Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    [*] Walk today. Even if it's just to the end of the block and back. Get my knees working! :sWell, I used my lunch break to go for a walk. I had just started out and I tripped in the road and went down really hard on my knees, caught myself with my palms so I wouldn't break every bone in my face, twisted my back, hit my left hip, twisted ankle and my big toe on my right foot went right through the end of my shoe and poked a hole in it! Oh. My. God. I was mortified and in pain all at the same time. Needless to say, that was the end of my attempted walk and I'm in pain today. Went to bed at 7:00 p.m. with ice packs last night. Feels like whiplash in my neck and shoulders today. Hurt everywhere. So yeah...there I go trying to be healthy again.
    [*] Hit my step goal :/(See above)
    [*] Make banana bread for DH since it got too late yesterday :(See Above.
    [*] Unplug early and in bed sleeping by 10:00 :)Probably my only accomplishment yesterday.
    [/list]

OMG --- this sounds terrrible!!! I hope you start to feel better soon! I had a similar thing happen years ago - out for my walk, tripped and fell. I ended up with over 14 stitches in my chin - literally split my chin open. From then on, even when I walk with a friend, I always look down at the ground!
    I hope you start to feel better soon. Don't worry about getting in your steps -- take good care of yourself.
    Hugs and prayers, my friend <3
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I am not having a good day today.
    Got a pounding headache from the kids
    All my 3yo had done is moan and repeat herself over and over and over until I’ve ended up shouting.

It’s also “spider season” where all the feckers come inside because it’s raining. I hate spiders. Hate hate hate them. And for some reason our house lets all the big ones in :(
    I just tried to kill one with a shoe,failed and it ran at me!!

I’m now sweating and proper on edge and won’t rest til it’s dead.
    My ideal way of getting rid of spiders is putting a glass over it and then burning down the house.

Bex, I am so sorry you are having a hard day. It sounds like you've had a couple of these days - I am so far behind in reading all the posts and responding. Do you have any hobbies you like to do (when and if you have time???). I know for me, that has been what has helped me more than anything. I can be so down on myself, or just life in general, and get so depressed just thinking about things, but once I start to sew, I do feel better. I guess in a way, it distracts me from the things that are bothering me. But , when you already have 2 small children to take care of , I realize how hard it is to do anything, other than being a mom.

That being said, right now though, your hormones are all over the place. I remember when I was pregnant with our kids - somedays I would just want to cry for no reason at all.

Hang in there --- we are here for you whenever you need/want to vent.

j04c6zwrmoju.jpg

Oh ... and I agree!! I HATE spiders!! I've been spraying around here a lot - this time of year, somehow, they find their way inside the house!! Hugs to you also across the miles <3
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    =
    I'm interested in how much the Calm app has helped @HGSmith0920. If I could control the anxiety I get with an app, I'd be all in! heck, I'd buy a lifetime membership! That sounds wonderful. I have to try that out...

It truly is the most amazing thing! We had a CRAZY day at the branch today. Power outages and computer problems, super busy, short staffed, and just weird people and through it all I kept a clear head and a calm demeanor. There were a few times when I had a bit of butterflies, but just took a few deep breathes, remembered what I have been learning and they went away pretty fast. I only had a short lunch break today so I ate and then did a quick, five-minute session and the rest of the day went really really well. It's so funny because at that branch the second half of the day goes by so fast and when I leave an hour early the time totally sneaks up on me. That never used to happen before. I used to keep my eyes glued to the clock but now I can go about my business, do all the stuff I need to and not think about how much I want to leave so I can be home with just me and the DH. I dont really feel the need to seclude myself in my house anymore. I'm having much more confidence talking to customers, my supervisors, and co-workers. It really is the most amazing thing I've seen in all the years of trying to manage my mental health issues.

I only bought the one-month subscription which is $12.99 because it's what I could afford at the moment. Lol. I think the one year is $59.99 and the forever one is $199.99. It really is worth it. There are a few sessions that are free. So give it a look. The first free 7-day session is called 7 Days of Calm and it goes through the basics and helps you get started. I definitely suggest it!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT, 9/12/17

1. Log all food :D
    2. Stay in green :D
    3. Keep drawer balanced :)
    4. Talk to customers! :DI did the basics but didn't really do any digging to look into services I could sell them though which was the whole point of this goal. Lol
    5. Quiet time :/:/Didnt pull myself out of bed until 15 before I had to leave, just happened to be when the DH walked in the door. Lol
    6. Yoga :/Slept on my neck weird last night even if I had pulled myself out of bed at the right time
    7. Walk/meditate during lunch :|Only had a half an hour lunch and brought a big lunch so I just did a quick 5-minute emergency session...didn't have an emergency but it was quick and I wanted a guided one. Lol
    8. Put food in crock before work :'(Forgot until lunch time lol
    9. Spend time with DH :)One of the few things I did today. Lol. Spent a lot of time laughing...it was great!
    10. Bed by 11 :)Definitely!

It's currently 9:17 pm. The DH is at work all night. As soon as he walked out the door 45 minutes ago I started getting ready for bed. Lol. As mentioned above I have a pain in my neck(literally!) and now have a heating pad haphazardly strapped around my shoulders and kind of leaning on my neck. Lol. It's helping a bit, but not much. The DH has terrible terrible arthritis in his hands(too many fights and punching of hard objects in his youth) so he can't rub the kink out >:) (LOL). But I had a great day(see the post above lol) although right now, my cursor is giving me fits! Lol. I dont have to work until 11 tomorrow morning so I want to go to bed early, so I can HOPEFULLY get up early tomorrow. I really need to do some yoga for the HP challenge and I really want to do some quiet time. I have been seriously missing it, but with the stepping down, it's been nearly impossible to get up in the morning and keep at my diet! I had some really good low-calorie meals today but totally ruined it by snacking! I wasn't even hungry! It was just totally mindless eating. I hate that I do that! I think that subconsciously I feel like I need to eat certain kinds of food at certain times or something feels off. Maybe I have OCD tendencies...I'm not sure. But it's definitely something to work on. Lol

So JFT, 9/13/17

1. LOG ALL FOOD!
    2. Attempt to stay in green(if I dont, it's okay too)
    3. Quiet time!
    4. Yoga(even if it's only five minutes!)
    5. Keep drawer balanced
    6. Food in the crockpot for dinner(bourbon chicken maybe?)
    7. Get gas
    8. Spend time with DH
    9. Bed by 10(got to an hour drive for an early morning, all day training :s )
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, what was it with yesterday!
    I hope everyone is okay and not too badly hurt.

Bf also hurt himself yesterday and had to get stitches. I am so worried. I would have loved to check on him every hour to make sure he doesn't have a concussion, but I am too far away. I begged him to write me first thing this morning so I know he woke up all right. Hope he will be all right and do that, I am already worried (but it is really early and I don't want to wake him).
    I worked on that last minute application the whole evening. Ate nothing but a little ice-cream. :s Managed to congratulate Mum who ended up proud of me. But I hope so badly this one works out. What if it does not, again?
    I tried to work more on it earlier, but couldn't because literally every 20 minutes someone at work needed something else from me. Now I am just very, very nervous.
    I will try and be back on a normal day today.

1) Go to gym. (Finally.)
    2) Do some actual work, send out results to people.
    3) Remind reference writer to do it today, as deadline is tomorrow.
    4) Do not freak out about life.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 20 (Sept 12) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea ✅
    2. Keep under 100 carbs✅
    3. Keep under 2000 calories❌
    4. No wheat ✅
    5. Exercise a bit✅
    6. Stay calm and patient✅
    7. Log Everything✅

Today I ate 600-700 less than the last 8 days. I'm hoping it makes a difference. I didn't snack, didn't eat pasta or chips with the rest of my family. I only caved on 2 sips of Orangina & a small piece of chocolate and I logged it ALL. I did roughly 1 hour of exercise and decided today that for the next 4 weeks I'm focusing more on my carbs than my calories. This will allow me to enjoy the rich meats and cheese offered here in France without gaining too much.

I've been eating slowly and not taking 2nds. I've been eating 3x the number of veggies I usually eat. I've NEVER been this good before while in Europe. Normally it's 4000 cals a day minimum (bread with every meal, chocolate 2x a day, hot chocolate, pastas, pizza etc.). I've ALWAYS gained between 5-10 lbs on a 2 week vacation. This time will be different; I can feel it. I have the self control that I didn't have before.

Day 21 (Sept 13) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea
    2. Keep under 100 carbs
    3. No wheat
    4. Exercise a bit
    5. Stay calm and patient
    6. Log Everything
    7. Get though our daunting administrative "to-do" most

@slittlemeister That is a beautiful region! I'd love to go back there again. My man is from Champagne-Ardenne (champagne country!!! I LOVE champagne). Have you spent a lot of time in France? It is such a beautiful country! I'm in love with Europe. Lol. I try to spend as much time there as possible. But I've really only seen France (yep the WHOLE thing), Belgium (only 1/2) and part of England (spent a week in London).
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I spray spiders and other bugs to death. Once when we were first married, a bat got into the bedroom. I told my husband it was in the marriage agreement that husbands do the bats. He caulked and sealed everything up the very next day.
    I got the have-tos and need-tos done yesterday but not the extras.
    I have been eating such odd stuff just on spur of moment but technically within calorie limits. Today, no fried stuff and so forth. I made soup beans and then will use leftovers for chili. Calories will be good ones.
    There's no time to exercise. Whine. I tell myself time is the same for all people-I choose what I do or to waste time. I will exercise a minimum of 30 minutes and I do have a treadmill in this house.
    Son has 6 things on calendar for today. I promised to do 6:30-8:30 at Heritage Center. Whoa, too much. I will get him to whatever but Wednesdays need to be more controlled. Just because we could, does not mean I should.
    Spend 40 minutes putting kitchen (the center of our lives) back to more order. Finish cleaning and reassemble car seat. Get rid of it. Mail books away. Retrieve garbage cans from street.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Busy day, DD has hearing test this am so dog will have to go for walk later.

Read posts later-I appreciate that we're on this journey together!
    Need to stay focused today, use timer as needed.
    Track everything. Making ribs tonight, side a veggies, no starches for me.
    Review daily "To Do" list.
    Aiming for 17k steps on Fitbit.
    Reduce stress by continuing w/planning & organizing volunteer commitments.
    Listen to a Half Size Me webinar on walk.
    Drink 9 cups if water. Doing pretty good at this now....only took about 6 mths to est. this habit lol. Patience.
    Meditate w/calm app for 25 mins.
    Open house at school tonight-stay positive.
    Early bedtime 10 pm.

I have to shake off some negative feelings that I'm carrying around. May read/watch something to help.

Thinking of you all :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    Options
    Recap T 9/12
    1) Washed / hung 2 loads of laundry before work. No dog walk. Evening, fold & put away / remember undies & socks in dryer. = All laundry made it upstairs, and some even got put away. :smiley:
    2) Push on sample testing / complete through #47 = Finished #48, only two more in test sample, then next steps. :smiley:
    3) Net calories green, or at least w/i 100 = Green! So tired after window wrestling (see #4) & laundry, I jumped in car w/ dog and went to McD's drive-thru for southwest salad (out of greens at home). :smiley:
    4) Wash 1 window & check hummingbird feeder = Feeder ok, check daily. Washed double window, so really 2? Forgot how heavy the wood frames are when have to tilt in & I struggled a bit. Another good reason to start strength training again. Had trouble figuring how to tilt upper portion, hubby at work / no help there, so never got inside of uppers done. Have to ask hubby again for "window refresher". But I can really see the difference on the ones I did, task way overdue! :smiley:
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = 11:00 :s

JFT W 9/13 - Happy Hump Day!
    1) Walked dog 3 miles before work / foggy = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Finish stage 1 of sample testing / send request emails for additional info / start stage 2
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    4) Remember haircut at 5:00
    5) Wash 1 window
    6) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 really!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Tuesday, 9/12
    1. log all food :/ Not the best nite - forgot to drink my water, and distinguish between hunger and thirst
    2. remember water!!!!!! It is thirst, not hunger! :/
    3. 2 glasses water with each meal :/
    4. sip on water in the evenings when I sew :/
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :/
    6. go for a walk tonite, or go to zumba, since I only had a short time at the gym this morning :)
    7. start washing doors - wash 2 doors tonite! :/

Only positive thing yesterday was going for a walk last nite - and then my feet hurt :s

Another new day though

JFt, Wed, 9/13
    1. remember to drink water --- 2 glasses with each meal
    2. drink water tonite - make flavored water, and sip on it
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow
    4. log all food
    5. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
    6. read my response cards to remind myself -- goal weight in december if I keep going
    7. 10 servs fruits and veggies
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Go to gym. (Finally.) :)It was nice. Don't know what made me so reluctant to go.
    2) Do some actual work, send out results to people. :|Not that done yet.
    3) Remind reference writer to do it today, as deadline is tomorrow. :)Didn't even have to remind her. She's the best.
    4) Do not freak out about life. :)Life is okay. I manage.

I am so hungry, but I don't feel like cooking. Uh. Now I wish I had some frozen pizza to throw in the oven or something quick like that. But I don't. I only have healthy fresh food that I need to prepare. Or ice-cream.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday
    <29 g added sugar, <75 g carbs :(
    Listen to podcasts...Half Size Me, Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Health Daily and Good Life Project :(
    Finish my Wound Provider class and patient build in MST :(
    Begin research for Ambulatory OB Stork class :)
    Make banana bread for DH :)
    Schedule either chiropractor or massage for whiplash pain :(
    Do bills tonight :)
    Early bedtime with reading and journaling one hour prior :)

Just for Wednesday
    1. <29 g sugar, <75 g carbs
    2. Try the Calm app
    3. Walk tonight and listen to podcasts
    4. Finish wound provider class
    5. Tune out negativity around me with earbuds and music
    6. Put in request to take both tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon off, just because I feel like it! Maybe get hubby to take me fishing before it gets too cold.
    7. Leave work by 4:00. Do not work at home tonight past 7:00 p.m.
    8. Come up with a doable morning and evening checklist to try to turn into habit to make days smoother.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. Do MORE veggie/meal prep (salsa cruda, chicken salad, caprese) :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. 60 minutes Zumba -or- swim a mile :(
    4. under 75G carbs :)
    5. under 1200 calories :)
    6. 8+ freggies :)
    7. 10+C water :(

Well, yesterday was a bit of a wash. I decided that I needed sleep much more than exercise. My FitBit is showing me that my sleep is even worse than I thought--no wonder I am tired!

Wednesday:

1. 12,000 steps
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 75G carbs
    4. under 1200 calories
    5. 8+ freggies
    6. 10+C water
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Day 21 (Sept 13) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea ✅
    2. Keep under 100 carbs✅
    3. No wheat ❌ (I shared a small chocolate croissant with my man)
    4. Exercise a bit✅
    5. Stay calm and patient✅
    6. Log Everything✅
    7. Get though our daunting administrative "to-do" most✅ (A MAJOR relief)
    8. Extra goal: stay under 2000 cals✅

Carbs were a bit higher today but still under the 100g. So I'm thrilled. Calories were lower too! I managed to keep them under 2000 for the first time in a little over a week!!!

The carbs where high because I ate some sweet potato and 1/2 of that chocolate croissant but even that wasn't too bad! Everything I ate was measured into small portions as chewed slowly. I've high hopes for tomorrow's weigh-in!

I'd dropped back down to 193 this morning (Yay!) now I just have 1.2 Lbs to lose to get back to my lowest weight before my bday.

Day 22 (Sept 14) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea
    2. Keep under 100 carbs
    3. No wheat
    4. Exercise a bit
    5. Stay calm and patient
    6. Log Everything
    7. Have a RELAXED day
    8. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    7. Get though our daunting administrative "to-do" most✅ (A MAJOR relief)

5. Stay calm and patient
    7. Have a RELAXED day

I have been thinking of you on this journey. So happy you got thru the admin to-do's, that is a major pain. You deserve a relaxed day! :smiley:
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you for your thoughts/prayers. It's been quite a journey. We did some research and made some phone calls and we have an apt with a lawyer next week and then all of the necessary arrangements will have been looked after and we can sleep easy knowing there are plans in place for each possible future situation. None of it is fun and it's all quite stressful, but I know that we will be thankful that we were prepared.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!!! (For the first time this vacation I don't have anything to do!)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    I worked on that last minute application the whole evening. Ate nothing but a little ice-cream. :s Managed to congratulate Mum who ended up proud of me. But I hope so badly this one works out. What if it does not, again?
    Now I am just very, very nervous.
    I will try and be back on a normal day today.

1) Go to gym. (Finally.)
    2) Do some actual work, send out results to people.
    3) Remind reference writer to do it today, as deadline is tomorrow.
    4) Do not freak out about life.

Breathe! Good luck on your application. :smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Really REALLY pissed at my manager today. Woke up at 3 am this morning with tonsils the size of golf balls, a fuzzy brain, and terrible post-nasal drip! It really is my own fault though. When I made those 25 phone calls the other day I sat at her desk the day she got sick and didn't spray it with Lysol or anything and used her phone for about a half an hour. I haven't been sick once in the year and a half since I quit smoking, so I guess I was due. But why now???? I have a three day weekend coming up AND my 9-day vacation starts on Wednesday! What a time to get bronchitis(I think). My Godmommy is insisting I go to the doctors and I will on Friday after I get paid but she's been pushing me all day to go to a clinic and that she'll send me her debit card info so she can pay for it for me(she lives about 3 states away). I dont have a fever though so I'm not toooo worried. I have a 7-hour training session about an hour away from home tomorrow as well. I am NOT looking forward to that. It ends around 4, then I get to sit in the rush hour traffic heading down to the shore(home). It's hit or miss how the traffic will be. For a lot of people, Thursday is the new Friday and it's supposed to be a GORGEOUS weekend here with lots and lots of festivals and things. So the roads are going to be packed! But once I'm home on Thursday, I dont have to go anywhere until Monday afternoon. Lol. That I am excited for!

I'm not even going to bother to look for my goals for today because I know I didn't hit a single one, except spend time with the DH and while I was doing that I was miserable and acting like a shrew to him. He kept asking me what he could do to make me feel better and I kept wanting to say, let me die in peace, but that would have hurt his feelings, so I refrained. Lol.

So, for my praying friends, send up a prayer for me that I get over this soon, please!

JFT, 9/14/17

1. Make lunch and snacks to bring to training
    2. Get up on time!
    3. Dont pig-out on junk!
    4. Stay awake during training
    5. Dont sneeze on anyone
    6. Dont give into road rage during the commute
    7. Bring extra cold medicine with me
    8. Put food in the crock pot before I leave
    9. RELAX!!!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Glad today is over. Will try again Thursday.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    My Godmommy is insisting I go to the doctors and I will on Friday after I get paid but she's been pushing me all day to go to a clinic and that she'll send me her debit card info so she can pay for it for me(she lives about 3 states away). I dont have a fever though so I'm not toooo worried.

Hope you feel better soon - I've had bronchotitis many times, and it is not fun! But, I do agree with your Godmommy --- the sooner you can get to the doctor, the sooner you can get started on antibiotics, and hopefully start to feel better before you go on vacation. Antibiotics are the only thing that will work for this. So ..... heres another "mommy" telling you to get in to see that doctor. And Hope you feel better soon!