What annoys you?

Options

Replies

• Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    People not understanding proper hand signals. People biking on sidewalks and not obeying the correct cycling laws/courtesy. People in front of me at a stop sign on their cell phone, making me balance on my bike, making it seem like it is a life changing decesion to go left, right or straight. Peoples knees.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When people post an emo status on Facebook and then don't elaborate. "I've been crying all day"... okay... why? I typically don't ask why because I know they're just looking for attention, but still. It drives me crazy.

Also, people who don't accelerate fast when the light turns green. I'm not a batty driver but I like to accelerate quickly so I can get up to my 5 miles above the speed limit so I can get to my destination in a decent amount of time. If it takes you intersection to ANOTHER intersection to get up to 45, I will tailgate you and try to pass you so I can go 45.

SO with you on that first one!!!
  • Winstonandgilly
    Options
    I annoy myself because I don't have enough self discipline to stop "grazing" and snacking.
  • MelissaLu
    Options
    when people assume "skinny" girls have it so easy, lol. I have issues, too, darn it. For instance, my thighs do NOT match my body size at ALL.....

MHM! I agree with skinny girls having issues. And no girl thinks they're skinny, no matter what weight lol. Take it from me, I've lost so much and still feel fat from time to time. Uh dur =D

I think the skinny girls mentioned may try to show off skin as well because of insequirity. They want proof that they aren't as bad as they think they are by seeing how men react or if they can get attention.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    People getting on to me about being a health freak or a gym rat, smacking/popping gum, slow walkers around my university, people not using blinkers or leaving them on, and when people are being rude for no reason!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I hate skinny people who say they are fat when they are clearly underweight.
    I hate people who know I am changing my eating habits and say "want to go to McDonald's" Then get mad when I say no.
    I hate people who drive past me a honk when I go for a run.
    I hate greasy foods now that I have been off of them for a month (they make me physically sick)
    I hate people who say it is okay for their kids to be heavy because they can outgrow it.
    I can go on and on but I will stop now :tongue:
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Well tonight it is Non-Child siblings that tell me how to parent, disipline, control or otherwise my kids. *all of whom are 6 and under* Like my kids should be perfect little angels sitting still at all times, never whining or crying or asking question. Implying that I am not doing anything to 'make my kids behave the way they expect them too. Seriously... Can't wait till they have kids and have to deal with a sleepy toddler having a meltdown because they had to be at a function for the family and naptime wasn't an option...

Sorry, just got my feelings hurt by a sister (skinny *kitten* no kid having stuck up sister) that told me that my kids were just horrible at my brothers wedding...... and yet I had several compliments from my new sister in law's family about how well behaved they were. ARG!
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    it annoys me when people use weight loss forums to vent. oh wait... where are we? lol jk. It bugs the crap out of me when people are eating 500 to 1000 calories... and they can't figure out why they're NOT losing... or people asking about different diets on the MFP forum. Hello... this isn't Weight Watchers... or Atkins... etc. etc.
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    People who eat with their mouth open, or smack, or crack their gum....
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    when people assume "skinny" girls have it so easy, lol. I have issues, too, darn it. For instance, my thighs do NOT match my body size at ALL.....

MHM! I agree with skinny girls having issues. And no girl thinks they're skinny, no matter what weight lol. Take it from me, I've lost so much and still feel fat from time to time. Uh dur =D

I think the skinny girls mentioned may try to show off skin as well because of insequirity. They want proof that they aren't as bad as they think they are by seeing how men react or if they can get attention.

no, I know where the OP was coming from. I was just listing my annoyance. (I do typically wear far more clothing than what is posted in my profile pic, lol). I've never had to work at it before now, and now I am doing it to train, and I think its pretty funny to see how many calories I eat versus how I probably used to eat before I ever paid attention to all of this - never having to watch or think about calories. But these thighs o' mine. Oh me oh my.... smh
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    if people have road bikes going on sidewalks actually damages the tire quicker and in some states it is illegal for them to be on the sidewalk, and skinny girls still have body issues and have different ideas of what makes them "fat". a skinny girl used to weighing 110 and suddenly weighs 120 may still be skinny in your eyes but to her she looks like hell. I'm 5'5 and i weigh 140 lbs to a lot of people i look fine, im healthy and all but for a long time i weighed 120 and i went through a lot of bad things that ended up with me weighing what i do and what annoys me is when people see me working out, or hear that im on a diet and say : "why are YOU doing this? you look fine! or you're skinny!!".
    Hopefully you would agree that you are not fat. This poster was saying she hates when skinny girls say they are fat. There is a big difference between being dissatisfied with your weight and actually thinking you are a blimp. But mostly I think she hates it when skinny girls complain they are fat, but do other things to let you know that they don't really think they're fat.

Amen Katie! Agreed 100%. It's rather annoying when skinnier girls wearing string bikinis (most with their cheetoh colored skin LOL) whine about being fat. I mean, really? It's called being bloated, not fat. Shut up already.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    When people post an emo status on Facebook and then don't elaborate. "I've been crying all day"... okay... why? I typically don't ask why because I know they're just looking for attention, but still. It drives me crazy.

Also, people who don't accelerate fast when the light turns green. I'm not a batty driver but I like to accelerate quickly so I can get up to my 5 miles above the speed limit so I can get to my destination in a decent amount of time. If it takes you intersection to ANOTHER intersection to get up to 45, I will tailgate you and try to pass you so I can go 45.

SO with you on that first one!!!

haha.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Well tonight it is Non-Child siblings that tell me how to parent, disipline, control or otherwise my kids. *all of whom are 6 and under* Like my kids should be perfect little angels sitting still at all times, never whining or crying or asking question. Implying that I am not doing anything to 'make my kids behave the way they expect them too. Seriously... Can't wait till they have kids and have to deal with a sleepy toddler having a meltdown because they had to be at a function for the family and naptime wasn't an option...

Sorry, just got my feelings hurt by a sister (skinny *kitten* no kid having stuck up sister) that told me that my kids were just horrible at my brothers wedding...... and yet I had several compliments from my new sister in law's family about how well behaved they were. ARG!

Aww, hugs, sweetie!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Please no one get offended if this is you... But

I HATE when parents use those kid leashes.... You know, the backpacks that have a leash on them.

And don't say anything along the lines of "People who don't have kids wouldn't understand"... I DO have a kid. .. My dog get a leash, not my kid.
  • punk_mama
    Options
    I hate when people think they are better than the world. And since they are better, everyone has to hear their opinion. Like "oh you got a hair cut......you should have cut it shorter it would look nicer" "your pants make you look skinny" (so am I a whale without pants? cause i'v been working out b***h!!!:explode: ) "did you get high lights?" (no) "well highlights would look nice" or when I am trying to make a patient happy and tell my story of said patient and queen of the world thinks it's stupid that a 39yr old who had major surgery would miss and want her family to be with her in the hospital. (the family lives in India!) she tells me the patient needs to grow up!!!! have a flipping' heart geeeeze!!!!

Hahaha can you tell this is a little fresh???:glasses:
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I hate when people think they are better than the world. And since they are better, everyone has to hear their opinion. Like "oh you got a hair cut......you should have cut it shorter it would look nicer" "your pants make you look skinny" (so am I a whale without pants? cause i'v been working out b***h!!!:explode: ) "did you get high lights?" (no) "well highlights would look nice" or when I am trying to make a patient happy and tell my story of said patient and queen of the world thinks it's stupid that a 39yr old who had major surgery would miss and want her family to be with her in the hospital. (the family lives in India!) she tells me the patient needs to grow up!!!! have a flipping' heart geeeeze!!!!

Hahaha can you tell this is a little fresh???:glasses:

LOL YES! ... I was thinking "Hmmmm, I wonder if she has a certain person in mind" LOL
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I'm a hairstylist...

I hate when I'm doing someone's hair and they tell me I'm wrong.... "The color's only suppose to sit on my head for 10 minutes."
    "No, mam, this colorline we use has to sit on for 30 minutes or the color wont take."
    "No, it's 10 minutes!"... UGHS!

Or when you ask the last time they colored their hair, and they say "I've never colored my hair"... and You're looking at 4 inches of outgrowth where it goes from brown to blonde. LOL...

Or when I get my hair done, and people tell me they don't like it.... Who cares what you think, I'm the hairstylist, I can do whatever I want to do with my own hair!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid if I get going, I'll never stop, but I will list just one to start, and edit later:
    -When people are passive-aggressive. Just deal with it and get it over with!!!!
  • sarahlynnew
    Options
    I hate it when people have their phones on speaker sitting on their purse in the cart and are walking around the store "yelling" into the phone and you can hear the other person. Then they get mad at you for laughing about what you hear! Come on. If you cared that I listened then why have it on speaker phone. And it just makes you stand in my way longer cause you talking right in front of what I want on the shelf!
    I also hate it when people don't accept that what they did makes a person mad and gets defensive. I mean emotions happen in every situation. Let me be mad about you eating my last breakfast bar. It will pass. But if you get an attitude with me because I'm mad just makes it worse. So accept that sometimes you will piss people off and you just have to let them go through the motions!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I hate it when some people think I get offended when in actual fact I don't...

I may come cme across as serious sometimes -, that's just me not being able to communicate properly...

I've lived through a lot and seen/heard enough to know better...

Behind my screen in laughing..:laugh:

I hate how opinionated I can be.....didn't think I was that bad!