Starbucks

Options
Nursemeg78
Nursemeg78 Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hello! Trying to cut calories but still really wanna enjoy my Starbucks. Any advice on what to get there? I used to get vanilla latte etc. I kno there is a skinny vanilla latte, but wanted more ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some skinny vanilla latte. I know you already said it, but I'm literally drinking it right now.

Sharee from tumblr used to do hazelnut lattes, iced, with soy milk.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love their cold brew, sometimes with coconut milk. Also their teas, iced teas, and iced tea lemonade blends. I had a strawberry green tea lemonade the other day- I think it was 100 cals for a venti.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Skinny vanilla latte, skinny caramel macchiato, iced coffee, cold brew

Check out their website - they even have a listing of drinks under 200 calories but they have all the nutrition info - very helpful when deciding new things to try
  • tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Purple drink! They have protein powder there. You can have it added to anything along with low cal soy milk etc. there is a fit_with_coffee on instagram. A barrista has created al kinda of yummy and healthier options
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Vanilla misto! It's very similar to a latte but instead of almost all milk with a couple ounces of espresso, it's made with half milk, half regular drip coffee. So you cut the milk by just under half, which saves lots of calories. With sugar-free vanilla, skim milk, or almond milk, you can save even more.

For myself, I go with black coffee. But when I was a barista in college, the misto was a popular off- menu drink for those looking to cut calories.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    tracymegan wrote: »
    Purple drink! They have protein powder there. You can have it added to anything along with low cal soy milk etc. there is a fit_with_coffee on instagram. A barrista has created al kinda of yummy and healthier options

Whoa, they have protein powder! Definitely didn't have that when I worked there. Awesome, might have to experiment :)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    If you can fit your Starbucks whatever into your daily calorie allotment go for it.

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Skim milk Cappuccino with Cinnamon is my go to.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    ombre pink drink grande = 120 cals!
  • remmus102
    remmus102 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Coffee frappachino with almond milk instead of milk and no whip cream =210 cal
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Cold brew, iced or hot americano (black), iced or hot caffe latte (no sugar or syrup).
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If you like the sweet drinks, ask them what types of sugar free syrups they have. You can mix any combo of those for a flavor that is similar to the fraps. Swap regular milk for almond milk and don't have them dress your drink with added chocolate or caramel.

Personally, I like black iced coffee or iced tea.
  • nicholethompson24
    nicholethompson24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just discovered cold brew.... soooo good, with one pump of their toffee nut syrup and a packet of stevia, I'm in heaven, and for only 20 calories! You could do sugar free syrup to get that down to 0 calories.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    I usually get an unsweetened vanilla cappuccino. Tastes great and revs me up.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm literally drinking starbucks again. I think I have a problem and this post is really pointing it out XD
  • TheGreatContigo
    TheGreatContigo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you like to order food at Starbucks, the Sous Vide Egg Bites are too die for! By far the best quick-grab breakfast I've ever had. These are my new go-to when I have to travel for work and can't make my own breakfast. As far as coffee goes, you could try ordering a drink "half-sweet" and slowly phase out the sweetener altogether until you are just drinking espresso and milk. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Espresso macchiato.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    plain americano with sugar-free vanilla would be similar but far fewer calories
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Skinny caramel macchiato with sugar free syrup - 160 calories for a venti

Skinny Gingerbread latte (again sugar free syrup) - 160 for a venti