Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    9/17 Sunday JFT:

Homework & Studying
    Budget meeting
    Jog on elliptical
    Small grocery trip
    Small nap
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 9:30 pm

Keep it simple and stay focused without stressing :D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Have to play catch up (again)....

Recap F 9/15 = 3 hours of mandatory in-house training 12:30 - 3:30 so eating lunch at desk. At least I get to leave work at 3:30 :D and it's another glorious day in Green Bay! B)
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work = happy me & dog :D
    2) Keep focused on project in a.m. = did pretty well, ready for stage 3 of testing :D
    3) After work: wash 2 windows instead, washed sills of 6 windows - how do they get so dirty???, deadhead roses = done, read Sun. ads = done, nothing we really need to get, wash dishes = done, hang up clothes on office chair = done. Busy Friday! :smiley:
    4) Unwind 10:00 / bedtime not too late, busy Sat., farmers market early & walk dog before SIL & BIL arrive = done

Sat. did not go as planned. I went to farmers market early & walked dog 3.43 miles, on beautiful morning. B) While we were walking, hubby got call from his sister, and they decided to do something else & not come down for visit. Ok, now I could get some windows washed before choir sings at 5:00 service. 2 windows in bedroom went fine. Then I did larger window in dining room...first, I cracked the glass in the removable piece, and now we have to repair that. Then I struggled again with tilted sashes (big, cumbersome & heavy), asked hubby for help and somehow we managed to break something that holds sash up. It was hot (85F) and humid (DP67), which I do not like, and I was furious with myself. >:) Good thing hubby is very good at MacGyvering. So after church we went to Home Depot for a part. Then b/c it was so late and I was starving, instead of making dinner at home, we went to Denny's. End of windows for the day. At least my net calories were w/i 100 of green. :|

JFT Sunday 9/17
    1) Slept in for a change = felt so good! Hubby still sleeping. :smiley:
    2) Do NOT stress about the window...it will be fixed and it will be fine
    3) Net calories green
    4) Bedtime & TV off 11:00, hopefully Packers game is over by 10:30
  • cschmitz110515
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    September Goal: Get below and stay below 170#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Saturday:
    1. Planned cheat day! I have a free VIP ticket to a Latin brew/food/music fest in the city, so I am going to have a cidra and an empanada and enjoy :) did not actually eat much...empanadas were tiny and expensive
    2. 60 minutes Zumba :smile:
    3. walk :) 13,191 steps
    4. dance a bit :)

Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 75G carbs
    3. under 1400 calories
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+C water
    6. pre-track food for the day
    7. keep working on trying to get better sleep
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So yesterday my whole world fell apart. My FIL was hospitalized while we were out of town (of course it had to happen on the only day in the whole 2 weeks we were to be away from him!!!)

It's a very long and complex story but in a nut shell... We had no way to get back to town to be with him and my poor MIL (who went 12 hours in emergency room without food) so I lost it. I got angry and then very sad. I cried and cried more than I think I ever have in my life. I was so emotional and upset that I made myself extremely ill. (But as soon as I could keep something in my system I made up for the loss of food and ate crap). My husband and I also didn't sleep a wink.

Today we were back and forth to the hospital and so I ate whatever was available for easy to make. Couldn't afford to be picky. So bread, rice, snack foods, etc. My FIL is doing ok physically now, but mentally this is torture for him. Hospitals are his WORST nightmare (the disease makes him paranoid and afraid of certain things). It's hard to stay cosy at home with my poor MIL who is EXHAUSTED and not think about how he's there living in his own personal hell.

I keep praying for peace and strength. It's the only thing that keeps me going right now. Prayer and venting to a couple of my close loved ones back in Canada.

I've not had time to read anyone else's posts. I'll try to catch up another day. I hope you all are well.

I posted the last 2 days of goals anyway.

Day 24 (Sept 16) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅
    3. Stay calm and patient❌
    4. Log Everything✅
    5. Have a RELAXED day❌
    6. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals❌

Day 25 (Sept 17) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅
    3. Stay calm and patient✅
    4. Log Everything✅
    5. Have a RELAXED day✅

Day 26 (Sept 18) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs
    2. Exercise a bit
    3. Stay calm and patient
    4. Log Everything
    5. Have a RELAXED day
    6. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 I am so sorry that you have to go through this, and that your FIL has to go through it. It must be so heartwrenching watching it all as a spectator and not being able to do anything about it. Just know that you and your whole family is in my prayers!

So anyone who has read my posts for any length of time knows that I love my husband to the moon and back, more than anyone else on this earth. But my goodness is he in a *kitten* mood today! And his negativity is bringing me down and my mood is starting to slip. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around him today. I've been having such a great day but I got him sick and now he's just being treacherous! So I am going to go get my headphones, and spend some time meditating and praying and not allow him to sink me into a depression! I cant let his foul mood hurt my emotional state! I think that that is something I am learning through the process of healing my mental state!

Sorry for the vent! I just needed to get that out of me somewhere safe that no one knows either of us. Lol.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    So yesterday my whole world fell apart. My FIL was hospitalized while we were out of town (of course it had to happen on the only day in the whole 2 weeks we were to be away from him!!!)

It's a very long and complex story but in a nut shell... We had no way to get back to town to be with him and my poor MIL (who went 12 hours in emergency room without food) so I lost it. I got angry and then very sad. I cried and cried more than I think I ever have in my life. I was so emotional and upset that I made myself extremely ill. (But as soon as I could keep something in my system I made up for the loss of food and ate crap). My husband and I also didn't sleep a wink.

Today we were back and forth to the hospital and so I ate whatever was available for easy to make. Couldn't afford to be picky. So bread, rice, snack foods, etc. My FIL is doing ok physically now, but mentally this is torture for him. Hospitals are his WORST nightmare (the disease makes him paranoid and afraid of certain things). It's hard to stay cosy at home with my poor MIL who is EXHAUSTED and not think about how he's there living in his own personal hell.

I keep praying for peace and strength. It's the only thing that keeps me going right now. Prayer and venting to a couple of my close loved ones back in Canada.

I've not had time to read anyone else's posts. I'll try to catch up another day. I hope you all are well.

I posted the last 2 days of goals anyway.

Day 24 (Sept 16) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅
    3. Stay calm and patient❌
    4. Log Everything✅
    5. Have a RELAXED day❌

Day 25 (Sept 17) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅
    3. Stay calm and patient✅
    4. Log Everything✅
    5. Have a RELAXED day✅

Day 26 (Sept 18) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs
    2. Exercise a bit
    3. Stay calm and patient
    4. Log Everything
    5. Have a RELAXED day
    6. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals

I’m so sorry you’re going through what you’re going through as a family.
    And your poor MIL having to wait 12 hours like that, no wonder you lost it.
    I have no experience whatsoever with the condition your fil has but you bring there, being a shoulder to cry on when they need it is all they’re going to need right now and I know it’s hard when you would do anything to take the pain away

If I’m honest, I’m astounded you’re keeping to any of your goals at all! You really are inspiring. I have nothing like this going on and can’t even achieve one! You should be proud of what you are achieving and how you are managing this extremely stressful time. Just hang in there!
    Stay strong!

You’re in my thoughts x
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 So very, very sorry for you and hubby's family. Hugs to you and keeping you all in my prayers. I think your jft goals are amazing under the circumstances.

@HGSmith0920 Go ahead and vent to us, this is the perfect place. Hope the mood improves!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    JFT, 9/17/17

1. Go to church(either service, doesn't matter...just go!) :)Went, had a great time! Couldn't get the DH out of bed because he was really sick. Lol
    2. Make Everything Chicken(I've been putting this off for days!) :)Finally did this! Made yummy wraps for dinner and have more than enough to last us a while
    3. Do an easy yoga/stretching video :)Did this as well and boy did it feel good!
    4. Weekly Weigh-in :):/168.6 Definitely going the wrong direction but after a week of indulgences due to illness it's no wonder I put on some water weight. Hopefully, it's back down next week
    5. Spend some time on the couch watching some hockey(Preseason but still...HOCKEY!!!!!) :(Watched about ten minutes of intermission during dinner but the DH has been playing his game all day(the one he gets mad at all the time...go figure)
    6. Bed whenever I want(though probably early Lol) :)9:30 on the nose. Gonna post my goals and hit the hay. Lol

Had a chat with the DH...well mostly I talked and he looked sad and nodded. I told him that his random outbursts of temper are messing with my mood(sinking me into sadness and depression...exactly what I'm trying to get out of!), making me frustrated and uncomfortable in my own house. I should not have to walk around on eggshells because I'm afraid of pissing someone off in my own house. That is not what a healthy marriage is based on. He got really frustrated with me and raised his voice at me a few times today because I was having trouble understanding things he was telling me. Sometimes he'll explain something to me in the most roundabout, non-concise ways that I won't understand easily and when I ask a bunch of questions to try and clarify what he's saying to me he gets angry. It's just how my brain works. It drives me crazy. He's known this is how my brain works for 5 years now but for some reason, today was just the day that it supremely pissed him off. But I gave him a list of options and told him to pick one. I'm gonna give him two days. If things haven't improved or he hasn't made a decision and acted on it, I'm gonna have to call in some outside help I think. I will not live my life upset because of his totally random outbursts. ( @Bex953172 I dont know how you do it...but I know I cant. Lol) So now he's pretty calm and playing with his friends, and I'm getting ready for bed.

JFT, 9/18/17

1. Get back onto the IF train, nothing but tea and water until 12 pm
    2. Check and begin working on challenges for the week
    3. Log all food
    4. Do some kind of exercise
    5. Quiet time(Bible, meditate pray[I found my new favorite place to meditate and pray! The hammock in my parent's backyard! Lol)
    6. Pick up groceries
    7. Finish "Combo" project at work
    8. Make new yummy recipe for dinner
    9. Bed by 10:30
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT STAY MOTIVATED. I don't know why this happens to me. I am sick of being overweight and i am sick of cheating on diets. I hope reporting on this forun helps me.
    Do weekly or daily commitments work best? Please let me know.
    Committments for this week Monday- Friday
    1. Go grocery shopping
    2. Prepare 2 meals that will be ready when I get home from work.
    3. Cut up fruits and vegs and put in baggies
    4. Do not get up from bed to eat
    5. Try a new healthy recipe
    6. Buy small birthday cake for husb. Just big enough for one piece each.
    7. Find a good snack food
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    I CANNOT STAY MOTIVATED. I don't know why this happens to me. I am sick of being overweight and i am sick of cheating on diets. I hope reporting on this forun helps me.
    1. Go grocery shopping

Welcome!! I think most find that if you post everyday, it does help to have that accountability. But whatever you find works the best for you. I'm just coming back from a horrible week myself, of just eating whatever what is sight, and actually going to the store just to buy myself some candy or ice cream this weekend. Its like I really didn't care. I've had a death in the family, and using this as my excuse to overeat. So many times this weekend I thought of just giving up. But, I know if I do that, I'll regain all that I've lost, and more.
    So I am also trying to get back on track again.
    You will love this thread though -- lots of wonderful "friends" for inspiration, and encouragement!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Didn't manage to get online yesterday so here are Saturday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks :/ Boyfriend and I decided to make a cake. We've been watching the Great British Bake Off and I really wanted to give something a go - I never bake normally (mainly because of the calories). So, I ate cake
    - Be in the green with 200 deficit :'( Cake turned out to have a LOT of calories! Well, it's all gone now.... and I won't make another one for a few weeks (will try to make a lighter one next time and also freeze half of it if possible)
    - Meditate :/ Didn't get round to it
    - Make decision about holiday :smile: Yes! We've picked a week in November to go. Now need to pick a destination!
    - Be nice to boyfriend! :neutral: I was in a bit of a grump on Saturday. I'm not sure my Pill is agreeing with me. Though it could be that other factors are getting me down. Need to keep an eye on it

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita - if hungry
    - Be in the green
    - Select healthy dinner from pub website menu beforehand. If there is nothing healthy, have a light ready meal before leave work instead
    - G&T only
    - One water for every alcoholic drink

- 60 minute lunch break
    - Meditate at lunch
    - Also use lunch break to plan what to say at afternoon meeting
    - Be productive - no procrastinating
    - Listen to music to boost mood
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @dlm4mom Welcome! Hopefully we can help you get motivated. Most people on here set daily goals - the point is that you just think about that day and focus on that. That is quite motivating as you just have to think about the (relatively) small steps you can take that day - not the big task of getting to your goal weight, which can be daunting.

But adding in some weekly goals on top of the daily goals may be beneficial too. I try to make sure my average calories over the week is within my limit. That means that going over on an individual day is not a huge issue, if it can be made up for across the rest of the week. Weekly exercise targets can be good too.

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, you're very welcome, and we'll all support you with it!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    So not sure what’s going on with me, I keep throwing up in the middle Of the night which is unusual for me.
    Not much nausea but I think it’s something I’m eating, and I want to say its popcorn but I’m not sure. And if you’ve ever thrown up undigested popcorn then it is the most unpleasant thing ever!

It’s 11am and not managed food yet, stomachs very sore :(
    Gonna weigh myself when I get in, see where I’m
    Up to on that

Hope you all have a good day x
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Have a good week--Monday :)
    CSCHMITZ-169.5 yes! I have put my ring on but then I think I might swell at night so take it off again. I want to be 165ish for the birthday but that seems not likely. Still I have reached 160 something by birthday and I am so pleased!
    Today, I will:
    think and breathe calories!
    exercise with more thought to burning fat and less about is it 30 minutes yet
    get all of son's lessons/meetings done
    fold and put away laundry, get dishes done, take out trash and hose/wash stinking dog.
    We have been invited to go to a MIA/POW ceremony tomorrow evening. Not sure what to wear-nice suit, skirt? I think jeans and one of the t-shirts my husband bought for boy (Navy Seal) but I need to get that out and organized. The shirts will soon be too small but my son still knows these are shirts Dad bought for him. I have a navy pants suit with a deep red tank and a lovely scarf I bought in 2001 (9-11). I guess I should call the wife and ask her as I could be over-thinking.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    1. Go grocery shopping

I think you'll grow to enjoy reading the posts. I definitely feel like I've found my "tribe" here at JFT. Everyone here is so supportive. If I could offer any suggestions on what has worked for me it would be to use the MFP food tracker & track in advance if you can, set small goals (I can't even focus on my final goal of 150lbs which is 50lbs away-too overwhelming for me). I also seek out positive inspiration every day to keep me going in the right direction. You've already got some great daily goals for yourself. The choices we make should be sustainable. Remind yourself daily "WHY" your goals are so important to you.

Best wishes to you on your journey :smiley:

• Saragirl2
    Options

Walking dog for 30 mins in neighborhood, no hills but good distance. I believe she's taken an allergic reaction to her recent Kennel cough vaccination-covered in hives! Calling vet this am. Luckily the kids & DH are healthy.
    Pretracked most food on MFP but need to sort out supper (maybe chicken enchilada casserole).
    Revise to do list.
    Use timer if needed to stay on task.
    Reduce stress by continuing w/planning & organizing volunteer commitments.
    Doing weights today/listen to podcast.
    Keep up with 9 cups of water.
    Meditate w/calm app for 25 mins.
    I've challenged my family that we go a full week w/o take out/restaurant....the youngest will cave first :smile:
    Early bedtime-try for 10pm.
    Our church picnic was one of the best! My Sunday School class had so much fun.
    Remind myself-Preplanning can reduce stress.
    I rewarded myself with a new desk & even assembled it myself!

Have a great start of the week.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    PrincessAly23- so sorry about your FIL. Hoping he's doing better and will be able to return home where he's comfortable. Prayers to you & your family.

HGSmith0920-I love your new profile pic! Reminds me of a phrase I ask myself "Are you a liability or a commodity?"

For all of us who are struggling, I hope you find strength & inspiration in your day. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @dlm4mom This JFT thread is wonderful support! I started in early January, and I have gotten so much from this group. Through this thread, I managed to alter habits and now I
    • log all my meals and snacks...well, almost all, sometimes I have to guestimate, or just give myself a day off from logging
    • walk dog 5X per week, just by starting with 2 or 3 days per week
    • floss my teeth most nights before bed
    • use the Calm app to practice mindful breathing (thanks @Saragirl2)

Those are just some of the benefits. And since joining this thread, I have lost 23# and inches off my butt and thighs.

Edited to Add: I've tried to add or change one simple thing at a time in my life. That way, not so overwhelming. It works!