SAHMU Team Red (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi girls, just checkin in, still thinking on my recipe. Grats on the weight loss last week! Go Team Red!
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm so sorry I haven' t been on. I got in the slump the last week or so. This is what happens to me. I do good for a few weeks then I'm in a slump for a few weeks :( Hopefully that will all start to change (when the kids go back to school lol) soon. I'm going to read through the boards to see where I'm supposed to be and hoepfully get back on track.
  • Momof2gurls
    Options
    Friday:
    Cardio: jumping jacks - done! - Don't know if I'll get my cardio in today, we'll see how the evening pans out.
    Strength: push ups - done!
    Sleep from Thurs. to Fri: 7 hrs.
  • beckyard
    Options
    Okay (again I'm sorry about last week) here's my catching up for this week (7/27/ - 8/3)....or would it be easier just to put a total on Tuesday for the whole week? I just want to make it easier :p

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3): Cardio: Day 1 ~ 7/28 walking/jogging with my DD (40mins)

Strength: 5 sets of 5 pushups done for 7/29/11 = 1 day

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets ***my kids LOVE these chicken nuggets!!***
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets •

Calories: 164.9
    Fat: 4.6 g
    Protein: 22.1 g
    Carb: 7.7 g
    Fiber: 0.9 g
    Sugar: 0.1 g

* 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    * salt and pepper to taste
    * 2 tsp olive oil
    * 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    * 2 tbsp panko
    * 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    * olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken. Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):

How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family? My struggles is kind of weird how I see it. Everyone sees me as fit and thin and my husband says I'm no where near how "fat" I think I am (or feel). I'm almost 5 foot 10 and I can hide it very well, so I do look thin(ish). My struggle is that my daughter is a little over weight too. I never obsess or say anything about how I look in front of her and always try to teach healthy habits (eating, exercising, good choices) but am hypocritic at the same time because I tend to binge at times. It's a struggle to me because everyone sees me as how I'm not and I see me as how I feel and I don't like feeling like this. I only have a few pair of clothes that I wear but can hide it. I don't want my daughter to think she is fat or overweight but just want her to be healthy. So it's a struggle because I'm not consistent with myself and struggle with being hypocritical with my family (in secrecy). I want to show good habits and participate in good habits, just not have them do it themselves. It's very challenging at times.

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3): have gotten at least 7.5 hours of sleep 7/27 and 7/28. Check!!

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

P.S. Do we just post our stuff/challenges/victories on here for the red team or also in the main thread? The main thread is HUMONGOUS and just wanna make sure lol.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I got in my 7+ hours of sleep last night. ;)

Cardio~ 30 mins of 30DS.
    Jumping Jacks ~ Done
    Ugh ... Push-ups ~ Done (they kill me! LOL!)

Happy Friday Ladies!! =D
  • beckyard
    Options
    For Friday got my pushups done, jumping jacks done and got my sleep on thursday night :)
  • young9
    young9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    friday: i got in 20 minutes of zumba and 30 minutes of brisk walking pushing a stoller.
    i got my sleep every night so far of the challenge, i like sleep:)
    i did my jumping jacks and pushups for friday but i didn't get them in on thursday
    kitchen has been close at around 8:30 each night.

busy again this weekend and early next week. working extra shifts to help out my sister. so much for my relaxing summer off :)
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    i'm down 3 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my first weigh in with myfitnesspal and i'm thankful i found you guys!!!!

Awesome job!
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    I did my jumping jacks and push ups! :) Along with my L2D6 of my 30 Day shred! :P I did not get in my full 7 hours last night. I suck! LOL!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We have maxed out the main thread(Yay!) The part 2 is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303584-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Okay ... Sunday Fun Day had me busy! LOL! Seems we all were busy and I hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

Sleep ~ Didn't quite make it with only 6 hours of sleep Saturday into Sunday. :-/
    Cardio ~ Done
    Strenght ~ Done

Monday is the start of a new week! TOM has backed his bags and I'm looking forward to Weigh-in Wednesday! :D I already snuck in a peak of the scale and I'm happy with what I saw! Should I go a head and log it now or wait? LOL!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies, long week-end!!so,
    Friday~ Cardio, done
    Strength, done
    Kitchen, 7:30
    Sleep, done
    Saturday~ Cardio, done
    Strength, done
    Kitchen, 8:00pm
    Sleep, done
    Sunday~ Cardio, done
    strength, rest
    Kitchen, 8pm
    Sleep, done
  • circusmom
    Options
    Okay team we need to vote on a recipe to put on the main page, so if you haven't posted one, please do so, and then we can vote.
  • Purplefly
    Options
    Hi girls I intended to share a cobbler recipe but I didnt like how it turned out so here is something simple instead, I make these when Im in a hurry for lunch, add some fruit on the side and your good to go.

Simple Wrap
    La Tortilla Factory (50 Calories)- Netcarbs - Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortilla Net Wt 13oz, 1 Tortilla

the Laughing Cow - Light Creamy Swiss, 1 wedge just smear it on the tortilla

Dietz and Watson - Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast, 2 slices place in middle of tortilla

Fresh Express - Iceberg Garden Salad Mix 1/2 cup sprinkle on top of everything

Roll it up and enjoy 150 Calories
  • Purplefly
    Options
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

I never had issues with my weight until after I started having children, so after it started becoming a struggle for me I would sometimes get "helpfull comments" that would just annoy me and make me feel worse about myself than I already did. All of my cousins are thin so when they visit I would feel self conscious when we would go to the beach or out to dinner. So initially my handing of things was avoidance, the wrong remedy of course. Now that I am working on being a healthier person I feel much better emotionally and take things on instead of avoiding them.

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Done
  • Momof2gurls
    Options
    It's been a tough weekend. This was the first anniversary of my MIL's death this past Saturday. She was taken by cancer way too young and my DH is an only child, so it's been very hard on him. We celebrated her life with a family bbq at our house on Saturday. And yesterday my FIL just came to spend time with the kids and enjoy our pool. He's going through a rough time too. So, needless to say my exercise and food tracking have suffered. Hope to get back into the swing of things. I feel really bloated and just not myself from eating junky food over the past few days. I just need to get back on track.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Okay (again I'm sorry about last week) here's my catching up for this week (7/27/ - 8/3)....or would it be easier just to put a total on Tuesday for the whole week? I just want to make it easier :p

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3): Cardio: Day 1 ~ 7/28 walking/jogging with my DD (40mins)

Strength: 5 sets of 5 pushups done for 7/29/11 = 1 day

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets ***my kids LOVE these chicken nuggets!!***
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets •

Calories: 164.9
    Fat: 4.6 g
    Protein: 22.1 g
    Carb: 7.7 g
    Fiber: 0.9 g
    Sugar: 0.1 g

* 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    * salt and pepper to taste
    * 2 tsp olive oil
    * 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    * 2 tbsp panko
    * 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    * olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken. Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.

How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family? My struggles is kind of weird how I see it. Everyone sees me as fit and thin and my husband says I'm no where near how "fat" I think I am (or feel). I'm almost 5 foot 10 and I can hide it very well, so I do look thin(ish). My struggle is that my daughter is a little over weight too. I never obsess or say anything about how I look in front of her and always try to teach healthy habits (eating, exercising, good choices) but am hypocritic at the same time because I tend to binge at times. It's a struggle to me because everyone sees me as how I'm not and I see me as how I feel and I don't like feeling like this. I only have a few pair of clothes that I wear but can hide it. I don't want my daughter to think she is fat or overweight but just want her to be healthy. So it's a struggle because I'm not consistent with myself and struggle with being hypocritical with my family (in secrecy). I want to show good habits and participate in good habits, just not have them do it themselves. It's very challenging at times.

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3): have gotten at least 7.5 hours of sleep 7/27 and 7/28. Check!!

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

P.S. Do we just post our stuff/challenges/victories on here for the red team or also in the main thread? The main thread is HUMONGOUS and just wanna make sure lol.
    On here, so I can find it and track our progress.
  • young9
    Options
    hopped on my scale and it has went down since last wed but i'm not going to post an update until this wed. just in case it fluctuates! i didn't track my calories yesterday but i'm back at it today!
  • beckyard
    Options
    monday cardio done, strength done, jacks done :D Yay!
  • young9
    Options
    everything done for the day and way below my calorie intake. i may have a small scoop of ice cream!