Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Wow this is still movin? Lol. Anyway Ive been MIA for a while! My youngest was diagnosed with autism and is nonverbal (as is his older brother) and I am back in college plus my 2 oldest go to school on separate sides of the city so I'm pretty busy but Im back at it now. :)

Oh my LAWD you have a lot on your plate! Internet hugs! What are you in college for? I'm going back to school on 10/1 myself :)
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I found my people on here lol. I am a lurker, I do a lot of reading on the forum. But I am far from a clean eater. I love fast food, pizza, chocolate (I have a 1lb Reese cup in my freezer that is cut up for me to enjoy). I also love my wine, mixed drinks and beer when out with friends. In 60 days I have lost 21lbs eating this kinda stuff... I do eat a lot of fruits and veggies too and chicken and steak
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Currently eating a snack pack of 3 Double Stuft Oreos... :)
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm from the North East where Apple Cider & Apple Cider donuts it huge thing !! I've already had 3 apple cider donuts and fall hasn't even started
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Wow this is still movin? Lol. Anyway Ive been MIA for a while! My youngest was diagnosed with autism and is nonverbal (as is his older brother) and I am back in college plus my 2 oldest go to school on separate sides of the city so I'm pretty busy but Im back at it now. :)

We have three on the spectrum - 18-year old, non-verbal, autistic and epileptic son, plus a 17-year old girl and 11-year old boy with Asperger syndrome. We've just started transitioning our daughter from special-ed to high school. Pray/think happy thoughts for us as we go through this rather harrowing process!

Glad to see y'all are still eating all the things! :)
  • MandaLuvsHockey
    MandaLuvsHockey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon this weekend - nothing too drastic but it was my birthday. But having the hardest time getting back on track after
    McDonalds
    Brazillian BBQ
    Chicken & Ribs
    White Biscuit Cake, with Chocolate Stout Cake, Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Marshmallow (no calories Im sure)
    Movie Popcorn & Coke

Yikes. To be fair, even though I did go over it wasn't as bad as it seems. But I have a wedding in 2 weeks...Yikes

hahah oh well. I'd do it all again!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Had some Juniors strawberry cheesecake the other day... was sooo good.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    PB and brown sugar sandwich yesterday. I've been on a "food I ate as a kid" kick. PB and marshmallows melted together and eaten with a spoon? Yeah, three times last week. I'm out of marshmallows now and I am NOT going to buy more.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat a cupcake for lunch.... The other day it was corn chips and whey protein lol.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    PB and brown sugar sandwich yesterday. I've been on a "food I ate as a kid" kick. PB and marshmallows melted together and eaten with a spoon? Yeah, three times last week. I'm out of marshmallows now and I am NOT going to buy more.

WAIT... Someone else did PB and brown sugar as a child??? I thought I was the only one!! Every time I mention it people look at me like I'm insane!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    @Mandunc happy belated birthday!
  • jbmom91
    jbmom91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wooo been a second! Hi again all! Husband and I went camping this weekend and while I made plenty of tasty and healthy campfire meals, there was ice cream, s'mores, gin and sodas, and Wendy's to balance it all out ;);)

Willing to share some of your healthy campfire meals please?
  • MandaLuvsHockey
    MandaLuvsHockey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @Mandunc happy belated birthday!

Thanks!

ha so its now a few days since and Im still having issues getting back on track. My tracking isn't super over but its certainly not great

and on a side note...I loveeeeee Wendys and miss it so much. I'm Canadian but living in the UK. Heading back to Canada soon and Wendys is my first stop

• quiksylver296
    Options

WAIT... Someone else did PB and brown sugar as a child??? I thought I was the only one!! Every time I mention it people look at me like I'm insane!

Heck, yes, I did! So nostalgically yummy!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    jbmom91 wrote: »
    Willing to share some of your healthy campfire meals please?

Sure! Keep in mind that we are keto, so our foods are high fat/moderate protien/very little carbs, so it may not match up with your way of eating, but if nothing else hopefully provides some inspo:

First night we had lettuce-wrapped cheeseburgers with all the fixins (tomato, mayo, mustard, the works) and homemade egg salad. The next dinner was "cajun" shrimp and sausage sautee over "dirty" cauliflower rice. Cajun and dirty are in quotes becuase they were not authentic, but still inspired by the flavors and very good.
    The key is planning and pre-prep. I made lists of what meals we wanted and the prep I had to do at home. For example, I only brought enough lettuce to wrap burgers, I didn't bring a whole head and have to wash and cut it at camp. The shrimp and sausage was pre-cut and frozen so it could safely thaw in the cooler and be ready for night 2. The cauli rice was pre-cooked and I juts reheated it in a little pot of water in its baggie, like an MRE.

Depending on your setup, you'll have good instict over what needs to be done beforehand. I cooked in my cast iron on the fire grate at the site, so I wanted things to be pretty easy. If you have a full fancy camp kitchen or an RV you can obviously get away with less pre-prep.

We also had fried Spam and sauteed zuchinni by way of lunch, but that may not be considered "healthy" by non-ketoers LOL :smiley:
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of Quik Trip pizza (and set aside another one for breakfast tomorrow because I can't resist it!) and half a pint of Halo Top birthday cake with some banana and a fiber one cookie. I make sure to always eat at a deficit and have fruits and veggies, doesn't mean I'm willing to give up all my favorite junk food though!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

Heck, yes, I did! So nostalgically yummy!

Try it with a little cinnamon thrown in. Now I sometimes slice some apple for that sandwich.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I'm from the North East where Apple Cider & Apple Cider donuts it huge thing !! I've already had 3 apple cider donuts and fall hasn't even started

Now I want an apple cider donut, but I refuse to go to the place I like getting them on a Saturday! Especially a nice, sunny, and warm Saturday!
  • miolmimi
    miolmimi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me! Coffee with cream in the morning, whiskey nightcap, on the daily.