Upcoming Races
    10/08 - (5k) Run the Rocks
    10/28 - (10k) Kooky Spooky
    11/18 - (10k) Turkey Trek
    12/09 - (HM) Fa La La Half Marathon
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Did my 2.8 miles before work this morning. Now I'm in the manager's office with ice on my ankle after talking to the company nurse because I rolled my ankle walking to the parking lot. There was a nice loud pop and now it's swelling up. Ugh. There goes my running goal, and my company also no longer vets the pizza party for so many days without accidents.
  • springtimez
    springtimez Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    10/2- 2 miles done
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the ankle injury @MobyCarp. I would say your plan sounds good, but this is far from your first rodeo and you know what to do. :wink:

Happy belated birthday @girlinahat. I don't think you can go wrong with either trail option. :smile:

Happy on-time birthday @ddmom0811. :lol:

Glad to hear your knee is OK @katharmonic.

Lightning does seem to ruin the best rainy runs @7lenny7.

Ouch! Hope the ankle injury is not too severe @navygrrl.

I think beer after a run is pretty amazing @seanevan10. I love it when events offer it after the race.

Your goals and schedule are pretty awesome @MNLittleFinn!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I missed seeing you around here every day! My schedule has been pretty busy this year. This month is my crazy month, then it's a month "off" getting back into training starting the middle of November at the latest.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning LOL!!! No holes in the socks after running in them? I'm supprised no old ladies stopped to tell you you'd ruin them, or that no one make a snarky remark about your "missing" shoes.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    @Elise4270 - No holes! :lol: I gave them a thorough inspection. They looked a little dirty was all. :smile: I passed a guy mowing his lawn, expecting a question or comment. All he said was, "Nice day for a run"!
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oh, and I have more of this new footwear than my collection of running shoes. :trollface::trollface::trollface:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Sounds like the coach's heart is in the right place, but he lacks experience dealing with kids.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    10/01 - Rest
    10/02 - 10 miles Z2
    10/03 - 9 miles easy Z2 in the heat

Summer Goal: Get my marathon pace below 9 minutes.
    Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

10/14/2017 - Stop, Drop, and Run - Fireman style obstacle course - 5km
    10/14/2017 - HAWAIIANS LOVE S.P.A.M. (Skin Protection Against Melanoma)
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,974 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    October goal: 70 miles

10/1: 7.7 miles
    10/3: 3 miles (intervals)

It was hot again today at lunch, but I did my interval workout anyway. It will only be hotter after work and I have Girl's Night tonight with my mom and sisters so I thought it would be better to get it done early. It wasn't too bad, but it was hotter than it has been the last few days. It's surprising how quickly you stop being acclimated to the heat. I have definitely run when it was hotter and more humid. Now I'm just waiting for work to be over so I can go eat Mexican food and drink beer.

Happy Birthday @ddmom0811!

@navygrrl Sorry about the ankle! Hope you heal quickly!

Upcoming Races:
    10/7/17: Old Rip 5K
    10/14/17: Aim at Melanoma 5K (virtual)

exercise.png

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I missed the first three days and 8 pages in! I took a little time to catch up!

Training continues for my half marathon this month along with lots of work related travel. My goal is to follow the training plan for the rest of the month with 119 miles total.

Our weather here in the South is still in the low 90's (F) for the high's and high 70's for the low temperature. Our cold front puts us in the high 70' s/low 60's. I will take the cold front, I have always said that I was born in the South because I do not like cold weather.

I signed up for a 10K in February 2018, this race's entry fee is only $15. One of my favorite races!

Also, when is the last day a donation can be made for the SPAM race? And can someone post the link?

• emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    10/1: 5.16km
    10/2: 5.17km
    10/3: 4.03km

Was supposed to be my rest day but evening plans were cancelled and I felt full of energy, so hit the gym and just took it a bit easy.

October goal - 14.36/60 kms