Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 2

Options

Replies

• CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am excited for the challenge this week. Good luck everyone!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the work. This group is awesome. I am not sure about this challenge, but i will give it a try.
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've never done a burpee, this should be interesting...haha
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Just watched the Burpees, hmm they make it look easy but think I will start with beginners and try a normal burpee and by end of week might be doing 10 normal ones.
    I'm gyming it tonight so will do these before I go to kick start the burn.

Hope you're feeling better Jenni. Also I don't see the chart (not sure if you've removed it).

xVC
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks again Jen... Hope you feel better soon!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Beginning burpees are not too bad.10 done! I will be working toward normal ones as the week goes on.
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    First I want to say a big thanks to Jenn! Hope you feel better.
    Second I have to admit I was gonna skip tis challenge. But I tried it this morn. Sure i only did 2 and I know I was as graceful and cuteas the girl in the video but I tried!! And I will continue to try all week bad knees and all:drinker:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I will be slipping the burpees in along with my 10 min challenge. Today is a day off...so going to drop the doggie at the Vet's for some dental work and then come home and do at least 30 min with the 10 min trainer series. Going to keep the water going and will work on the fruits/veges. Jen...hope you feel better soon. Good luck to everyone!!!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen! Can I make a small suggestion? Can we go back to regular font? The swirly is kind of hard to read.

YES! Especially that small and over a block of color. Stick with a simple font for sure :)

Also, I've never done these, but I'm excited to try! Thanks for all of your work to make this challenge happen, Jen!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yea!!! These challenges are just what I need!! I love having more ways than the scale to be successful!! Thanks for the link. The beginning burpees are much more obtainable than the link I had been looking at.:tongue: I got 10 in this morning of the modified. Woo hoo!!! I really appreciate all the work you have been doing for this challenge especially since you have been feeling under the weather. I hope you are feeling better asap.:heart:
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    First of all, I want to thank Jenn for putting in all this work. The chart looks great.

This weeks challenge I actually love it. I really need these challenges. I want to push my body to where it hasnt been in a long time.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've never done burpees b4 but I'm willing to try! :smile:

2266510.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • phoenix113
    phoenix113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jenn I hope we can motivate you as much as you are motivating us!. You are doing a great job!! Keep the interesting and difficult challenges coming and feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry I'm late. My weight hasn't changed. /:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to love burpees - they are so good for you!

Good luck everyone!
  • woodyschic
    Options
    Thanks for the hard work, Jenn! Hope you're feeling better...good call on listening to your body...we should all do that more often!

Looking forward to the burpees...they look kinda ugly, so I'm glad to know there's a beginner's version to start with...definitely need to get my butt movin' and those look like they'll do the trick! Will start on them this p.m. when I'm home.

Have a great day!!
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen! The chart looks great. I actually find it very motivating. Even though I knew what my stats were, I was excited to find my name and see them along with everyone else's success! This week's challenge will be difficult. Not because a burpee is difficult (takes me back to my soccer days in high school :smile:) but fitting time in for exercise has been diffiuclt for me. I'm really gonna work on that this week.
    Keep up the great work everyone.
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Jenn for all the work you're putting into this challenge!! The chart looks great :) And I hope you feel better!

I do a form of burpees on p90x but they go down..knee in knee in...pushup...and back up! They are definitely a great workout!
    Looking forward to this weeks challenge.

Good luck everyone!!
  • KelliesCupcake
    Options
    Woo managed 10 of the beginners burpees :-D definitely going to aim to do the harder ones nearer the end of the week :-) ive lost track of how much water I've drunk today but it's A LOT! Lol keep running to the loo. Thanks for a fantastic challenge
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Excited to start week 2! At first I had no clue what a burpee was until I saw the video. One of those face to palm moments. :laugh:
    Hope you get better soon Jen!