" You already blew your diet"

Options
So, I had two pieces of taco pizza the other night. Which I budgeted my kcals for and was fine going over a bit. Then the family needed milkshakes, when asked I said no thanks. That's where the above comment came in, I wanted to say I am not dieting anymore, just being healthier. But it is a conversation I have had with them before so what is the use. I would love to blow up and say that they are not helping me by making desserts every other night, and at times it feels like they are out to see me fail, but I know in the long run learning to say no to temptations more often will help me. I just want the whole " diet " thing to stop being brought up. If I decide to get a regular McDonald's hamburger without fries, that doesn't mean I am going off the rails for the day, days or weeks anymore. It is just getting so frustrating being a father of three with a wife and mother-in-law who make zero effort to make a dinner or two a week that is not so unhealthy. They order out at least 8 times a month and I will get a burger or taco and they nag me about it. About how I have gone off my diet.. okay rant over

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Though my parents try to get me to fail every time they see me. It drives me up the wall. They're like you can still eat this it'll just be your off day and let me take you out to eat. There is no off day for me. I want this so bad, and I'm not just gonna drop all the hard work and dedication I put into this weight loss.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing. Keep it up.

Maybe try again sitting down with them. Explain your goals. Ask them very sweetly if they could please support you in this and not discourage you. You aren't asking them to join you, just to be supportive.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't want family members to "know" that I am trying to lose weight. If they don't know, then they don't comment on how I am eating or the choices I am making. But if they do know, then I feel like I'll be under constant surveillance and subject to their evaluations.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    No, I didn't mean my children lost like crazy but they don't gain I meant my fiancé loses like crazy. I worded it wrong. But He's very healthy. His mother is the same way I guess just fast metabolisms. My 9 month old is 28 pounds and my 6 year old is 50 pounds. But my fiancé will go from weighing 150 to 140 over night and I can't understand how.

I think you just mean they aren't gaining excess weight (which is good), but they should gain *some* weight.

• rickiimarieee
    Options
    I know it's a good thing they don't gain but it's insane to me how much they eat without gaining anything. Yes I mean they aren't gaining excess weight but with how they are eating they should of gained atleast some. I know I would of gained like crazy eating how they do lol.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    That is true I'm more active than my fiancé though, and he still burns weight like crazy