Jumping jacks with a large bust?

Options

Replies

• skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I wear THREE sports bras. I hate running at the gym because I know Marsha and Henry are just fighting for a chance to meet everyone.
  • Nikki_GodzPrincess
    Options
    I do what most have said already a regular bra and a sports bra. Sometimes two sports bra and no regular bra, and I have DDD's I understand your pain. Try the two bra thing and maybe an ace bandage around so they dont bounce as high or hard.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    size G here and i can tell you that upon doing my jumping jacks this morning i did, in fact, end up with a bruised eye... :D
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I got a couple cup sizes on you and my secret is a good underwire sports bra. Pay the extra money! The normal uniboob sports bras are TERRIBLE unless you are less than a B cup (or I assume, haven't been under a DDD since I was 15). Check out Title Nine or if you have a Dillard's go there. I love my Dillard's and they have two sports bras that I LOVE!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When I had large girls I would double up on the compression bras. The other science behind sports bras is a stabilizing type bra instead of compression. They're pricey, but worth the money if you can afford them. Champion makes a very nice one.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    THANK GOODNESS!!! I thought I was alone in this dang boat, and the boat was going to sink...I did the 100 jumping jacks and cussed everyone of them...I was all worried about my ankle which is a constant pain, I've started using my brace just to exercise and haven't worn it in a couple of months....

The whole boobs bouncing and hips flopping, and stomach well yeh...I thought I was going to die in the process, even breaking them up. I wanted to find my girdle for the hips and stomach and then was debating wrapping the ace bandage around my chest, instead just went through them as fast as I could to get it over with...guess it's time to invest in a couple decent sports bras...DANG DDD anyone who wants them can have them...they are great for holding things, but when moving fast, bending over, jumping...they are useless...

Also don't want to imagine if you are lactating...mine are pierced and seem to be getting irritated with the movement and sweat lately...started "padding my bra" with napkins to help absorb...poor girls....
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 sports bras to keep the girls down...:) and a good sport top tank :blushing: :embarassed:
  • thebiggreenmachine
    thebiggreenmachine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    All the guys clicking on this post hoping to see a video, raise your hand. *raises hand* :bigsmile:
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I wear THREE sports bras. I hate running at the gym because I know Marsha and Henry are just fighting for a chance to meet everyone.

Love it!! Mine are called Mindy and Mandy, but Nike sports bras keep them in check! When I run I wear two, when I play rugby I wear three and under armour because getting a rugby boot stud in the boobage area is very painful!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This thread.

HappyRageGuy.png

Yeah, if you have this issue it's about as comfortable as getting chaffing on your balls from running and can cause injury. So have a good laugh there and here's to wishing you a nice sweaty run. :bigsmile:
  • kjpollard
    Options
    I purposely buy sports bras one size smaller just so they hold them to my chest more. I am an F/G. Imagine doing them while you are lactating. My cousin literally holds her chest while doing them cause of the lactating and pain.

I couldn't when I was BF...it made me cry to go up stairs sometimes...:sad:

I have to use a sports bra w/ clasps, they just seem to hold tighter...I got mine at a running store. I'm a 40 G (sad, but true). I can't wait to go down to a D or DD. :)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My boobs aren't as big, but they aren't very firm, so I double up on the bra!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    My adult daughter had this same problem when she was doing 30DS with me a few months back .... no idea what size she is *plugs ears and shouts LALALALALALA, I DON'T WANNA KNOW!* :laugh: but a downsize sports bra and ace bandage did the trick as did modifying the moves a little in the beginning.
  • kermie019
    kermie019 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 2 bras, but I found one at Title nine online shop. I also like the Anita from www.herroom.com. BTW I am a 42D.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Teetering between and H and an I here. Can't find a bra to fit me to save my life. So I wear a tight tank top, then a tight shirt along with a bra that's too big around the circumference but too small in the cup. And then hold them myself if the excercise gets too rambunctious. I like my breasts though and they don't look or feel huge to me, they look and feel just right. So who knows. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that I was sporting D's by my 14th birthday.
  • ever_onward
    Options
    I'm a 32DD and I haaate doing jumping jacks. I wear a size S or XS sports bra from the C9 line of clothes at Target and, while my boobs still bounce a lot, they don't hurt much when I do them. C9 sports bras are my favorite (and they come in awesome colors!!), ditto for the rest of the clothing from that brand, haha.
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about Moving Comfort bras - I found them at http://www.titlenine.com/. I have been doubling up on bras as well but I feel like it makes it harder to breathe when I am already panting.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD too.. its annoying, looks funny when you are doing it with other people and it hurts. I have tightened my bra and spent much money on a good bra. When you are this big, I don't see anything helping. Although I have never tried 2 bras at the same time. This may help? And I do what someone else says, I just hold them. But now I have more to worry about.. after having my daughter, whenever I jump up and down I get the urge to pee.. its horrible :/

If you figure out the fix, let us know!
  • byukid
    byukid Posts: 55
    Options
    I don't know, we'll need videos for form check.
  • annemcdonagh
    Options
    There is a type of jumping jack that is called "side to side" or side step. Instead of jumping up, you slide one leg out and raise your arms, then the next time, slide out the other leg. It gets you moving without the jostling. Second, touching your hands together above your head can cause rotator cuff issues, so, when starting out, just raise your arms up, not to the point of touching. You can hold them there a second and it will create muscle without risk. good luck! Look online for videos of these options or ask at a class.