Sober September 2017

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    I a trying dating again but it generally involves drinking. Not sure how to do this. If I say no to a drink people think I am an alcoholic or abstain 100% which I do not plan on. I guess having a drink for a date is not a big deal.

I have thought about that too. But you know I would rather meet someone without the wine goggles...and see if I really like them and I'd like for them to see me without wine/alcohol and have them get to know me and really like me as I am too.

There are plenty of first dates that you can do without alcohol...and lots of people do not drink. I've had several people ask me to meet for coffee etc.

And if you do decide to drink, just drink less so you can keep up with your MFP goals!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Drunk Thur, Fri and now tonight. Why does alcohol taste so good?
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    As it turns out, if you're a social drinker, getting older helps. :/ Saturday night, and I was in bed before 9 p.m. Not the strategy I would prefer.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    I have been using this app to track my days without alcohol called nomo. I'm at 54 days...the cool thing is you estimate how much money you were spending per week and time...The app says that I have saved $312.93 by not drinking...and I've saved 117.28 hours. Of course those are just estimates, but it's pretty cool! :) Still not sure how long I am going to go, but enjoying this so far!

Yeah I have thought about how much I have saved my not drinking. Over time it adds up
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    two guys have asked about going for drinks. I think I will just stick to one drink.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Fell off Thurs,Fri Sat and just nursing a few today to kill the hangover! Totally not worth it
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Did great not drinking this weekend... thanks to a cold/ stomach bug. Felt like I have been hungover the whole time. Hope everyone is doing good and staying strong.
  • PurpleLavender77
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Fell off Thurs,Fri Sat and just nursing a few today to kill the hangover! Totally not worth it

Start fresh tomorrow!
  • PurpleLavender77
    Did so well up until yesterday. I had such a great week and enjoyed waking up feeling fresh every day. I even got up on Saturday morning to watch the sunrise and just felt so happy. I don't totally regret having a few drinks yesterday - after all, Saturday was my birthday and hubby and I just ran a race we had been training for for months. But so not worth the crappy feeling today. Starting fresh again.

Happy belated birthday!!
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Eh, things didn't go great Saturday. I've decided sober September is the way to go for me for the rest of the month. It just leads to too many other bad choices. But I also know every time I restrict totally, it doesn't end well. So much mental crap to manage!!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    ^ Right there with you.
  • PurpleLavender77
    olive1968 wrote: »
    Eh, things didn't go great Saturday. I've decided sober September is the way to go for me for the rest of the month. It just leads to too many other bad choices. But I also know every time I restrict totally, it doesn't end well. So much mental crap to manage!!

So maybe start with just tracking how much and when you are drinking and try to reduce it. Or try to drink and stay within your calories for the day.

For me, making the decision to not drink has gone better when I say "I don't drink" versus "I can't" it's a mind trick but it works.

• SweatsOnSunday
    JLatham325 wrote: »
    I suck, I suck, I suck :s

I had too much wine with my family Friday night, and then had a few beers Saturday and Sunday night.
    Ugh why are weekends so hard?! Damn this routine and cravings!

Ok I'm done whining. Time to get stronger.

Agreed. Weekends are definitely harder. Same with the food choices. At work during the week, I don't even think about eating. But at home, I'm on a quest for sugar and carbs, whether its in pancakes or drinks.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    21 days in and I've only had 1 beer. While I'm pleased about that, I'm feeling discouraged that the scale isn't really reflecting the loss of so many calories. I haven't exchanged more food or other drinks for the alcohol, and my activity level is consistent, so I'm frustrated. Still...I do *feel* much better.