lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    You need to take it extremely easy at first. Four years ago I went from 372 (my highest ever) to 308 in about 7 months. In the first month or so, just focus on straightening out your eating habits and maybe start trying to walk a mile or two a day.

Most important thing to remember at the beginning is not to hurt any ligaments or joints that aren't up the the task yet.

You can do this, trust me. Once you set the fat in your body on fire with even a little effort, you'll be burning so many calories you'll feel giddy and your won't be able to STOP moving.

FWIW, I kind of gave up after my girlfriend and I broke up a couple of years ago and I just stopped caring for a while. Then August 1st, I pulled my dusty scale out from under the bed and discovered I was 325. This morning I was 295.

If you don't have a dog, consider getting one (and a FitBit). They're both a non-stop reminder that it probably time for another walk.

I am to heave for a scale i needs to go to the hospital to get my weight. I do have a dog but i dont think he will walk far.

https://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-ProMax-Digital-Measure-Caliper/dp/B01EK9CXZ6/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1506479731&sr=8-1&keywords=500+lb+digital+scale

Also, my 12 year old black lab was 75 lbs and on arthritis medication two months ago. Three days ago, she weighed in at 65 lbs at the vet and moves (with no meds) like she's 5 again.

No excuses! If you don't have $30 for a scale, send me your address and I'll ship you this one from Amazon.

I thank you for the offer and no i dont have money to spend on a scale but i would not want to put you out for me.
  • kzsami
    kzsami Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on your goals! You CAN succeed. Concentrate on what you can do right now that will help you reach your goal. One step at a time!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Set up your stats in MFP and see what it gives you for calories. Get a food scale and weigh and log all your food.
    i changed the calories it seemed high to me, i set it at 2500.

My bf is 290 and his is set for 2250 but he is doing it slow and scheduled for 1 pound a week so yours doesn't seem too high.
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    kayeroze wrote: »
    I think in your circumstances, you should work with your GP and a dietician (and maybe even a cognitive behavioral therapist if food is an emotional issue) to make sure that you're losing weight safely and effectively. Diet is number one, and then exercising can come after. Just being more active by walking for 10-15 minutes at day will be beneficial. I'm unsure about the 200lbs in a year, but you will be able to lose a significant amount for sure.

I copied what kayeroze had to say hoping you would read it again

I think if you can get some help to find out why you've eaten to the point that you weigh 489 pounds and resolve that issue then you will be running that spartan race before you know it