc. OK fast forward... I do a direct sales business (food business). This neighbor signed up last week to also sell this food product to try and make some extra money to support herself and the kids, obviously.

There is a meeting tonight that I told her I'd give her a ride to if she wanted to come. I told her this on Friday. The neighbor asked my best friend to babysit for her.

This is the email my bestie sent me this morning:

"Neighbor texted me yesterday afternoon asking if I could watch the boys tonight while she goes to training with you from 5-9. I can't b/c I'm being diligent about spin class, but this was totally what I was afraid would happen with WT. I know I told her I'd help her out with one time a month for WT, but I need more than a day's notice (especially once school starts back up) and I will always be the first person she will call on if there is not more notice than that. Anyway I'm hoping you can help me out with this by giving her more time with these things? That would be really helpful as I would like to help her out, but not at the loss of the things I've already committed to. I hope you understand where I'm coming from on this."

Before I say boo... How would YOU take this email???
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Sudo, I'm right there with you. Nobody should ever attack or upset me when I'm in this mood. Read my status...lol

chin up.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Sudo, I'm right there with you. Nobody should ever attack or upset me when I'm in this mood. Read my status...lol

chin up.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options

Can I just vent about it to get another perspective on this???

Here's the story.... My best friend's neighbor is going through an immensely hard time. Husband left her and two very young children, not paying any support, she's living on food stamps, etc. OK fast forward... I do a direct sales business (food business). This neighbor signed up last week to also sell this food product to try and make some extra money to support herself and the kids, obviously.

There is a meeting tonight that I told her I'd give her a ride to if she wanted to come. I told her this on Friday. The neighbor asked my best friend to babysit for her.

This is the email my bestie sent me this morning:

"Neighbor texted me yesterday afternoon asking if I could watch the boys tonight while she goes to training with you from 5-9. I can't b/c I'm being diligent about spin class, but this was totally what I was afraid would happen with WT. I know I told her I'd help her out with one time a month for WT, but I need more than a day's notice (especially once school starts back up) and I will always be the first person she will call on if there is not more notice than that. Anyway I'm hoping you can help me out with this by giving her more time with these things? That would be really helpful as I would like to help her out, but not at the loss of the things I've already committed to. I hope you understand where I'm coming from on this."

Before I say boo... How would YOU take this email???

one word: patronizing.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I felt it to be extremely condescending.

She's in her upper 30's. Boyfriend that she doesn't live with. No kids. Teacher so not working this summer. Doesn't like babysitting the neighbors kids.

However, NONE of this is my fault. Someone asked you to babysit and you need to make this big an issue of it?? I just... I don't get it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It is something in the air. Bad mood today is contagious!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I felt it to be extremely condescending.

She's in her upper 30's. Boyfriend that she doesn't live with. No kids. Teacher so not working this summer. Doesn't like babysitting the neighbors kids.

However, NONE of this is my fault. Someone asked you to babysit and you need to make this big an issue of it?? I just... I don't get it.

I would send her an email with just one sentence in it and one sentence only, "Did you ask her when she was notified about the meeting?" That way, it gets to the heart of the issue without getting you all riled up, which the emotion of would likely divert you away from the point you want to make. But, it would be enough to let her know that maybe she needed to look at things from a different angle.

In the end, if the neighbor doesn't make it to training, I don't know about you but I wouldn't stress about it. You did your part, she failed to come through on hers. It is hard to help people when they just won't help themselves sometimes.

Good luck!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I'm dwelling. I really do dwell about things entirely too much. I'm completely unfocused at work.

Must go for a walk. Or find a bottle of vodka.

*LOL*