Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    JFT,6/28
    Check weight
    Do laundry.
    Purchase cordless drill at HD. Did research for purchase.
    Do 30 mins on the elliptical
    Take 2 water aerobics classes.
    Take afternoon nap. Always very important.
    Prepare meals for the next 4 days

Completed everything as planned except preparing meals. My afternoon nap extended itself to 2 hrs so when I woke up at 4.30 pm , I was not it in mood to be in the kitchen.
    6/23 weight 199.9lbs.
    6/28 weight 197.8lbs.
    22.8 lbs from my goal weight.

Today's weight 195.3 lbs. Woohoo! That's a loss of 2.5 lbs which brings me to 20.3 lbs from my goal weight .This loss is going to give me more incentive to achieve my goal by October.

JFT,7/9
    Early morning walk in the park x 60 mins before it gets too hot.
    After having rained for a few days this week, there are so many weeds in my flower garden so I did some gardening for another 60 mins.
    Will prepare meals for the next 2 days
    Relax and enjoy the evening with my family.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So onto my goals for the day!

1. Log all that I eat! :)
    2. Stay in green :)
    3. Finish Harry Potter challenge :)
    4. Clean up the front yard :/
    5. Clean the bathroom :/
    6. Do laundry :)That reminds me, I have to go get the last load from Mom's house. Lol
    7. See if we can go to dinner at Mom's :)Had a lovely summer dinner with mom and the DH
    8. Wind down by 9:30Probably waay before
    9. Bed by 10:30See above

Had a great day of doing nothing! I finished my Harry Potter workouts and had dinner with my DH and my Mom since Dad is gone for the week at Boy Scout Camp. I've found that I have been spending more and more time with her and enjoying it immensely. We had a very rough relationship through my adolescence and into my young adult years. It wasn't until I was 24 and was completely humbled by living on my own for a year that our entire relationship changed...well that and a course that we both took through our church. We have never had as strong as a mother-daughter relationship as we have now. I can now truthfully say that my Mom is one of my best friends!

Have work tomorrow but I lost my schedule so I have no idea what time. I'm gonna have to get up super early and call and find out. I'm pretty sure I'm not opening so that is good. I think it's like 10:30 or something. So I guess we will see! I'm actually excited to see how I fit in my work pants in the morning. They are usually a good measure how many inches I have lost.

So onto my goals for tomorrow since it is almost bed time!
    Just For Today 7/10/17

1. Log all that I eat
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Dont eat before 12pm
    4. Do some stretching
    5. Check out this upcoming week's Harry Potter Challenge
    6. Keep drawer balanced
    7. Do dishes
    8. Clean bathroom
    9. Make yummy dinner
    10. Wind down by 10pm
    11. Bed by 11pm
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Today's weight 195.3 lbs. Woohoo! That's a loss of 2.5 lbs which brings me to 20.3 lbs from my goal weight .This loss is going to give me more incentive to achieve my goal by October.

Congratulations on a great weight loss!! Our numbers are very close to the same, and our goals are also the same. I would love to meet my goal by October also, but not sure if I can make that!! But .... lets hope we both can meet that goal! My goal is to be there by December, which for me is 4 lbs a month. You are doing great though!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/9 Sunday JFT:

Slept in until 8:30 am :D
    Enjoyed breakfast with the family ✔
    Relaxed all morning ✔

Now it's mid-day so it's time to get productive!

Clean house✔➡️deep clean tomorrow
    Laundry✔
    Grocery Inventory ✔
    Plan meals✔
    Grocery List✔
    Grocery Shop✔
    Yoga for 45 min.❌
    Organize office and prep for new semester✔
    Dinner by 7pm❌
    Bedtime by 10pm❌

Played chess with my son at Starbucks✔
    Came home and enjoyed a Dos Equis with my husband ;)

Tomorrow is the day to get back in productive mode :D
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I need to catch up. In the meantime here is my JFT

JFT 07-10-17
    • Bed by 11:00
    • 10K Steps
    • Stay Green on calories
    • Track Water Intake
    • Continue to reconcile liabilities for YE
    • One load of Laundry
    • C25K Day

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/8 Sat.
    1) Farmers market at 8:15, not so busy this week. Got wonderful produce, wild salmon, and lamb shanks for upcoming week. Now I just have to plan the meals. Something that I struggle with too, @joan6630.
    2) Walked dog 3.58 miles and got doggie treat at Al's house = happy dog B)
    3) Did some weeding in the front landscaping rocks...have I mentioned I hate weeding rocks? Who did this landscaping, anyway? Not me. :smile:
    4) Get off computer, scrub up, and spend time with hubby B) Hubby and I drove to the beach / boardwalk on Lake Michigan and enjoyed the afternoon together. Back at home, we had a terrific dinner of salmon with mustard & dill sauce, steamed asparagus, pasta salad, banana strawberry smoothies, and the last of the Red White & Blue Trifle. :smiley:
    5) Prep for blood spot test first thing tomorrow a.m. Forgot. :(

Sunday 7/9 quick recap
    1) Walked dog 3.39 miles after church, heat & humidity building up = happy dog B)
    2) Little more weeding done, and de-pooped the back yard :smile:
    3) Hubby mowed the lawn, I washed the dishes piled up & brewed tea for my iced tea jug :smile:
    4) Prepped blood spot test, ready for first thing M a.m. :smile:

JFT 7/10 M
    1) Performed blood spot test, need to prep for shipping and drop off package
    2) Walked dog 2.34 miles, sticky!
    3) Keep net calories in the green...this has been an issue last couple of days
    4) Meditate in afternoon (shut door completely)
    5) Unwind 9:00 / bed & TV off 10:15
  • cschmitz110515
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories, sometimes too much. Sweets, especially chocolate, are my downfall. I weigh myself daily and log weekly; posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in.

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    UGW: 140
    July Goal: lose 3 - 4# and stay < 174

5/31 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Weigh-in: 184 :(

I'm embarrassed to say, I'm up 4 lbs but that's what happens when I stress out, load down on carbs and caffeine during final exam time. Well, I secured a "B" average in Physics I (calculus based). Which is alright. I totally stressed out and froze the first part of the summer semester and that cost me my "A" average. Now I have myself in gear so I am setting my goal for an "A" average in my Physics II class this next Summer Semester (which starts tomorrow) so I'm accepting the challenge!!! I WILL lose weight AND get an "A" in my class this semester!! It won't be easy but things that are worth it never are :D Fore-warning, I might post another "break-down" during this month as well, LOL!! Hopefully my husband doesn't surprise me with any trips this time ;) Moving on:

7/10 Monday JFT:

Light breakfast
    Pay bills
    Manage house cleaning
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Yoga for 40 min.
    Cook breakfast tacos for the week
    Cook two days worth of homemade chicken enchiladas and freeze one day worth.
    5:30-7:30 Jiu Jitsu
    Prep backpack for class tomorrow (new schedule, classes at 8am this semester)
    Bedtime by 10:30pm

To quote my Ratatouille friend, "Let's Do This!!" :D

• mytime6630
    Options
    Sunday
    1. log all food :/ I did good all day, until I went to Sams. Bought some "healthy" nut snacks. Well, after eating a bunch, looked at the calories. 150 calories for just FIVE pieces!! I think I ate like 15 pieces. But .... went to the gym this morning, and 70 minutes done on the ellipitical! :)
    2. sip on water all day :)
    3. find low carb, high protein entrees to make :/ Need to get this done!
    4. plan meals :/
    5. work on new quilt for my friend :)
    6. finish up quilt for other friend who is visiting in the fall :)
    7. rest day :) A fun day. Sewed almost all day, other than running a few errands.

JFT, Monday
    1. call attorney. Our daughter is being sued for $3000 because she left the water on -- ran into the downstairs apartment :/
    2. log all food
    3. go to the gym. :) Already done!
    4. hot outside, so maybe zumba tonite
    5. do some sewing
    6. look for low protein meals

• mytime6630
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

6. tonite --- find some high protein meals to make. This is my hardest thing, is preplanning. Something I HAVE to get better at :/

3. find low carb, high protein entrees to make

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/82768/lauras-quick-slow-cooker-turkey-chili/ ⬅️This is one of my favorite meals!!! It is lean, high protein and super easy and convenient to make!! When we serve it for dinner, we add lettuce, tomatoes, a little shredded cheese, avocado and a few Frito chips :D It's delicious and the calories will surprise you; for such a high protein meal, the calories are still reasonable. Let me know if you try it and what ya think :)

OH - thank you!!! I looked up this recipe - sounds very good! Going to try this, and add it to my menu for this week - just have to run to store and purchase ingredients! THank you so much for the suggestion
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Feel like I’m missing so much!
    I was meant to have my first antenatal appointment today but they messed it up so had to rearrange for next Monday!
    Haven’t ate much recently, I’m literally put off by everything!
    Nothing like morning sickness to lose a couple of lbs haha

I’m glad you’re all still keeping up with goals even though I’m really not lol
    I haven’t even written anything
    Feel like my hard work had been put on hold atm
    Options
    JFT,7/10
    Went to the gym, did a high impact aerobics x 60 mins .
    Then 30 mins on the elliptical
    After my afternoon nap, went shopping with my daughter who is going to Bermuda with her girl friends on Wednesday.
    Since she was also having a mani/pedi, I decided to reward myself for my 2.5 wt loss this week with a mani/ pedi too.Lucky for me , she picked up the tab for it. I always enjoy shopping with her :'(:'(
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/10 Monday JFT:

Light breakfast✔
    Pay bills✔
    Manage house cleaning✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔
    Yoga for 40 min.❌
    Cook breakfast tacos for the week✔
    Cook two days worth of homemade chicken enchiladas and freeze one day worth.✔✔
    5:30-7:30 Jiu Jitsu✔✔
    Prep backpack for class tomorrow (new schedule, classes at 8am this semester)✔
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Congratulations on a great weight loss!! Our numbers are very close to the same, and our goals are also the same. I would love to meet my goal by October also, but not sure if I can make that!! But .... lets hope we both can meet that goal! My goal is to be there by December, which for me is 4 lbs a month. You are doing great though!

Thanks Joan. I am more committed than ever the get to my goal. My main problem over the years is that I just hated to exercise, but over the past 2 years that has changed and I go to the gym approx 5 times a week and it is definitely working for me.
    We can do this just by being consistent, making healthy food choices, eating mindfully and stop making excuses. I know that I am on the right track and I am staying there.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

Just For Today 7/10/17

1. Log all that I eat :)
    2. Stay in the green :'(Not only did I eat back my exercise calories, but I exceeded them!
    3. Dont eat before 12 pm :)
    4. Do some stretching :)But I think I have used my legs too much the last two days because they are incredibly sore. Going to do some more stretching in the morning
    5. Check out this upcoming week's Harry Potter Challenge :)Most of this is done already, just have to do two little things and I'll have the week worth of challenges done.
    6. Keep drawer balanced :'(So we have a bit of a catch 22 when it comes to accepting rolled coin(I work at a bank). Corporates policy is to not accept it but they leave it up to branch discretion. Well, I accepted about $250 worth of quarters a while ago, opened a roll today to find that it was a quarter short and I had to take the difference. It's only .25 but it's still annoying!!!
    7. Do dishes :DDid one load have to do the dishes from dinner tonight in the morning
    8. Clean bathroom :/
    9. Make yummy dinner :) Really really didn't want to but I had already cut up all the chicken I was going to cook so I say screw it and just did it anyway. Lol
    10. Wind down by 10pm :)10:01 now
    11. Bed by 11pm :)Probably earlier

Today was just a not good headspace day. All sorts of different stressors going through my head today. And then I get a text message from the DH that he dropped his phone and shattered his screen. Well, it wasn't actually "shattered". Just a few splinter cracks so that's not too bad. The DH was on his way home when I got home so I ended up pulling into my parent's driveway and curling up in my Mommy's lap. She has the best lap. Lol. I'm 28 but my Mommy still lets me curl up like I'm 7 when things aren't going well. Lol. I have the best mommy! Lol. We have come to a new understanding of each other over the past few years and it has completely changed out relationship. But I ended up going home, dragging myself into making dinner and curled up on the couch with the DH watching the MLB Home Run Derby before my head started to pound. Now it's time to post my goals and turn the light out and pray my head stops aching.

So Just for Tomorrow:
    7/11/17

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Do some simple stretches to work out the sore muscles in my legs
    4. Arm weight training
    5. Finish the dishes
    6. Clean the bathroom
    7. Study work materials
    8. Look up books on selling techniques
    9. Make simple dinner for myself(DH works until close)
    10. Wind down by 11
    11. Bed by 12

• MLHC1
    Options
    7/11 Tuesday JFT:

Attend Class
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Physics HW and online HW
    Laundry
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Still need to catch up on everyone's doings - don;t have much time to internet the last few days.

JF Yesterday
    :) Bed by 11:00
    :) 10K Steps
    :) Stay Green on calories
    :) Track Water Intake
    :) Continue to reconcile liabilities for YE
    :o One load of Laundry completely forgot about this but I did vaccuum
    :) C25K Day I started week 2 of C25K. I had been thinking about redoing week 1. W2D1 went fine. B)

JFT 07-11-2017
    • Bed by 11:00
    • 10K Steps
    • Stay Green on calories
    • Track Water Intake
    • CS Terminal leave
    • One load of Laundry
    • Answer Resume team's questions
    Options
    7/10 Monday JFT:

Light breakfast✔
    Pay bills✔
    Manage house cleaning✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔
    Yoga for 40 min.❌
    Cook breakfast tacos for the week✔
    Cook two days worth of homemade chicken enchiladas and freeze one day worth.✔✔
    5:30-7:30 Jiu Jitsu✔✔
    Prep backpack for class tomorrow (new schedule, classes at 8am this semester)✔

You have so much on your plate , do you actually get to bed at 10pm?
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So good to be back. Change of schedule got me off track but I'm back to focusing on my goals!

Pretracked most meals/snacks so far..
    Focus on eating healthy & cutting down on processed foods.
    Going to bed by 10pm. I have to make this a priority.
    Listen to podcast.
    Dog sitting so walk dogs 30 mins in neighborhood -daytime & evening.
    Aiming for 150g of protein. Still working on this.
    Do the 20 min meditation online this afternoon.
    Yoga nidra tonight.

Recently cleaned out my fridge/freezer & decluttered my kitchen. I'm actually relaxed when I enter it now. My mood has improved & it leaves more room for inspiration to prep food. Need to maintain this! :smile:

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    @MLHC1 Thanks for the turkey chili recipe link, it looks terrific and I will be trying!

@junodog1 In case I ever decide to try wogging instead of walking with the dog, what C25K app are you using?

@Saragirl2 Welcome back!

Recap 7/10 M
    1) Performed blood spot test 6 a.m., need to prep for shipping and drop off package = shipped package :smile:
    2) Walked dog 2.34 miles before work; sticky! Happy dog :smiley:
    3) Keep net calories in the green...this has been an issue last couple of days = I did great all day, but after a light supper, had cheese & crackers. :s At least I counted the multi-grain crackers, weighed the cheese, and logged, instead of my usual guestimate. Net calories -369. :/
    4) Meditate in afternoon (shut door completely) = No...forgot I had an appt. w/ company nurse, then helped coworker with her next project (which I had done last year). On the plus side, I met with my favorite nurse, who noticed I'm slimmer, and she gave me good marks for health improvements I'm making. Even marked my scores with smileys and "wins". :smiley:
    5) Unwind 9:00 / bed & TV off 10:15 = This goes such a long way for me to get up early in the mornings! 10:15 :smiley:

JFT 7/11 T
    1) Two loads of laundry washed & on clothesline before work; evening, bring laundry in and put away
    2) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, while clothes in washer; saw 2 bunnies. 3rd walk already this week. :smiley:
    3) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    4) Meditate in afternoon (shut door completely)...choir director set up 2 rehearsals for new pastor installation service, this will help w/ good breath control
    5) Evening, prep veggies for lunches & snacks
    6) Unwind 9:00 / bed & TV off 10:15