[CLOSED GROUP] 36 Pounds Challenge - Welcome!

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    157lbs this morning... boo! Thats up almost 2lbs from Friday... I did have a nice time with my husband though this weekend. I blame the rum!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    157lbs this morning... boo! Thats up almost 2lbs from Friday... I did have a nice time with my husband though this weekend. I blame the rum!
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    was 202.0 yest morn when I normally weigh. Didn't have a chance to weigh this morn. Was 203.8 after workout tonight. Gonna keep my wt at 202 as that is my low wt in a day, also makes for more of a challenge for me.
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Hello! I'm Erica, and I am exactly 36 pounds away from my goal. I am going to be a Junior in College this year and will be officially living by myself in my own condo. Which means cooking for myself! I really hope I'm able to stick to eating healthy this year and not fall back on bad habits. As I hope that I do lose the 36 pounds in 8 months, my ultimate goal is 10 months which will be my 21st birthday! Gotta look good for that day because me and my best friends are going to Vegas!!

Welcome Erica! Another birthday goal! And a 21st which is extra special!!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    WOW! Now that I posted it .. I wrote a novel! Sorry .. here are cliff notes.

Hi, Sarah 26. Excited for the challenge because it will help me reach my goal of 50lbs. Have strong drive this time to see it to the end.

Hi Sarah. Welcome! I read the long post, but replying to the short one as it reposts everytime I reply to a post :) I think you have lots of great reasons to lose weight, and we are all here for support! Thanks for sharing!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    hi,
    sorry for late reply. i am 30-35 lbs away from my target. i need a lot of motivation.

Welcome! I saw you did not log in for a while :) Well now the challenge begins, I hope it helps to keep everyone on track. We all need motivation!!!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    wohoo! The challenge begins! The first round of weigh-in has been completed, I posted a table with the results and emailed the link to everyone. We have 16 participants including me (one more than originally planned).

4.5 pounds is the challenge till September 1st!!

Let's see how it goes. This month, the rules are basic. Next month, I will try to think of something fun to mix it up a bit.

Take care & talk to you soon!
  • MissKahli
    Options
    hey everyone! super excited to be a part of this group.. looking forward to getting to know each of you, and for all us of kick some behind in this challenge!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    hey everyone! super excited to be a part of this group.. looking forward to getting to know each of you, and for all us of kick some behind in this challenge!

welcome!!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Hi, Sarah 26. Excited for the challenge because it will help me reach my goal of 50lbs. Have strong drive this time to see it to the end.

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for being so open, you def have a great goal and I wish you every success on your journey.
  • januarygal
    Options
    Hi all,
    I joined mfp about a month ago after losing about 23 pounds on my own, in the last month I have gained 4 pounds which is super frustrating. I exercise almost every day, but find portion control during meals really difficult. Hopefully I can get back on my way to a healthy weight. I hope to lose 26 pounds by January 2012 (actually I would like to do it much sooner, but I'll see how it goes)
    Good luck to all of us and I will be sending friend requests to all of you, or please feel free to add me. :wink:
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim I have exactly 36 pounds left to lose. I'm 36 with a 14 year old son he is all the motivation I need. This boy goes to football practice in the 100+ Arizona heat and complains very little. I want to show him I can commit to a goal even if it is physically stressful so when he has tough days on the field maybe just maybe he will look at good ol' mom trying to get fit and learn from that instead of seeing his dad drink beers and bark orders about how people should eat and work out.... I want to be the example and the rule. :)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I have 15 Pounds to lose but I need help! I have no idea to eat right with just a microwave to cook, and even less of a clue what to do for exercise! I am going to participate in this challenge to hopefully get to my goal weight

Hi ... I know it's not always easy to know. I looked at your diary, I think you might actually not eat enough at times. Your body might think you are in a starvation mode and you are not losing anymore for this reason. Maybe add 200 kcal every once in a while, 2-3 days/week. Or try not to go under your daily goal. This way, it is also easier to stick with it long-term.
    For exercise, I can really recommend running 3 miles 4-5 times a week. It really helps. If you cannot run, start with walking fast and then start running a little more every time ... if you do that you can also eat a little more without feeling guilty.
    Anyone else has some advice?
    I totally agree with that starvation mode thing. I have had issue with this too. Your body needs a certain amount of fuel to function correctly and if it doesn't have it weird things happen. What do you mean by only a microwave to cook with? You don't have a stove or oven? How about a BBQ or a Crockpot? I think I'd have issues with just a microwave too! I'd google healthy microwaveable recipes and see what you could find. I know you can make steamed rice and veggies in the microwave. As for excersice... just move it:wink: Walk, run, swim, do yard work, get an exercise video... even the cheap ones work just to give you an idea of what to do to burn calories. 15lbs will go quick as soon as you get in a routine... just keep at it and stay positive:flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hi all,
    I joined mfp about a month ago after losing about 23 pounds on my own, in the last month I have gained 4 pounds which is super frustrating. I exercise almost every day, but find portion control during meals really difficult. Hopefully I can get back on my way to a healthy weight. I hope to lose 26 pounds by January 2012 (actually I would like to do it much sooner, but I'll see how it goes)
    Good luck to all of us and I will be sending friend requests to all of you, or please feel free to add me. :wink:
    I have issues with portion control too so one thing i do is drink lots of water to help me feel more full. Another thing is when I feel super hungry I prepare meals that I know I can eat more of like Stirfry's or I get a huge helping of veggies as a side to fill up on. Oh and also... I ALWAYS use a smaller plate. It's mind over matter... If I use a smaller plate I can fill it up and make myself feel like I have a larger portion of food.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I have 15 Pounds to lose but I need help! I have no idea to eat right with just a microwave to cook, and even less of a clue what to do for exercise! I am going to participate in this challenge to hopefully get to my goal weight

Hi ... I know it's not always easy to know. I looked at your diary, I think you might actually not eat enough at times. Your body might think you are in a starvation mode and you are not losing anymore for this reason. Maybe add 200 kcal every once in a while, 2-3 days/week. Or try not to go under your daily goal. This way, it is also easier to stick with it long-term.
    For exercise, I can really recommend running 3 miles 4-5 times a week. It really helps. If you cannot run, start with walking fast and then start running a little more every time ... if you do that you can also eat a little more without feeling guilty.
    Anyone else has some advice?
    I totally agree with that starvation mode thing. I have had issue with this too. Your body needs a certain amount of fuel to function correctly and if it doesn't have it weird things happen. What do you mean by only a microwave to cook with? You don't have a stove or oven? How about a BBQ or a Crockpot? I think I'd have issues with just a microwave too! I'd google healthy microwaveable recipes and see what you could find. I know you can make steamed rice and veggies in the microwave. As for excersice... just move it:wink: Walk, run, swim, do yard work, get an exercise video... even the cheap ones work just to give you an idea of what to do to burn calories. 15lbs will go quick as soon as you get in a routine... just keep at it and stay positive:flowerforyou:
    Just checked into it... Cooks.com and Allrecipes.com have a microwavable meal section:smile:
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for being so open, you def have a great goal and I wish you every success on your journey.

Thank you! I was pretty open, lol, it all just came pouring out of me! I guess I needed to get it off my chest so thanks for reading it! Good luck with your journey as well. :)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Hi everyone, 3rd day into our challenge. I want to go and workout, but I got a blister from my running shoes last week that I ignored, and it got really bad over the weekend. So now I cannot do much. I was thinking to go running bare foot with a big bandaid to avoid making things worse by wearing my shoes again. Or swimming. But it's hard to motivate myself. the blister is such a good excuse ... but if I want to make the 4.5 pounds, I will have to get off my butt ....
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Can the spreadsheet be changed to reflect that my goal is to lose 36 lbs? I changed my ticker to reflect my final goal instead of my first goal so it should be more consistant with what everyone else is doing. I just really get motivated by achieving a goal so I keep my goals more quickly acheivable.
  • januarygal
    Options
    Three days in and doing okay
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hi everyone, 3rd day into our challenge. I want to go and workout, but I got a blister from my running shoes last week that I ignored, and it got really bad over the weekend. So now I cannot do much. I was thinking to go running bare foot with a big bandaid to avoid making things worse by wearing my shoes again. Or swimming. But it's hard to motivate myself. the blister is such a good excuse ... but if I want to make the 4.5 pounds, I will have to get off my butt ....
    Maybe this little sorry will help motivate... or maybe it'll just make ya laugh but i'm gonna share anyway! So about a month ago my family went camping. We like to have fish and hang out by the lake and of course there is beer involved. We had been drinking all day and decided we wanted some hard stuff so we got some whiskey (my choice) and Jager (sister's fav). We drank both those bottles so quickly that I don't really remember much more but the next morning I woke up without a phone, sunglasses, or shoes (still lost to this day). On the bottom of both of my feet were giant blisters! I remembered going for a walk wearing my husbands boots so i blame them for the blisters for a few day but after doctoring them up and looking closer it just didn't make sense that those boots would have caused them in that location. As it turned out I was playing around next to the fire and managed to step on hot embers that had popped out of the pit!

I used those blisters as an excuse for a little while but then I just wrapped them babies up and put on thick socks and all was good!