AUGUST Move Your *kitten* Challenge!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm setting a goal of 100 miles, I'll be doing it by running, on my bike and using the machines at the gym
    :D
    good luck to everyone else.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I kind of forgot to log my last few thing in July.

August my goal is 75 miles again
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in for 62 miles this month! Good luck all!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Dinos, love the spreadsheet!
  • christinesimpson
    christinesimpson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm so in!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! but do i have to do anything...its funny you called it move your *kitten*...I just reset my move your *kitten* ticker for this challenge, hopefully I can find time to run and swim this month I did around 25miles of running last month (never added swimming miles so cool on that) so ill shoot for 30 :bigsmile:
  • salmoninthebeak
    Options
    I would love to join. Combo of walking and jumping rope (2000 jumps = 1 miles) = 40 miles in August.
  • bennight72
    Options
    New here as well....

This is totally what I need. I have a question though... do you have to run/ jog/ or walk? Or can you use a treadmill. I've recently hurt my hip and the dr says no running or jogging. I can do the treadmill though.

Thanks!
    B.
  • kjphipps
    kjphipps Posts: 14
    Options
    I am in !!!! My goal for August is 40 miles.... Thanks for starting this!!!!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am SO in. I am going to set a smallish goal of 25 miles. I am just 2 weeks off of crutches and still in rehab to reteach my leg how to walk, so I can't go full steam like I would like to.

Excited to watch my ticker go towards that 25 mile mark!
  • staceypellegrin
    Options

blk-exercise.png
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Just over 6 miles today to get this month kicked off!
  • ItsMeTime
    Options
    Hello! I am not new to MFP or running, but have been out of the game a while. I am trying to slowly build and (hopefully) begin a half marathon training schedule beginning in Septmeber. i started last month at 10 minutes, and am building minutes for now. I have estimated my distance at 28 miles for the month of august!

I am excited about this one :) It will work well with another challenge I have started for august to be in the "green" 6 to 7 days a week and drink 64oz of water a day. Some other members of the challenge are also starting p90x so I will do this instead

So here we go- 28 miles!
  • simplysara9
    Options
    I am aiming for 100 miles in August!:smile:

I set up a challenge with the 100+ to Lose Thread I participate in and we are all pledging miles to virtually walk the Appalachian Trail! The trail is over 2000 miles long and we ended up with 32 participants and over 2800 miles pledged for August! I am so excited to be a part of this group as well as the 100+! You all are so motivating.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
    My goal is 30miles! I'll go make a ticker now!

I am going to do it running/walking only
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    So my goal last month was to do 40 mi. I completed 46.1 so my goal for august is to swim/elliptical/walk (maybe even run?lol)
    50 mi in August. . . . ok here I go! ;p
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    8.6 miles on the stationary bike today. Get myself off to a good head start. :happy:
  • janana021
    Options
    Not the greatest start but on the positive note 3.24 miles down and a lot more to go lmao
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    8 miles done :D only 92 more to go.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Not a great start - had 8ks scheduled yesterday but had to work late - tomorrow it is on!