"Who wants to be a hot mom?!" Group 1 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    Welcome to the group Soni and Ampjorgensen.

I had a good weekend, but was still surprised when I got on the scale this morning. I still have to get my workout in which I will do when I am finished with this post. I am hoping and praying that everyone has a good weigh in this morning.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Here are the results for the week 1 weigh in, if your weigh in is not recorded or is recorded wrong please message me and I'll update the chart. Please make sure that you message me and not post it to my wall (do to having so much activity on my wall I may not see your post).
    Great job ladies!! Also if you have a close friend that you would like to have on our team, message me and I'll add them to the list.
    mQSxL.jpg
  • med79
    Options
    Great 1st week ladies! Let's kick it into high gear and see what we can do in week 2 :bigsmile:
    GfBfb.jpg
  • med79
    Options
    This is so inspirational. I started mfp at 219 pounds. I am currently at 193 my pre-pregnancy weight, but when I met my husband I weighed 165. my first goal to be in wonderland i met in less then 3 months. Now my goal is to reach 165 by my birthday october 5th. I just started running again. I used to run all the time. Its very relaxing for me even though right now its killing me running as far as I want.
    Would you like to join our group? I'll add you if you would like :) Just message me with your week 1 weigh in weight and your goal weight. We'd love to have you :)
  • med79
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? Remember to drink that water :drinker: and to do something active today!
    Live life to the fullest - Laugh often - and Love yourself enough to make the change :happy:
    We can do this!
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    WTG ladies on a great first week. We can do it. Keep up the hard work.

Eat right
    Drink water
    Exercise
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well I've been working on changing things around with my calories and workouts this week, so we'll see how this works out with my weight! Great job everybody!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM – ALL GROUPS UPDATE!!

Hello, future hot moms! I noticed no one was tracking the 10 separate groups, so I thought I’d jump in! Basically, I love to track ANYTHING, I was bored today, and I want to instill some friendly group competition. Here are the group totals from 7/25’s weigh-in:

GROUP 1 – Lost 14.7 pounds (6 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 2 – Lost 0.6 pounds (4 out of 7 members reporting)
    GROUP 3 – Lost 16.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 4 – Lost 11.7 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 5 – Lost 2.8 pounds (4 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 6 - No Check-Ins (0 out of 7 members)
    GROUP 7 – Lost 2.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 8 – Lost 2.8 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 9 – Lost 2.2 pounds (6 out of 9 members reporting)
    GROUP 10 – Lost 2.1 pounds (3 out of 4 members reporting)

GRAND TOTALS – 55 moms checked in, 55.9 pounds lost

Bragging rights go to Group 3 for losing the most weight! (Yay, team! That’s my group!!)

But before you get too excited, I also calculated the “% to GW” totals for each group. This is important, as there are major weight differences between each group with each member having a different amount of pounds to lose to reach her goal weight. I also could only calculate this percentage for the members who reported a GW. Here are the “% to GW” totals:

GROUP 1 – 2.62%
    GROUP 2 – 0.17%
    GROUP 3 – 6.3%
    GROUP 4 – 2.82%
    GROUP 5 – 0.36%
    GROUP 6 – No Check-Ins
    GROUP 7 – 1.46%
    GROUP 8 – 2.24%
    GROUP 9 – 1.18%
    GROUP 10 – 16.41%

Bragging rights go to Group 10 for the highest percentage!

Now you know how the other groups are doing.

Will someone please, oh please, adopt Group 6? I’d volunteer my group, but I’m not a captain.

Any suggestions for future updates? Did you find this helpful at all?? If yes, I can put all this info in an official chart and do it each week. Send me a message , and let me know! I included all the group names below, in case other captains want to check out what the other groups are doing….

Good luck with Monday’s weigh in!!

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is our weigh in day on Monday? I generally weight myself on Sunday, so I think I'll continue to do so and just check that # in on Mondays.
  • med79
    Options
    That sounds great soni :) I do the same thing.
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    current weight 235.8lbs :) 15lbs to my first goal!!
  • med79
    Options
    Here's our week 2 stats... sorry it's a little late, I was trying to wait for more of us to check in :)
    yRJfS.jpg
    Great job ladies! I've been at Bush Garden's so I really didn't loose much of anything but I was just happy not to gain :)
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/1 Weigh-In

CDWwq.png

Way to go, Groups 3 & 4!! You've had two weeks of all members checking in, and your numbers are showing the difference!

One member suggested listing "% of weight loss" per group. When I ran the numbers, I didn't feel they were a good reflection of the weight lost, as some members only have to lose a very small percentage of their current weight to get to their goal weights while others have to lose a much larger percentage. Let's just keep on tracking "% to GW." Hopefully, some groups will make it to the GW's before the challenge ends!

Please take a minute to review the following goal weights and percentages for your team listed below. I received these numbers from either the original "Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom" posting or from your group posting. This "Goal Weight" is the weight you would like to be on December 31, 2011 -- the official end of this challenge. If your goal weights are not accurate, then the "% to GW" column will not reflect your progress. For example, members with "% to GW" of 8.69% or higher as of today are on track to reach their group goal weights by December 31.

yOzTG.png

If you are below 8.69%, don't sweat it! You still have 21 weeks to get to your GW! If you would like to make a change, just send me a message.

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I didn't get my weigh in #'s in on time. For week 2, I'm at 246 (Yay!!!)

We're doing great! Keep up the great work, ladies!!!
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We are doing GREAT ladies!!! Lets keep it up. WE have lost more weight than any of the other teams, even more so with Soni's weight in there!!!

We should all be doing something active for atleast 30 minutes a day, be it cleaning, walking, laundry, what ever.....I know we all have kids and are running around but we need to do this for us and our families so we can enjoy them more.

Don't forget your water too! So important, especially in this heat. I usually drink between 60-80 ounces a day. Here is a link to a site that will give you how many ounces you should be drinking. (might be a little overkill, mine says 124 ounces, or if I'm eating healthy then 99.2 ounces) but it will tell give you an idea of how much you should be drinking.

Stick with it ladies, we are on our way!!!

Hugs to you all - Kelly
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Ha, well I guess the link would be helpful.......

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

:smile:
  • med79
    Options
    Wow! Mine says 149 ounces....that's a lot of water! I'll give it a try though and see if it helps so bottoms up :drinker:
    Thanks Kelly!
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Is this the rocking group or what?

Hi girls! I have been so busy studying but I will be in touch more often.

Ecwy7.jpg
  • med79
    Options
    Here's our group 1 week 3 results :bigsmile:
    lOrEC.jpg
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Keep it up group 1. Even staying the same weight is better than a gain, so hang in there! We can do it!