MEAT Me at the Beach: 8/4-8/7 weigh-in *MINI-GOAL time!*

Options

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Watched my sodium. & started juicing this week in anticipation of our beach trip on Friday. I'm hoping for a big loss this week as well.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bump
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    bump
  • AccioPancakes
    Options
    I have 1.8lbs to make my goal. I'd like to confidently say that I can make that, but it's a tough week for me. Saturday was my birthday party, Thursday is my birthday AND tom has made a visit which means killer cravings, too. I'm going to keep up with my work outs and have lots of water and try to keep the effects to a minimum.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updated chart, Vic!

I think I can. . . I think I can. Despite some challenges with a recent plateau, I think I can make the 0.5 pounds to this week's mini goal of 177. Saturdays' "plateau" turned out to be a visit from TOM (he's so inconsistent lately), and it looks like the scale has gone down already.

Pumping up the water and watching what I eat this week. The week following will be a stressful business trip to California!
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Noodlespoon

Weight Category:REDUCE
    LOSING 26 OR MORE

Current Weight (As of today): 180.
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 165

6/9: 191 **start of challenge**
    6/16: 188
    6/23: 184.7
    6/30: 183.8
    7/7: 183.3 (mini goal 180) nope!
    7/14: 181.3
    7/21: 180
    7/28: 180
    8/4: mini goal 172
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: goal 165
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    sadly no changes for me this week. My new calorie plan is much higher than I'm used to so I don't expect to see much of a loss this week. I'm concentrating on losing fat and toning now that I know I don't have to lose as much weight as I originally thought! I'm still hoping that I can lose some weight, but I am just hoping for changes at this moment. I need about 2 pounds to make it to my mini goal!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm already past my mini goal and only 0.6lbs. away from my final goal. I will have to revise my goals, I will post the changes on my chart when I weigh in on Friday. Thanks again Vic for all the work you do!
  • Irene_1
    Irene_1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How much to you need to lose to get to your mini-goal?.................... 1. 2 pounds.
    Is it possible for you to do it? (change you goal if you need to) ........ yes!! I will do this.
    How are you going to do it? ..................................................................... I want to get back to making some fresh juice, eating more breakfast since I don't always to it. I sweat and am out of breathe while doing housework or playing/running around with the kids and I don't log this in, I figure this is life and not "an exercise". I only log in zumba, hot yoga or running/jogging but I'm gonna try to do 1 of those 3 everday, even if I am dead tired from playing with the kids. :wink:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kcrouch0
    kcrouch0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MEAT ME AT THE BEACH CHALLENGE

Current Weight (As of today): 149.8 :smile:
    Starting weight 6/24: 151.8
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 141.8
    Weight Category: Reduce "looking slim"
    6/9: **start of challenge**
    6/16: Started 6/21 151.8
    6/23: 150.8 = down 1 Pound
    6/30: 150.8 = maintaining w/TOM
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 148.8 didn’t meat =( …..150.4:cry:
    7/14: 150.4 maintained stressful week at work and no excersice. :0
    7/21: TOM 151.6 =(…..it could be worse. Again a stressfull week and I did cheat a few times. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! :bigsmile:
    7/28: 149.8....getting back on track and going back in the right direction =) met 1st mini goal 3weeks later.:grumble:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 145.8
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight ___>>>141.8

8/4: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 145.8 = 4 pounds I need to lose by the end of this week = .8 pounds a day. Is it feasible…maybe but not most likely. I’m aiming to be at 147.8 and if I’m really dedicated this week maybe 146.8. We will see. I have 30 days left in the challenge for myself to get down, which means at least .26 pounds a day for the next 30 days. I will weigh in Sunday morning to give myself a little more time to see if I can make it. . Good Luck to all.

My Goal this week will to drink as least 12-16 glasses of water a day, watch sodium intake, and exercise at least 4-6 times this week.

Thanks VIC for an awesome job you do on the charts and all the hard work you do for all of us. You’re an inspiration to all.
  • mrogers52
    Options
    bump
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    How much to you need to lose to get to your mini-goal? 9.2, changing to only be a loss of 3.2
    Is it possible for you to do it? (change your goal if you need to) Nope, not the original one, but the new one yes!
    How are you going to do it? Gonna change it & work my butt off! I caught some kind of bug or my body is reacting to the difference between the dry heat in Vegas & the humidity here in Ottawa who knows it's just making it hard to breath so I'm not going to continue to do my C25K until Next week. But I'm still gonna do as much else as possible, did elliptical, stationary bike & swam today.

Current Weight (As of today): 222.2
    Revised Challenge Goal Weight as of August 2nd (for Sept. 1st): 207
    Weight Category: Reduce
    6/9: **start of challenge** 222.2
    6/16: 219.6
    6/23: 219
    6/30: 218
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 215>>> 216
    7/14: 217.8
    7/21: 214
    7/30: 217.2
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 214>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 207>>>

I have decided to change my goals abit, not gonna make it to Onederland by the end of Summer as I would have liked but even in the 20_ Should be good! No more vacations for me for awhile.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I need to lost .4 to get to my mini goal. I think I can do it. I will burn 500 calories daily and try to eat a little more.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I don't think I'm going to make my mini-goal, I seem to be pretty stuck around 73/74, whereas I'd like to be at 72.
    I suspected it would get harder for the last few kg and here it is :smile: Think I need to change my mini-goal and set a more realistic end goal. So, let's think about this:

How much to you need to lose to get to your mini-goal?
    - 1.3 - 1.5 kg in 5 days.

Is it possible for you to do it? (change you goal if you need to)
    - Nope. I'm going to change my mini goal to 73kg and my end goal to 72. That means about 1/4 kg or 1/2 pound a week. I should be able to do that!

How are you going to do it?
    - I've changed my settings to lose 1/2 pound a week so I'm going to try eating 1600 net cals, just have to make an effort to do it with healthy food. Not so easy as I'm pretty stressed at the moment, and very prone to snaffling bags of sweets at such times. -- But, I need to come up with some better strategies for dealing with those stress moments. Maybe I'll stop at the supermarket and stock up on a new selection of herbal teas then I have something fragrant and relaxing for when I'm craving sweet stuff.

Any suggestions for me for herbal teas? - anything but peppermint/spearmint, that just tastes like toothpaste to me and makes me gag.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

********** It’s that that time again….MINI-GOALS!!!! *********

I would need to lose 7 pounds this week to make it to my mini goal off 161.

Not going to happen. I think that I would like to move it to 165.
    I am going to run, workout and drink lots of water, plus with tom leaving it should be easy to dropa couple of pounds.
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    >I'm at 173 today (was 175.2 last official weigh in), but my regular weigh in is on Thursdays so I'd need to lose three pounds by tomorrow…

>Probably not going to make it, but I don't want to change my goal. I think a goal is there for you to have something to strive for. If you just changed it everytime it was difficult to reach you'd never get anywhere.

>I'm going to be extra careful with my water and sodium intake today. Tom is just a few days away and I don’t want him to ruin my weigh in.
  • mrogers52
    Options
    Since I reached my mini-goal a week early, I am not changing it. Nor am I changing my final goal.
    Thanks for keeping this challenge going this summer Vic! BTW, I loved your swimsuit picture.