What genre of music do you work out to?

Options

Replies

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Whatever the latest pop music is. Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris, Justin Bieber, whatever.

I've tried metal and hard rock, and it just become white noise. When I'm working out hard I can't differentiate the rhythm or anything anymore, and I just ends up being an annoying static.

Hip hop or EDM work ok, but they occasionally lapse into incomprehensible noise as well.

But pop music is reliable. It's deliberate structured to be catchy, upbeat, and easy to follow. It always works.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Dirty rap. Filthy actually. I hope the neighbors don't hear the music coming from my home gym at 5:45 am.

That used to be me! I had the filthiest songs you could think of and would blare it as loud as I could stand it.

Like what khia- my neck, my back
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Dirty rap. Filthy actually. I hope the neighbors don't hear the music coming from my home gym at 5:45 am.

That used to be me! I had the filthiest songs you could think of and would blare it as loud as I could stand it.

Like what khia- my neck, my back

Exactly lol!
  • nballos77
    nballos77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Navy Seals Cadences
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love fall out boy, lost prophets, walk the moon, as long as its got a good strong beat I'll listen to it!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Heavy Metal all the way...sometimes I do dubstep (Skrillex and the like)...
  • jomajoo
    jomajoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    EDM and rap
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    probably don't belong in this thread, but i don't do music while i work out. i like the silence and the space inside my own head, especially for lifting. i like thinking about what i'm doing, i guess. and i actually like a calm kind of headspace, not an all-amped-up one.

but driving, though :p i have only one seriously antisocial habit that i can think of. it's cranking the volume and opening all the windows so everyone has to hear what i think they should hear. it was especially bad when i was into this band called fokofpolisiekar about five years ago.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Christian stuff all the way!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    probably don't belong in this thread, but i don't do music while i work out. i like the silence and the space inside my own head, especially for lifting. i like thinking about what i'm doing, i guess. and i actually like a calm kind of headspace, not an all-amped-up one.

but driving, though :p i have only one seriously antisocial habit that i can think of. it's cranking the volume and opening all the windows so everyone has to hear what i think they should hear. it was especially bad when i was into this band called fokofpolisiekar about five years ago.

It is nice to have that peace and quiet and focus sometimes :smile:
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Christian stuff all the way!

:smiley:
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like heavy music. Gets me mentally focused
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Currently I am only walking and I find I do not need music as the sound of nature is enough for me. Although back when I was in my late teens and early to mid twenties when I done weights , I needed music. To be honest I liked the Rocky montage music for training lol. Cheesy I know lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Josh Groban or classical. Weird I know but that's what I like. It calms my mental space while working hard physically.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Show tunes and new country. But some of the show tunes include stuff like Rock of Ages, Jersey Boys, and other stuff with a good beat.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to podcasts, not music. If I do listen to music, it's Classic Rock.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    kawaii metal 99.9% of the time
  • MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Chalk me up as another Metal Head...have a huge workout playlist on spotify, set it to shuffle, hit play and workout for 3 and a half days never hearing the same song twice! LOL

https://open.spotify.com/user/magic1085/playlist/0iJYRAayWuGdL5cnKFveTF
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Punk rock all the way. There's a thing called heavy metal yoga that I just saw on YouTube haha! It was awesome
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I can't believe so many people like heavy metal lol