@seanevan10 - Thank you!
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oct goal 120 miles
    Oct 1.......11 miles.......MTD 11
    Oct 2.......11 miles.......MTD 22
    Oct 3.....,,10 miles.......MTD 32

So nice this afternoon I just couldn't stop until I got 10 miles in. Stay safe everyone.

Upcoming races
    Oct 14 Chick Fil a 5K in Sanford NC
    Nov 18 First Heath Turkey Trot HM Pinehurst NC
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 - I know exactly what you mean. :smile:
  • icemaker1
    icemaker1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    10/3
    October Goal = 100 miles
    Miles to Date - 9.38
    Miles to Go - 90.62
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. There's no visible break, which is good, but it still needs to be reviewed by the radiologist. It's sprained pretty badly, with possible torn ligaments. It's about the size of a softball right now. I had to leave my car at work because of course it's my right ankle. I'm on bed rest for a week, which sucks. My niece is going to get my car for me tomorrow.

I'm really not happy with this forced break. I was finally getting into a running groove and the weather is finally perfect.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    navygrrl wrote: »
    Thanks all. There's no visible break, which is good, but it still needs to be reviewed by the radiologist. It's sprained pretty badly, with possible torn ligaments. It's about the size of a softball right now. I had to leave my car at work because of course it's my right ankle. I'm on bed rest for a week, which sucks. My niece is going to get my car for me tomorrow.

I'm really not happy with this forced break. I was finally getting into a running groove and the weather is finally perfect.

Ack! I missed what happened! Sorry to hear you are hurt. :(
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Oh no, @navygrrl, ouch!!! Hope you aren't in too much pain. Take care of yourself and try to take advantage of the enforced rest.

I ended up going to urgent care this morning because the pain in my ribs from my fall got pretty sharp (and I may have panicked a bit about the pain and it being hard to breathe). X-ray showed no fractures, but pretty badly bruised (at least that's what the PA said, not sure if you can see that on x-ray or not). Anyway, it may take a few days to weeks to heal up and it makes sense that it felt worse in the morning as lying flat makes the muscles have to work harder to raise the chest, and they get tight overnight. Plus the ibuprofen wore off. I got some kind of topical pain reliever and will keep resting, icing, and advil popping.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @navygrrl @katharmonic hope you both heal up soon
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1---5.00
    3---3.44

8.44/80 miles

Upcoming races:
    Oct 14 AIM for the Cure- 5K, virual run 1130 central time.
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.
    Jan 27 Running the Rose. Tyler Tx. 11mi or 7k

Pre-op PR's
    1 mile 8:27  5k 24:42. 10k 1:00.52.  HM 2:17.28
    Post-op Training PR's
    1 mile 9.25  5k 34.12 10k 1:12.35, QM
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone. Just a quick check-in: ran easy 6.5 miles this morning, wearing ColdGear legging and long sleeve shirt - glorious! Heading to bed early tonight. Tuesdays are just rough for me this semester, or am I getting old?...
    Will try to catch with yall's posts tomorrow.

Goal: 135
    Total: 22.3
    9/01 – 10.4 miles
    9/02 – 5.4 miles
    9/03 – 6.5 miles

Upcoming races:
    September 24 – Bachman Valley Half Marathon.
    October 22 – Gettysburg Blue-Gray Half Marathon.
    November 5 –Gettysburg Battleground Half Marathon.

• hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    10/2 water walked against the lazy river at our rec center for 50 min (including some backward walking for the glutes) + a lot of walking while coaching my son’s track/cross country team
    10/3 I was doing work from 5 am to 6 am this morning so got a late start on my run and didn’t have time for warm up and cool down walking, but ran about 3 mi on gravel trails before work. Some light stretching before bedtime.

Cumulative miles: 8
    Goal miles: 75
    Miles to go: 67
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So yesterday I was still pretty sore from the HM so I only did some walking and yoga. Today, my IBS is being a little *kitten* so I really can't exercise due to the abdominal pain. I've even been avoiding dairy to see if it would help with my digestive issues, but apparently no dice there.

So today is a rest day. Tomorrow is bowling, so no time for running. ACK. Three days no running. I'm gonna be so out of shape. :smiley: Oh well, at least I'll get my lunch walks. Next chance to get a run will be Thursday. Oh, if only I could wake up early.....

On top of everything else, I saw my doctor today and he gave me a new medication. I'm going to start it on the weekend. I'm praying it doesn't mess me up too badly so I can get my runs in over the weekend!
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Just a quick check-in: ran easy 6.5 miles this morning, wearing ColdGear legging and long sleeve shirt - glorious! Heading to bed early tonight. Tuesdays are just rough for me this semester, or am I getting old?...
    Will try to catch with yall's

@Runningmischka I am with you on Tuesdays being rough this semester. For me trying to stick to a T/R weekday schedule is hard with 6 hours of lab on Tuesdays!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    10/1 13.3
    10/2 Rest
    10/3 4.2

Total 17.5
    Goal 120

Upcoming races
    11/25 Schaumburg HM
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Out for my regular run tonight. Kind of a sad run. I don't think I've ever seen as many suicidal toads and snakes in my entire life as I have over the past three weeks. Toads jumping across the sidewalk right in front of me as I'm running and snakes winding alongside of me and attempting to cross my path. Well after three weeks of successfully dodging reptiles and amphibians (accompanied by close calls for a sprained ankle, as well as undignified squeaks of alarm from me), I finally helped a toad find its wings tonight. Poor thing.

October 3rd - 4.03 miles

October total - 12.18/75 miles

Oh that's tramatic.