Starting C25K tomorrow, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday feel free to add me!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, you can add me if you would like more help & encouragement.

I just (within the last 2 hours), finished the first day. NEVER been a runner. Played soccer for 8 years, but I didn't have to run miles to be good at the sport. During the mile run tests in school, couldn't get very far with that and always ended up walking & being the last one to finish.

How'd my first day go. I'm proud of myself! I'm doing it on the treadmill right now; walked at 3.0 and ran at 5.0 (has anyone else started on treadmill? is the running speed too fast to begin with? I mean, I was okay with it, but I was curious what others start at). I finished and didn't feel like I was going to die. Can't wait to do it again. My end goal is to run a half marathon at Disney in California next year!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, you can add me if you would like more help & encouragement.

I just (within the last 2 hours), finished the first day. NEVER been a runner. Played soccer for 8 years, but I didn't have to run miles to be good at the sport. During the mile run tests in school, couldn't get very far with that and always ended up walking & being the last one to finish.

How'd my first day go. I'm proud of myself! I'm doing it on the treadmill right now; walked at 3.0 and ran at 5.0 (has anyone else started on treadmill? is the running speed too fast to begin with? I mean, I was okay with it, but I was curious what others start at). I finished and didn't feel like I was going to die. Can't wait to do it again. My end goal is to run a half marathon at Disney in California next year!

I am using a treadmill, and my speeds were 3 for walking and 4.5 for running. It felt a little easy on the running but I didn't want to overdo it on the first day :) I've never been a runner and always had to walk the mile tests in high school.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I got up early this morning (big accomplishment not to push the snooze button) and did my first day. It wasn't easy, but it definitely wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! How about the ones doing day one today, how did it go?
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Really happy with my fitness progress! Started last fall got to week 4 and then it got too cold for me to want to be outside. This year I've only done a day here or there. Today I was feeling good so I tweaked what my app told me to do. Here's what I did:

5 min Warm-Up

Alternate
    3.5 min Jog/Run
    90 sec Walk

60 sec Jog/Run
    5 min Cool Down
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I started this last week and although my shins have been killing me every time (it'll help probably with running shoes which I plan on buying later this month when I have the money), I found running easier when I started week two yesterday. I haven't run for about 12ish years when I played soccer but that has no effect on my running now. I don't like running but I'm warming up to it. I don't know if I'll love it by the end of these 9 weeks but I still know that it's healthy for me and it's because of this that I'll continue doing it.
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so happy I finished this it got late so I did this on my elliptical after a morning and afternoon lighter workout. I thought I was going to stop half way threw but I pushed threw and the music from podrunner c25k was awesome... If you like techno... I can't wait to do this again....
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Wow I am so happy I finished this it got late so I did this on my elliptical after a morning and afternoon lighter workout. I thought I was going to stop half way threw but I pushed threw and the music from podrunner c25k was awesome... If you like techno... I can't wait to do this again....
    GREAT JOB on Pushing Thru!!!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I got up early and did Day 2 of C25K. I went ahead and did week 4 day 1 since I ran for intervals of 3.5minutes on day 1(two days ago). My legs have been a little sore so if they are really uncomfortably sore when I wake up in the morning I will drop back down to week 1 and start from there so my legs can get build up their strength.

Today I was "sucking more wind" than on Tues but the workout seemed shorter so that was nice.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Yeah i messed up and started doing week 2 day 2 instead of week 1 day 2. LOL. I was running thinking I should be about done done and I looked and it said I still had 45 seconds left and I thought dag I am really feeling this today, I've only been running 15 seconds, then the walk came up and said 2 minute walk, then I noticed I had the wrong day. Too early in the morning. But at least I now I can probably do week 2. It seemed shorter for me this time too. I just can't wait for cool weather, I don't do well in heat AT ALL so I've been running at 6:30, but today the air was so thick you couldn't hardly breathe!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Went ahead and did day 3 today(I did day 2 yesterday) as I won't have time tomorrow. I woke up with no soreness in my legs so I decided to continue on with week 4. Stretching my legs yesterday before and after C25K really helped. Here's what I've been doing:

Stand on 1 leg, point your other foot up and then down. Repeat multiple times. While in the same position I roll my ankle around in circles, clockwise and counter clockwise. The other thing I've done yesterday and today during the walking warm up is alternate between walking on my tip toes and heels for 30-60secs. I'm sure it looks a little silly but I didn't have any soreness in my legs last night or this morning so it might be helping.

How is everyone else doing with C25K??? Great I hope!!!
  • wvualum
    Options
    I also stand with my toes on a curb or step and stretch my calves. Feels soooo good. I did Day 2 yesterday. Going to do Day 3 in the morning. I do Zumba on my nonrunning days. I much prefer the running to the zumba. It is really hard, of course if I could dance a lick that would probably help some. I can't wait until next week. I am looking forward to upping my running, to see how I do with it.
  • phawley13
    Options
    Did week 2 day 1 last night, and I was happy to be running/ walking a little longer it was a little easier to me than switching back and forth so often. It was still really hard for me especially since I pushed myself on the last running so I was almost sprinting and it lasted a little longer than I expected so it hurt but I am still glad I did it. I can't wait till the end though because the path I walk sometimes is just shy of the 3.2 miles so that is what I am hoping to be able to run by the end. so far I can walk it in about 40 min, so here is hoping
  • fatherdowling
    fatherdowling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm currently repeating week 4. Didn't do it for a few days and those 5 min runs get tough! I'm definitely seeing progress though. Keep going! :)
  • wvualum
    Options
    I finished Week 2 Day 1 yesterday. It was a little rough, but it wasn't horrible. I was really tired to start being a Monday and all, so I think tomorrow, I will do a lot better.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    This afternoon my boyfriend decided to do C25K with me, Week 5 Day 1. I wish I had gotten up off the couch to do it at 8am instead of 1pm when it was 80 degrees outside. Oh well, it will give me motivation to do it earlier next time. It was nice to have someone to talk to during the walk times even tho during the running times, he was ahead of me. He is more of a runner and I am more of a jogger at the moment.
  • phawley13
    Options
    we are still having rain almost every night so my poor elliptical is getting all my attention, oh well but I noticed my knee hurting a bit yesterday so I will have to wear my knee brace from here on out when I do this until my knee gets stronger again. still excited though.

I should mention that I have never been a good runner, and when we had gotten the elliptical I could barley go 10 min before I was panting, I got to the point where I could run a ten min mile, running the entire time but it was bad, I couldn't breath or anything. I was so happy when I did this the first time and was on there for 30 min never stopping. I had tried to do intervals on my own while watching tv and just running during commercials and that didn't work.

I am so glad that this program is getting me going again.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 done. I was a little scared before doing this one when I saw that I run 8 mins, walk 5, run 8 mins. Yesterday was run 5 min, walk 3, run 5 min, walk 3 min, run 5 min. But I did it! My hip felt a little sore but not real bad. . We've been doing a lot of burpees(75 yesterday) and yesterday was Chest/Back day-Supreme 90 Day. So needless to say my chest muscles ached with every swing of my arms. But I'm not complaining. I am to happy that I could jog for 8 minutes straight!!! :0)
  • wvualum
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 done. I was a little scared before doing this one when I saw that I run 8 mins, walk 5, run 8 mins. Yesterday was run 5 min, walk 3, run 5 min, walk 3 min, run 5 min. But I did it! My hip felt a little sore but not real bad. . We've been doing a lot of burpees(75 yesterday) and yesterday was Chest/Back day-Supreme 90 Day. So needless to say my chest muscles ached with every swing of my arms. But I'm not complaining. I am to happy that I could jog for 8 minutes straight!!! :0)

That is awesome. Way to go!!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Okay so I am seriously a little worried about tomorrows c25k week 5 day 3. Week 5 has definitely upped the bar every day this week. First 5 min runs(3x), Second 8 min runs(2x) and now tomorrow is going to be a 20 min run. Agh! Deep breath. Tomorrow I will do my best and hopefully it be 20 min.