Introverts Unite!!!

Options
jenna_mikewolf
jenna_mikewolf Posts: 31 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hey all! So, here I am on this weight loss journey (actually, I think it is more of a get healthier journey) and sometimes I find my introverted self needing some support, especially when I eat as much whale

Replies

• jenna_mikewolf
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Asking introverts to unite is an oxymoron isn't it?

https://youtu.be/Pk7yqlTMvp8

I love oxymorons!!! On a side note, have you ever found that your introverted self likes to extrovert on occasion???
  • jenna_mikewolf
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You can add me but I can't promise to respond reliably.

That's me in a nutshell!!

• jenna_mikewolf
    Options

If you are using the app and use phone emojis it kills everything after the offending character. Use forum emojis instead, the little smile drop-down. or type in a colon and a letter to see all the available emojis available.

I'm an occasionally-extroverted introvert myself.
    It's easier in forums for me to express. Support is super crucial IME.[/quote]

Good to know. Thank you!
  • MrUnruly
    MrUnruly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    miraimissa wrote: »
    ... but having someone consistently there to let me know that I'm doing great or a word of encouragement is always nice--especially on the tougher days.

I definitely agree ! It’s easier to see over the mountain when you know your not alone through the struggle!

• jenna_mikewolf
    Options
    miraimissa wrote: »
    I'm an introvert & totally agree. I don't like having overbearing support, but having someone consistently there to let me know that I'm doing great or a word of encouragement is always nice--especially on the tougher days.

You can add me! :D I'm supportive and my inbox is always open if you're up for a chat.

It would be so nice to be able to respond to people directly instead of quoting them. Glad to meet you!!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Introvert here. I am happy doing my own thing, but having some support every so often is nice as well. :)
  • jenna_mikewolf
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Introvert here. I am happy doing my own thing, but having some support every so often is nice as well. :)

I'm right there with you!
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Glad to not be alone in this one, always been an introvert and do so much better just being on my own but could always use the support!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Introvert IRL. Pretty talkative on the forums. But I don't generally check my feed and go liking/commenting on everything.
  • jenna_mikewolf
    Options
    I see your challenge of uniting just introverts, and raise you the challenge of uniting INTJs like myself....

Bwahahahah good luck with that!

8ujux0ox2amb.gif

Is an INTJ an introverted extrovert?? If so, I'm pretty sure I'm that, haha :)
  • jenna_mikewolf
    Options
    harryt678 wrote: »
    Glad to not be alone in this one, always been an introvert and do so much better just being on my own but could always use the support!

This is how I often feel. I'm good solo, but every once in awhile I want some to be accountable to. Or someone to tell me "it's ok, the struggle is real!"