Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    10/1- 6 miles+ doggie walking
    10/2-P90X3 Total Synergystics+ doggie walking
    10/3-P90X3 Agility +7.1 hilly miles

I had a really good run last night. Beautiful sunset and moon rise all in one run.

@navygrrl -How awful for you. Hope you heal quickly!
    @katharmonic - Oh no, sorry to hear that your fall left you injured. At least you have a good "battle" story. Hope it heals quickly too!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Ok, I am in for 100 this month. The last two months have been complete flops mileage-wise, mostly because I have been busy and just dropped running off the top of the priority list, but I think I also have to admit that my hamstrings are not nearly as healed as I would like them to be. If I am ever going to be in true running shape again, I am going to need to get this issue behind me. That's why I am dropping the mileage goal a bit to focus on strength and agility. My goal is to do (almost) daily P90X3 videos and 1-2 weight sessions at the gym each week. Also going to focus on stretching, PT, foam rolling, etc. I want to run, but when I run, my legs start to hurt and I get discouraged and don't feel like running anymore. I want to want to run...you know what I mean???

Here is my month so far:

10/3-P90X3 Agility (heading out for a run now)

Also wanted to send out a big congrats to @katharmonic and @BettyM1017 on their PRs and age group wins. Stellar racing ladies!

Love P90X3! It's amazing how much you're going to accomplish in 30 minutes with this program.
  • lporter229
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Ok, I am in for 100 this month. The last two months have been complete flops mileage-wise, mostly because I have been busy and just dropped running off the top of the priority list, but I think I also have to admit that my hamstrings are not nearly as healed as I would like them to be. If I am ever going to be in true running shape again, I am going to need to get this issue behind me. That's why I am dropping the mileage goal a bit to focus on strength and agility. My goal is to do (almost) daily P90X3 videos and 1-2 weight sessions at the gym each week. Also going to focus on stretching, PT, foam rolling, etc. I want to run, but when I run, my legs start to hurt and I get discouraged and don't feel like running anymore. I want to want to run...you know what I mean???

Here is my month so far:

10/3-P90X3 Agility (heading out for a run now)

Also wanted to send out a big congrats to @katharmonic and @BettyM1017 on their PRs and age group wins. Stellar racing ladies!

Love P90X3! It's amazing how much you're going to accomplish in 30 minutes with this program.

I know, right? I was doing it pretty regularly back in the spring, but I kind of fell off schedule with the summer and increased running. That is why I am trying to step back the running goal and get back into the swing of it. I think it's a really great program for runners. I did the original P90X program a few years back and felt really strong after it, but I like that this program is shorter and seems to be more focused on agility and pliability rather than just strength. At least that's the impression I get from the first block. That is where I need the most work, especially to keep me uninjured while running.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 15 min run
    10/ 2 - rest
    10/3 - strength training and biking/rowing
    10/4 - strength training and 20 min run

Will be leaving for Durham, NC for a wedding tomorrow so I'm trying to get the workouts in when I know I can! Jealous of all of you with beautiful weather - its currently very rainy in OKC.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    LC0924 wrote: »
    10/1 - 15 min run
    10/ 2 - rest

Will be leaving for Durham, NC for a wedding tomorrow so I'm trying to get the workouts in when I know I can! Jealous of all of you with beautiful weather - its currently very rainy in OKC.

Muggy and overcast here just south of you in Ardmore.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Out for my regular run tonight. Kind of a sad run. I don't think I've ever seen as many suicidal toads and snakes in my entire life as I have over the past three weeks. Toads jumping across the sidewalk right in front of me as I'm running and snakes winding alongside of me and attempting to cross my path. Well after three weeks of successfully dodging reptiles and amphibians (accompanied by close calls for a sprained ankle, as well as undignified squeaks of alarm from me), I finally helped a toad find its wings tonight. Poor thing.

October 3rd - 4.03 miles

October total - 12.18/75 miles

exercise.png

I had this happen with bunnies the other morning. They were darting all over the place and jumping across the path in front of me. I was scared that I was going to either kick or step on one or hurt myself. Hopefully the toad had a good full life :-)
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @hjeppley 6 hours of lab? Yikes! Are you doing the lab or teaching it? Either way - that's a rough day.

I've come to you all, insightful and tech-savvy runners, with a Strava related questions. I have the following issue with my Strava application: whenever I try to get to the MFP monthly challenge club, the app "kicks me out", i.e. it just shuts down and my phone goes to home screen. I can load all my other clubs, just not this one. Did anyone encounter this issue before? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
  • seanevan10
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    @navygrrl OH NO!!!! Hope it heals quickly.
    @ddmom0811 Happy Birthday!!!! I ran on my birthday too. People thought I was crazy. Maybe I am.

So I put out a very short race report on the Sept thread for the 5k on Saturday. Nothing major really. It was hot and being a noob, I am slow. But BEER. LOL. Cold, fresh awesome Rahr&Sons Octoberfest beer.

I met last months goal with 32.31/30. I am going to make this month 35. I have SPAM on the 14th after a craft fair that I am doing and I have another 5k on the 21st. This one is much more family oriented so I am excited to have my boys come out and join.

2017 Races Scheduled
    9/30 - Rahr & Sons Octoberfest 5k (goal to just !run all the way through) - Fort Worth - 43:59

10/14 AIM at Melanoma 5k HAWAIIANS LOVE S.P.A.M. (Skin Protection Against Melanoma) - virtual for HI running club friend

10/21 - Halloween Half - 5k - Fort Worth

11/23- Keller Trot with the Turkeys 5k

12/9 - NISD Reindeer Romp 5k with the kids

Impressive performance in September! Good luck with all of the races! :)

Thanks @mustb60!!! You are killing it with lifting! I need to get back to that too.
  • seanevan10
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    LC0924 wrote: »
    10/1 - 15 min run
    10/ 2 - rest

Muggy and overcast here just south of you in Ardmore.

Raining and warm (aka muggy chewing your air, kind of heat) here in Irving, TX
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Orphia - I loved the Barkley Marathons documentary. Crazy what mind and body can do. And the guy that organizes it is such a character!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    WR50 wrote: »
    @Orphia - I loved the Barkley Marathons documentary. Crazy what mind and body can do. And the guy that organizes it is such a character!

That's a life goal race for me.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 it’s hard to want to run when it hurts to run. I hope you find your happy running place again soon.
    Yipes @navygrrl you really did a job on your ankle. Hope it’s better soon.
    @katharmonic better you went to make sure nothing was broken. I hope it’s better soon. I can’t believe you ran the race with ribs so badly bruised. You are badass girl.
    @RespecttheKitty hope the tummy is better soon. My mom suffered with IBS and the cramps and pain are no joke.
    @sarahthes I was going to ask if you too the pot roast and left then I read the rest of your post. I hope your uncle-in-law is better soon and things calm down.
    @MobyCarp glad you are able to get some miles in, your coach sounds like a typical running coach, sorry you are hurt, that sucks for the team, you’ll be ready tomorrow right? I’m glad you have your inner voice telling you healing completely is what is right for MobyCarp.
    @Ryokat sorry to hear you are a toad killer, but I gotta tell you, you post made me laugh out loud
    @ohhim glad you are feeling good about the race, you’ll definitely get it
    @ereck44 100% on Tom Petty, love him. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about Las Vegas, playing it in my mind, what do you, where do you try to go. I just can’t wrap my head around anyone being so evil that you could do something like that. There’s part of you that says I’m never going into crowded places again, then evil wins and we don’t want that. On a lighter note, I heard the praying mantis are out in full force this year.
    @Orphia I watched the Barkley a few months back after hearing so much about it. I also follow it on Facebook. Insane huh?! A couple local guys have run it.
    @cburke8909 I’m cracking up at your moving calculator
    @MNLittleFinn muddy rainy trails is like a big mud slip and slide
    @girlinahat wow they close the road, that is wild. I have a frog/toad phobia, I would probably die if I was on that road during crossing. I had 2 big bull frogs in my pond for a while, I named them Mike and Molly. I HATED them, I’d walk out the back door and they would jump and scare the crap out of me. The local elementary school made and outdoor classroom complete with a big pond, I offered up Mike and Molly (along with my HUGE koi fish), but I had to catch them to take them. OMG I was crying trying to get them in a big Rubbermaid tub. Ha ha
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom that's more than you know! I've been doing mostly hill runs on the green circle ski slopee... total slip and slide after the rains... good for footing practice and working the core.... just needed a break from it this week.
  • seanevan10
    Options
    Had fun on my run this morning seeing how fast I could go. Definitely my fastest time for that distance. I feel ready for the 5k, despite having to run up the rocks at Red Rocks to finish. I'm going to a concert there tonight so I can stare down my nemesis and let them know who's boss.

10/1 - REST
    10/2 - 4m
    10/3 - CROSS // 20 mins mat pilates + walk
    10/4 - 4m
    10/5 - REST
    10/6 -
    10/7 - REST
    10/8 - 5k!!

Goal: 50
    MTD: 08

Upcoming Races
    10/08 - (5k) Run the Rocks
    10/28 - (10k) Kooky Spooky
    11/18 - (10k) Turkey Trek
    12/09 - (HM) Fa La La Half Marathon

OMG I love Red Rocks! I had a friend get married there like 14 years ago. Yike, that was a long time. But I can't imagine running up those stairs AFTER running all that way. I hope you have fun at the concert tonight. Still the very best place in the whole world to see a concert. Oh random thought...we used to go see Blues Traveler there every 4th of July and then watch fireworks. ...memories...
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I have more of this new footwear than my collection of running shoes. :trollface::trollface::trollface:

My husband runs barefoot. People always comment. We’ve had strangers stop us and say ‘aren’t you the guy who runs barefoot through x neighborhood?!’ :smile:

He swears by it eliminating knee pain.
  • lporter229
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom - That sounds like an amazing place for a 5K!! I love that you are going to show those rocks who's boss. You totally got this!