Can't reach at 1200 calories goal to lose weight

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Swift and sudden weight gain, especially in small amounts, can possibly be water weight. Any time I have something very high in sodium my scale is up 2-3lbs the next day easily. But I do agree with others, there's a good possibility you're way underestimating how much you're actually consuming. Also if you have a very small amount to lose, like 20lbs or less, the loss is going to take A LOT longer and you will have to be super precise and careful. And you really need to be eating at least a portion of exercise calories back. Exercise is extra demand on your body's daily process, you need to fuel at least some of it. It would be a good idea to give yourself a month with accurate logging of both exercise and food consumed, and see where you are at the end of it.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Isn't roti pretty much the same as naan, except cooked in oil? According to the package, a naan the size of my hand and 1/4 inch thick is approx. 150 calories. Add 50-100 calories for the oil. I just made a homemade curry that has 17 calories per ounce, but it had very little oil added, little meat, no coconut milk, so a curry could easily have a lot more calories too. 400-500 calories might be correct, but I doubt it.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Roti is my weakness, I usually estimate it to be around 1000 calories.
  • 12ka4
    12ka4 Posts: 17 Member
    no its different than naan... and home made roti is less in calories ... bcz no processing ..and i dont use oil while making roti.. just flour and little bit water ...
  • 12ka4
    Roti is my weakness, I usually estimate it to be around 1000 calories.

1000 calories??? didnt understand
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Have you used the Recipe Builder feature here? It's awesome; it will tell you exactly how many calories are in your homemade recipes. I highly recommend using it for yours.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    The recipe builder is a great feature. It has helped me a lot to be able to eat what I love and keep my calorie levels on target.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    You really can't eat 200 more calories?
  • 12ka4
    beaglady wrote: »
    The recipe builder is a great feature. It has helped me a lot to be able to eat what I love and keep my calorie levels on target.

thx.. i will try ...
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Have you used the Recipe Builder feature here? It's awesome; it will tell you exactly how many calories are in your homemade recipes. I highly recommend using it for yours.

I agree!! I love this feature.
  • 12ka4
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    You really can't eat 200 more calories?

i can eat double of that.. just was curious and confused after reading things like " Body on starvation mode" and " eating back exercise calories" ..
    i mostly crave for biscuit
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Yep, recipe builder is superb

I'm learning to bulk out my meals to make them tasty and filling without adding many calories
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    12ka4 wrote: »
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    I also have 1200 calorie goal and think it would be very hard to eat much less especially exercising. Make sure you are weighing and logging accurately. I eat regular foods and very little low calorie foods with the exception of one zero calorie drink per day. I try to eat about 200-250 calories in the morning, 300-350 at lunch, 450-500 at dinner, 150-200 for snack, and if I exercise I have about 300 more I can use for something special. For breakfast I rotate eggs, French toast, hot and cold cereals, and smoothies mostly. Lunch I always have some protein and a reasonable side like soup or salad or fruit. For dinner I eat a 3-4 oz. portion of meat/poultry/fish, 1/2 cup carb side dish, and vegetables with butter. My snack depends on what macros I'm high on or short on during the day. You might want to screen print one of those 1000 calorie days and I'm sure lots of people can offer some more suggestions for you. Best of luck to you.

thx a lot
    my diet is like
    breakfast... brown bread 1 slice with 1 or 2sp unsalted butter + mil tea.... 230 cal
    snack... greek yogurt or 1 apple.. 70-80cal
    lunch... salad or veg fruit juice... 80-100 cal
    dinner between 5-6 pm .... Indian Tortila (roti)+ any home made curry ... 300 -400 cal
    7-8 pm ...milky tea ...80 cal
    thats my almost regular routine ...

How are you measuring/calculating the calories in your curry?
  • 12ka4

How are you measuring/calculating the calories in your curry?[/quote]

m using MFP
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited September 2017

m using MFP

Okay - but HOW. Are you eyeballing your portion, are you using a food scale, are you using a measuring cup? How do you determine how much you are eating?

Also if you made it are you using the recipe builder or are you picking someone else's homemade entry or are you picking a generic entry?
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    You could easily add some rice to that curry, and that would give you 200 calories right there!
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member

m using MFP

Okay - but HOW. Are you eyeballing your portion, are you using a food scale, are you using a measuring cup? How do you determine how much you are eating?

Also if you made it are you using the recipe builder or are you picking someone else's homemade entry or are you picking a generic entry?

Exactly. I mean how do you know how much of the ingredients - do you weigh things on a food scale, use measuring cups, guess that it's "one serving" etc.? And then which MFP database entry are you using?
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    A single tortilla in my cupboard (much thinner than naan) is 200kcal. Id like to have the recipie for this curry if its really that low