Cheat Meal

Options
124»

Replies

• hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    zupas chicken pesto sandwich! yum w/ chocolate covered strawberry.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I indulge most weekends...getting pub grub on Sunday...probably fish 'n chips and a couple pints...

I don't know if it's cheating or not...I'm pretty active on the weekends and I've been maintaining for 4.5 years...I figure my weekend activity needs some higher calorie food items vs during the week when I'm behind a desk and commuting 10 hrs per day.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't call it a cheat if I indulge in something - just eating at or above maintenance. I make sure to eat what I like, usually within my calorie limits. "Cheat" makes me think of people setting too harsh/unsustainable limits on what they can eat. Why torture yourself that way?

It was 3 pieces of excellent pizza from a family-owned place with bacon and feta. Yum.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Our indulgence today was tacos (homemade). Hubby and I are staying within our calorie goals, but as of this morning, each of us was up a couple of pounds with water weight. Our initial thoughts were to have something like lean meat and vegetables to try to eliminate the water weight, but tacos were on our menu. Since this is a life journey, we went with the tacos, measuring everything, still staying withing our calorie budget. Although we won't be exceeding our calorie goals, I consider it an indulgence because we're consuming significant sodium although we already have some water weight.