October 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    I guess I made up for not running yesterday...
    Oct. 2 - 8.67km
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    @WhatMeRunning Nice to see you back :)

@KatieJane83 Sorry you're injured :(

@7lenny7 Great pics as usual!

10/2 Walked .9 mile with hubby. It was very difficult for him and I felt bad for him. Took us 19 min. I guess a year of sickness really took a toll on him. I hope he doesn't give up.

Later I walked .5 mile, ran/walked 3, then walked .5 cool down. First mile running was painful and slow. Lots of stretching. I don't know what's up with me lately. But each mile got better.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Love the return of so many familiar folks!!!!!! @7lenny7 love the pics!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I have another goal for the month, and that is no alcohol. Yesterday I woke up tired from a night out to celebrate my birthday (it's today!!) and pretty much canned ALL of my plans. Not stupidly hungover, but just didn't do anything. I don't drink excessively all the time, but can have weekends where I don't do what I want to do, get tired, and don't meet my running goals. So I'm having a month off alcohol to see what it does to my body. It won't be a permanent change as I like the odd beer, cocktail or glass of wine, but it will be nice to have a break.
    That's how I started off...I made a small rule to not drink if I had work the next day. Of course, that meant that I went completely nuts on Fridays and Saturdays, but in a relatively short time, I kinda just stopped drinking altogether. I didn't mean for it to happen that way, it just did. The original intent was to just cut back my consumption, but it's coming close to two years now without, and to be honest I don't really miss it.

Oh, and happy birthday!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    @skippygirlsmom I actually love laying back down and falling asleep again, but usually when it happens I have somewhere important that I need to be!

@KatieJane83 Sorry to hear about the injury - hope it gets better with treatment.

@7lenny7 That was still a great run, and those pictures are terrific!

@WhatMeRunning Great to see you again!

No early morning start for me today! Upside is that I get to sleep in; downside is that I don't get to enjoy the cooler morning air, so tonight's run was back to 84F. Oh well, it's only for a few miles, so nothing to complain about too much. Mentally I'm pretty much prepared for Sunday's marathon, but physically I'm starting to feel every single ache and pain as the running winds down. It's kinda amazing how your body basically just ignores it all when you're piling on the miles.

01 - 5.26

Total: 5.26 / 100 miles
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited October 2017
    October Running Challenge
    Goal: 80 km
    Ran: 9 /80 km

3/10/17 Run 9 km

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Must be a trail runner - these are the descriptions of my two club run choices this Thursday -

Long run:
    7.5 miles across rolling farmland and tracks to Backwell woods and back. It’s dairy country with contented cows and horses out in the fields, therefore cow poo, mud and stinging nettles. The last mile is unavoidably on country lanes, so hi-viz vests are essential.

Short run :
    5.5 miles, also through Nailsea's wildest cow country.
    Expect nettles and exceptional slurry, you lucky people.

Both of those full me with glee. Mud, yay!! Cow poo, yay!!!' Slurry, yay!!!!!!

Nettles - definitely not yay. Although....nettle stings take your mind off aching calf muscles.

A liberal coating of DDT will handle the Nettles. Take the long run and watch your step :) That is what I would do.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    10/1-6.2 miles 1270 Feet Elevation
    10/2- REST
    10/3- 9

Total Miles: 15.2
    Total Elevation: 1270

October goal: Survive 100k training taper and Wild Duluth 100k
    Nominal Mileage goal: 100 miles.
    Elevation goal: 15000ft

Today's notes: Nothing much with today's run. Got up to the sound of pouring rain, laced up my shoes and got it done. 9 miles at 9:20 easy pace... Saw some pretty cloud to cloud lightening, but other than that, pretty bland run.

Have a runderful day all!

2017 Races Scheduled
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon 4:24:06
    7/15- Eugene Curnow Trail Marathon 7:22:23
    8/12- UMTR FatAss "Not Quite" 50k DNF, too darn hot out
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon 6:24:36
    10/21 Wild Duluth 100k
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    It was a crisp -6 (21 for you fahrenheit enthusiasts :D ) this morning, loved it.

Trying to figure how far out from Whistler I should schedule my last PT appointment for my piriformis. I think Wednesday night (racing Saturday morning) is a good stretch? So much more precision needed on this one :/

October 1- 28+7
    October 2- 18
    October 3- 20

73/450km
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    It was a crisp -6 (21 for you fahrenheit enthusiasts :D ) this morning, loved it.

Trying to figure how far out from Whistler I should schedule my last PT appointment for my piriformis. I think Wednesday night (racing Saturday morning) is a good stretch? So much more precision needed on this one :/

October 1- 28+7
    October 2- 18
    October 3- 20

73/450km

Wednesday sounds good, or maybe Thursday? Your weather must have turned the corner. Waiting for that to happen here, looking forward to the cooler temps.
  • RockinLG
    RockinLG Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in for 75 miles this month!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    @skippygirlsmom Good for you. Coaches need to learn how to motivate without setting ridiculous goals.
    2 miles on the ellipitical thius AM with very high resistance

exercise.png
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    You stay off line for 3 days and you miss 7 pages. No time to catch up!

10/2 2.70 miles (technically it was 2.68 but I paced in front of my house until I hit 2.7 because even/round numbers)

Total: 2.7/I haven't decided yet. Maybe 20 again?