Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    7/13 Thursday JFT:

Attend class
    Laundry
    Physics HW and online HW
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    5:30 - 7:30 pm Jiu Jitsu
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Time to reevaluate my goals...
    For today though
    Walk the dogs 30 mins
    Meditate with new app Calm
    Pretrack all meals/snacks.
    Reduce sodium.

So busy w/kids at home.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/12 W -> Thunderstorms arrived early in the morning as forecasted & I didn't need alarm clock. Kitty sure was jumpy. No dog walk today. :/
    1) Bakery birthday cake in the office today: marble (not my fav) and whipped icing (I dislike). Not worth the calories IMHO. Say no politely to cake when we gather this morning. = Success! I resisted the siren song of sugar. And no one made an issue of it. :smiley:
    2) Meditate in afternoon w/ door shut completely. :smiley:
    3) After work, happy hour (drinks and food) with former colleagues & friends. Preview menu online, select something that might be on the healthy side (nothing fried!), and stick with choice. Enjoy one beer or wine while visiting. :s I preselected food and stuck w/ choices. Alcohol, however, not exactly. Ordered one wine, and then another since it was double bubble. I did knock the 2nd glass over w/ < 1/2 left while talking w/ my hands. As my friend pointed out I do more when drinking. So technically I did not have 2 glasses of wine. :p
    4) Try to get something done around house this evening. Check on Fitbit syncing, seems to be skipping again. :s Had absolutely no ambition left when I got home. At least I prepped dinner for the crockpot for next a.m.
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:15 = I think so :D

JFT 7/13 R
    1) Put Yankee pot roast in crockpot, then walked dog 3.09 miles before work in 70F, humid & mist = dog happy anyways :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in green, seriously!
    3) Meditate in afternoon (shut door completely)
    4) Evening, complete > 4 items on to-do list
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Still need to catch up on everyone's doings ...

JFT 07-12-2017 - same stuff different day
    :) Bed by 11:00 OK - like 11:05 but that is only cause the well went out and I had to go clean the switches.
    :) 10K Steps 12,825 yeah baby
    :) Stay Green on calories even eating frozen yogurt. Thank you exercise calories and vegetables
    :| Track Water Intake I was a little short
    :| CS Terminal leave in progress
    :/ One freaking load of laundry - just ONE - got home too late from work.
    :/ Answer Resume team's questions see laundry above
    :) 5 fruit and veg did this! Been a few weeks since I make the freg mark. Made an awesome beef stir fry last night.

Today will be impossible. Any updates to the main finance system are down and IT is on day two of working on the issue with the vendor. I seriously cannot believe the IT people went home last night at the normal time. Who are these people! It is fiscal year end! Why isn't my director havning a cow. I was so frustrated I hit the chocolate bowls. Stayed in the green, but still. Today I must stay in my office so I do not go to IT and make frowney faces. If I were still PR Mgr I would be over there having a cow. Why did I take the job change? That's why I am looking for a new job.

JFT 07-13-2017 - SSDD
    • Bed by 11:00
    • 10K Steps
    • Stay Green on calories
    • Track Water Intake
    • CS Terminal leave
    • Do not kill anyone at work
    • 5 fruit and veg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    Goals for Friday (yes you read that right, I’m posting goals!)

Walk the dog
    Be within my calories
    Try not to eat so many carbs!

I would start today but it’s Marley’s first birthday and no way she could eat all that cake :wink:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 happy birthday Marley!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Walk the dog
    Be within my calories

I would start today but it’s Marley’s first birthday and no way she could eat all that cake :wink:

Happy birthday to Marley! My, you are going to be busy with another one on the way!! Keep walking that dog - they say the exercise makes labor easier! Nice to see you back on here!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    JFT,7/13
    Did 2 -45 mins water aerobics classes .
    It's another humid day so I just staying cool.
    Will sautee chicken and shrimps to go with my spring mix for the next 2 days.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Walk the dog
    Be within my calories

Happy birthday to Marley! My, you are going to be busy with another one on the way!! Keep walking that dog - they say the exercise makes labor easier! Nice to see you back on here!

:sweat_smile: when is labour EVER easy! I’ve done it 3 times and they’ve all been hell! Although kinda fast!

I DO need to do pelvic floor exercises, this is my 4th pregnancy and I fear I will never be able to hold a wee in again if I don’t do them!!!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/13 Thursday JFT:

Attend class✔
    Laundry✔
    Physics HW and online HW ✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌
    5:30 - 7:30 pm Jiu Jitsu❌
    Dinner by 8 pm❌
    Bedtime by 10 pm✔

Did not feel we'll today. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/14 Friday JFT:

Woke up at 5:20 am to get a good start for the day! (This semester I have to leave the house around 7 am to make it to class by 8 am.)
    Attend class
    Physics HW and online HW
    Tutoring
    Laundry
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Complete Online Physics HW before bed
    Bedtime by 11 pm
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Friday! I've been MIA this week. Working 15-hour days and exhausted. No time to even really hop on and post. I did read up to the end of page 88 so will try to catch up more later. I really have let my health go to the wayside since I returned to work. Not good. So, I need to go into the weekend with some goals.

JFT (Friday, 7/14)
    1. Log EVERY bite
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Drink half my weight in water
    4. Remember to breathe and stretch every 30-60 minutes
    5. Take a real lunch break today. Leave the building.
    6. Try to be a positive influence in an office full of stress
    7. Take 3 moments today to refresh each of my body, mind and spirit
    8. Take 15 minutes this morning to prioritize. Pick top 3 for today.
    9. No work tonight. Come home at decent hour and do not log on.
    10. Take the time to stop and be grateful throughout the day that I have a good job with good benefits. I am blessed.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! I hope to catch up with you all later. Looks like you are all doing great! Keep it up!

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    What a day! Up til 3am with oldest in ER b/c of allergic reaction to plaster?? He's fine now. Off to doctor's office for youngest with ear infection. Woke up this am to an extremely strong smell of sulfur (my husband plunging our shower w/drain cleaner). I took the dogs out & you could smell it outside!

All that being said....I will not binge :smile: Given the am, the rest of the day will be awesome!

Drink water - 9 cups.
    Walk dogs 30 mins.
    Meditate-calm app (it's pretty neat, very user friendly)
    Plan healthy salad & dessert for block party.
    Finish painting mudroom.

Have a great day everyone!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Recap 7/13 R
    1) Put Yankee pot roast in crockpot, then walked dog 3.09 miles before work in 70F, humid & mist = dog happy anyways :smiley: I prelogged pot roast / veggie portions and stuck w/. Dinner was delicious! :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in green, seriously! :smiley: Success finally! First time in a week - ack! :#
    3) Meditate in afternoon (shut door completely) = done...try Calm app when get new phone. Thanks for the recommendation @Saragirl2 :smiley:
    4) Evening, complete > 4 items on to-do list = List kept growing & growing! 6 items done, including synced Fitbit & updating financials for 3 weeks. :smiley:
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = See #4. Bedtime more like 11:00. :s

JFT 7/14 F - Another cloudy, cool, humid a.m. I am so sick of this weather (sorry for the whine). Sometimes I let weather control what I do. That, plus late bedtime = no dog walk before work today. Maybe this evening.
    1) Keep net calories in the green...going for 2 days in a row :wink:
    2) Read thru week's sales ads & shop if necessary
    3) Meditate
    4) Prep bday card and bday / belated grad gifts for nieces (take w/ on Sat.)
    5) Prep dessert for Sat.

Middle brother is having his annual summer party Sat. This year's theme is When Pigs Fly...it's a pig roast and side dishes prepared by him and his friend John the chef. Yum! My MFP logging streak is at 138 days - whoa, how did that happen? I used to not log on weekends! Hubby and I will be driving 3 hrs round trip. I think I'm going to break logging streak tomorrow and give myself a day off. Eat whatever looks great, in moderation. Drink adult beverages - brother always comes up w/ something new to try. Good thing hubby is my designated driver.

Happy Friday to all!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Could do with all your help really
    Since getting pregnant i feel like I’ve lost sight of my goals. Well not lost sight. But I feel they aren’t suitable anymore. Which is a bit sad because I was so focused on them

In my position, what new goals would you set your eyes on?
    I just really don’t know what I want to achieve at this moment in time!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Since getting pregnant i feel like I’ve lost sight of my goals. Well not lost sight. But I feel they aren’t suitable anymore. Which is a bit sad because I was so focused on them

With you being pregnant, I think your goals should be just to concentrate on healthy eating and exercising. Don't even look at the scale - because you know you have a little life growing there. I think I ate my healthiest when I was pregnant, and also the exercise will help you. You have new goals now -- having a healthy baby!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Realizing that for the past 2 days I have not posted my goals. Since the day is almost over, I'll keep my goals simple
    1. log all food
    2. no snacking tonite, other than celery and/or carrot sticks
    3. concentrate on water
    4. work in the yard if the temps go down any (it is like 100 degrees, and 90% humidity outside!)

• PackerFanInGB
    Options

Hello my sweet little Bex! I will have to think about some new goals for this time...besides eating healthy and trying to stay active. Is there anything you want to make into a habit that you could focus on? Anything you always wanted to learn how to do? I'll think on it...

I wanted to let you know also, I have been thinking of you and am always happy to see a post from you. :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT (Friday, 7/14)
    1. Log EVERY bite :)
    2. Stay in the green :)
    3. Drink half my weight in water :s
    4. Remember to breathe and stretch every 30-60 minutes :)
    5. Take a real lunch break today. Leave the building. :s
    6. Try to be a positive influence in an office full of stress ;)
    7. Take 3 moments today to refresh each of my body, mind and spirit :s
    8. Take 15 minutes this morning to prioritize. Pick top 3 for today. :/ I tried but was interrupted with pop-up meetings all day long.
    9. No work tonight. Come home at decent hour and do not log on. :)
    10. Take the time to stop and be grateful throughout the day that I have a good job with good benefits. I am blessed. :)

Well, I already failed at one of my goals! I had my alarm set to get up early and go to Farmers Market for the first time this year. Turned off alarm and slept until 8:30. Dang...

JFT (Saturday):
    1. Get up early and go to Farmer's Market by 7:30. :( already missed this one.
    2. Take at least 4 hours today to do something I want to do.
    3. Try not to work after 7pm tonight.
    4. Stay in the green
    5. Log every bite I put in my mouth
    6. Hydrate at least half my weight in water
    7. Meal plan
    8. Try to stop thinking about work; reroute my thoughts to something pleasant
    9. Watch a movie and have a nice evening with my husband.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Sherry-an-mt: "Well MFP says I burned 300+ calories and automatically puts it in my feed....and someone I know in real life who uses mfp to log fitness MOCKED it....they said "lol, were you pushing the cart" It really had upset me. I am a big girl...I was out in 90 degree heat playing the game i love. MFP is the one that says how many calories i burned....even if I was driving a golf cart. (I even went out on the internet and double checked the calorie burn for golfing 9 holes using and motorized golf cart)
    Don't let insensitive comments like these bother you; they aren't worth your time and worry. Even if the person is a good friend, some persons are just somewhat sarcastic; I think that those of us who are more sensitive, take it more seriously than the remark was intended. You did your fact-checking--let it go. I had a similar experience last weekend, and it took several days for me to process the comment and to realize it wasn't worth the anxiety. It did help to talk it over with another friend. Is there a way to make your exercise entries private?