Options
    I'm in for 40 miles in 16 runs.
    2 OCT 2.59 mi
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    10/1: 5.16km
    10/2: 5.17km

Much slower and tougher pace today, think 4 days on the go is my limit for now - it’s only month two back on the MFP case!

October goal - 10.33/60 kms

@carolineb81 well done on your first double figures run! Hope I can be back there with you soon! I’ve never done the London marathon but have a few friends who have entered, happy to ask for some outsider knowledge for you?

@girlinahat happy (belated) birthday! Running on Dartmoor sounds like a dream.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just don't ask me about my current plans for November 1.... I think I may be crazy, and it's good my race is before that..... I might end up matching your miles through the winter/////

@MNLittleFinn what are your current plans for November 1?

Winter miles are the best miles.
  • 7lenny7
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning glad to see you back! And glad to hear the change in your workouts are serving you well!
    @skippygirlsmom it's a good thing Skip has a mom who knows better! It sounds like the coach is nuts.
    @garygse looking forward to the race report. Kick some but on the course!
    @RespectTheKitty I never have trouble sleeping. Ever. But I am sleep deprived. I'll often run at night, shower, eat, then go straight to bed.
    @JessicaMcB that looks like awesome race weather! And I'll take omelets over pancakes any day.
    @MNLittleFinn it's w-a-a-a-a-y to early to be looking at the forecast for your race, LOL! The weather guessers have a hard time getting it right a week out, much less 19 days out. I don't bother looking until a week out, and don't start putting any stock in the forecast until 3 days out. And cleaning shoes...take out the insoles and laces and toss them in the washing machine on delicate with a couple of old towels. Air dry. Some trail runners take odd pride in keeping their shoes muddy but you'll extend the life if you keep them clean. Some places will tell you not to put them in the wash, but if the shoes can handle the pounding of running they can certainly handle the delicate cycle.
    @hedkell the last time I was in the UAE I joined some hashers for a hash "run". it was 119°F so it was a fairly relaxed run. That suited me though, since I wasn't a runner at the time. We spent most of the time at the hotel beer drinking afterwards, as hashers do.
    @katharmonic congrats on a great race in spite of your tumble! Here's to a quick recovery!
    @Elise4270 noooooooo!!!! That had to be quite the sinking feeling...sorry :/
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Just don't ask me about my current plans for November 1.... I think I may be crazy, and it's good my race is before that..... I might end up matching your miles through the winter/////

@MNLittleFinn what are your current plans for November 1?

Winter miles are the best miles.

um... registering for that race you know about.... LOL... Though I'm CONSIDERING registering for a November 4 race too...... I hate the final few weeks before a big event...
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    um... registering for that race you know about.... LOL... Though I'm CONSIDERING registering for a November 4 race too...... I hate the final few weeks before a big event...

Yeah, I know.

I hear that Nov 4th race is pretty good, but I'm always hunting that weekend, so I'll probably never run it.

• 7lenny7
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Have any of you had your posts not get posted right away, pending approval of some sort? I just tried to post one and was told it would need to pass a review. I've never had that happen before.

Nevermind...I see it finally posted.

And I found out that if you edit a reviewed post, it has to go back for reviewing again...
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That was a fantastic PR. Congtrats!!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

Yeah, I know. en you get out hunting.

I hear that Nov 4th race is pretty good, but I'm always hunting that weekend, so I'll probably never run it.

If I ever get hunting again, I'll be missing fall races too. Hope you have a good weekend when you get out there
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    10/1 - rest day
    10/2 - 7.5 miles

October races

10/9 - Tufts Women's 10k
    10/29 - Bill's 5k
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Great job @7lenny7 I love the pictures.
    @KatieJane83 sorry for the ITBS diagnosis but at least you know what it is and will get a plan to fix it.

I'm really struggling this week with Skip's XC Coach. They are on Fall break this week and last night he tells me to tell the team that he's having practice today (which is fine) BUT that he wants the girls to run 50 miles this week and the boys 60 and on Saturday he will have a practice of hill repeats. SO today's practice was 4 miles that leaves 5 days for the the girls to run almost 50 miles, so 10 miles a day with no break. I told Skip not only no but hell no. At practice they run about 24 to 27 a miles a week, suddenly he wants them to run DOUBLE what they normally run at practice. Her friend is brand new to the team and her mom called me last night, I said no just no. He'll be wondering on Monday why everyone is hurt.

He insists they need more stamina, in my opinion they need shorter distances at race pace. Gotta get their little legs moving faster not longer. Some of them can run the 9 or 10 miles (maybe 6 of them including Skip), but 90% of the team can barely run 5 miles in an hour. I've mentioned to him quite a few times about the 10% rule, he's the same coach that wants them to run 500 between June 1 and August 1, another no.

Ugh! Sorry just venting.

Gald Skip has you to go to bat for her! I would say you are totally in the right! Sorry, you have to go through that though.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Oct   1     4.5        4.5 
    Oct   2     3.6T       8.1

First treadmill miles ... Fall has arrived in New England!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the congrats on my race, and sympathies on my fall! Really appreciated. I felt better than expected today. My knees are very tender but my legs are otherwise good. Surprisingly so. My ribs are the sorest part, when breathing deeply or coughing. A good night's sleep last night really helped, so I'm going to try to repeat that tonight.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom that is a huge distance jump for him to spring on XC kids at the last minute. While I am pro all the miles for stamina building with built in speedwork I think its inappropriate for the teams' purposes. Its not like he's going to be sending Skip and company to 26.2+ races! Speed work on its own sounds more prudent to me as well fwiw

@7lenny7 love the pictures, a pity about the suboptimal temp on the brew though :D

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    10/1: 3.3
    10/2: 4.2

Total: 7.5 / ???

Hoping this month will not fall apart like last month did.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom ughhh, what the kittens? You don't need to be a super experienced runner to realize the coach is insane! Seriously, is he trying to get everyone injured? Good thing Skip got a smart and caring mother, I just hope other kids don't push themselves this far. Either way, lets us know what happens.

Wishing everyone a great week!
    Prayers and warm thoughts for everyone in Vegas

Goal: 135
    Total: 15.8
    9/01 – 10.4 miles
    9/02 – 5.4 miles

Upcoming races:
    September 24 – Bachman Valley Half Marathon.
    October 22 – Gettysburg Blue-Gray Half Marathon.
    November 5 –Gettysburg Battleground Half Marathon.