**LADIES** P90x Challenge starting August 1st!!!

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Did Cardio X today...will run tomorrow, and hit the Shoulders & Arms on Wednesday.

Great job ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    I decided to do the LEAN version this time around.

Day 1: Core Synergistics...I really liked this workout, my core is pretty strong so this was FUN!!!!

I'm probably going to feel it tomorrow
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    OK so I am a bit computer challenged and didn't know how to post my before pics, so I have changed my profile pic accordingly. Just wait 29 more days for a side by side comparison :)
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I logged Ab Ripper as High Impact Aerobics and C&B as weightlifting - approx 237 calories burnt.

However, I think I must sit wrong during the Ab Ripper section as the bone at the bottom of my back / the one inbetween my bum cheeks was really hurting and today feels really bruised and sore - tender to touch !!!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I logged Ab Ripper as High Impact Aerobics and C&B as weightlifting - approx 237 calories burnt.

However, I think I must sit wrong during the Ab Ripper section as the bone at the bottom of my back / the one inbetween my bum cheeks was really hurting and today feels really bruised and sore - tender to touch !!!

It's possible that you could be sitting a bit too low, but also ab exercises and anything on the belly or back can be bruising if you're a little bit bony. I have pretty prominent hip bones and a bony spine and I've had so many problems with bruising and such. I'm looking into getting a second mat to help pad the first and buying some workout clothes with more padding. Are you doing the ARX on a mat?
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Plyometrics - DONE! This workout was challenging for me. I was pretty tired but pushed through it. I am happy to say that it was worth every minute! The football training moves and the "Airborne Heisman" excercise/pose inparticular reminded me of my favorite college football team.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Ohio State Buckeyes!

O-H!

What's your favorite college football team?

Congrats in advance on completing Day 2 everyone!

Melissa

Melissa
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Plyo done today!! Had a hard time getting started but had a good workout!! :) Hope everyone has a good day!!
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    Day 2: Cardio X was AWESOME :)

I loved the challenge...Only 88 more days left LOL
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Plyometrics - DONE! This workout was challenging for me. I was pretty tired but pushed through it. I am happy to say that it was worth every minute! The football training moves and the "Airborne Heisman" excercise/pose inparticular reminded me of my favorite college football team.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Ohio State Buckeyes!

O-H!

What's your favorite college football team?

Congrats in advance on completing Day 2 everyone!

Melissa

Melissa

Where in Ohio?? I am Ironton- very southern
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cardio X, day two of lean done. I like it a lot. Ab ripper is a whole other story. My body just can't do some of those moves! Hopefuly with time....
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Did Kenpo X again today. After the first week I almost gave up on it, subbed it out for an Insanity workout in weeks 2 and 3, but decided to give it another go again today. My coordination is still pretty terrible, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Although I still punched myself in the face once and in the hand once, so obviously still a lot to improve on. I'm thinking of buying some weighted gloves or something so I can add more intensity to it, I find it a little lacking in intensity most of the time, especially when I'm stumbling about and hitting myself.

I'm halfway through my first recovery week and then onto week 5! I can't believe I've made it this far.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Struggled with Core yesterday - I was just not mentally there. I hope I can snap out of it today for Cardio.

It's funny how life can get in the way and how our reactions are what make or break us. Ugh. I've been so motivated for months and life being life and dealing with things is killing my strength and warrior mentality. Wow, if that's not a pity party, I don't know what is. Can someone slap me?!??!?!?
  • carid2
    carid2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new here. I started P90X last year and LOVED it all but didn't finish it. I saw this and am excited to have other people doing it so I will jump on the wagon as well!! I have a REALLY hard time not working out as hard at home as I do at the gym, any suggestions?

I DESPISE doing cardio in the house. So I am thinking I will go to the gym on the cardio days and do the strenght training at home. Does anyone think that will work? I get bored quickly and I push my harder in my spin classes at the gym as well as an hour toning class I take on Wednesday...............

Any ideas or input!! And YAY on everyone that has completed 2 days of P90X!! WOOO HOOOO
  • carid2
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • carid2
    Options
    Struggled with Core yesterday - I was just not mentally there. I hope I can snap out of it today for Cardio.

It's funny how life can get in the way and how our reactions are what make or break us. Ugh. I've been so motivated for months and life being life and dealing with things is killing my strength and warrior mentality. Wow, if that's not a pity party, I don't know what is. Can someone slap me?!??!?!?

SLAP!!! Did that help?? hee hee

I know the feeling......I was kicking *kitten* a year ago....unexplected "life" things happen and I slipped right back into the old excuses and self pity party.......I'm back now!!!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Lean day 2- Cardio X and Ab Ripper X
    Wow........... Had a very time getting my (read so sore they weren't going to move even if a snake was there) legs forward between my arms for warrior pose. Still not a banana, but superman was better. I did like those wacky jacks and legs over the chair. The punching/ kicking things needed a slower intro for me and his fast chanting got me all messed up. And as far as Ab Ripper X goes, I have a lot of work to do. That was ridiculously too much (but I am a beginner). Sat up for some, modified as much as I could, and next time will try this BEFORE the other workout. But the VERY BEST PART- day 2 is over!
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! This is motivation for me right here. I just finished up Week 2 of the Lean program last night (Kenpo.) I feel like I'm getting better with the moves. I'm not as uncoordinated as before. I usually have to mentally remember which arm to start the punches with. I do about 95% of the moves with some catching of the breath. My body feels better and though I may have only lost 3 or so pounds I have much more endurance and already notice the difference in my stomach.
  • leighkent
    Options
    Day 2, Plyos done this morning whilst my youngest was asleep - LOVED it, that's the type of exercise for me !!!
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Plyos done this morning whilst my youngest was asleep - LOVED it, that's the type of exercise for me !!!

I'm doing the Lean version so no Plyo for me. I'm very thankful for this. I tried it once and could not even get through 15 minutes of it.
  • leighkent
    Options

I'm doing the Lean version so no Plyo for me. I'm very thankful for this. I tried it once and could not even get through 15 minutes of it.

HeeHee, I did want to turn it off at around 30mins and I did have to adjust lunges / squats - not squat down as far etc, but it's the type of exercise that I need for my goal and shape and as I found it hard, I know it's doing the trick and can therefore push myself to see progress in the weeks to come !!!

P.S. I can't believe I have to put up with that trainer man for another 88 days - NOT MY CUP OF TEA !!!!!!!!