Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why is Freelee popular?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    sourart909 wrote: »
    What do you mean she means well - this is merely middle class obsession over food and exercise. Life doesnt revolve around it but it's all these pl talk about. They place themselves on pedestal claiming better than others because they eat a certain way. But what about the iron deficiency that's so prominent in vegans/vegetarians. Not to mention normal working class person could afford this much fruit and vegetables or Lycra to go cycling in. It's absurd lifestyle. The ppl who follow have eating disorders and the idea that u don't have to portion control is something that appeals especially when you have something like bulimia that you are managing and also with anorexia it's a good thing to affiliate yourself with because it doesnt have social stigma attached. But really is this lifestyle possible for everyone? No. You could never grow enough to provide for population of vegans/vegetarians, Peter Singer a prominent sociologist and vegan even said this himself. And the emphasis for vegans/vegetarians like banana nutcase is not on animal cruelty its on weight, looks , image.
    If a very thin, fit, attractive girl came up to your teenager daughter struggling with weight loss and said, "you can eat 6000 calories a day if you just eat tons of delicious fruit, pasta and carbs; just look at me!", you can probably see why people spending their time watching nutrition-themed videos on youtube may be attracted to her "message".

It's a shame really; I think she means well with her vegan message, but she just uses her own anecdotal experience as a cyclist in sweltering Australia and parrots it to "ALL" people

Most of the plants grown in the West are fed to animals, so the idea that we couldn't grow enough to feed people is absurd.

What is your source for Peter Singer (not a sociologist, by the way, and not a vegan) claiming that it would be impossible to grow enough food to feed people?
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    freelee is right

Thats why people love her

Umm, Wut?

freelee is correct

do you understand that better or?

Um, Wut... sorry, no I don't.

Can you please enlighten us on how.

Periods are bad, and women shouldn't be getting them.

How to lose weight eating above TDEE.

The chemo stuff..

We can start there if you'd like, you know of you can expound on "she's right" for the rest of us skeptics to enlighten us to her ways.

bananas can literally cure every disease known to humanity

so yes freelee is correct

Please tell the NHS that, then they can just buy banana's instead of expensive medicine and pay us more. Actually don't tell them or there will be no need for the NHS and I'll be out of a job ;(
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    freelee is right

Thats why people love her

Umm, Wut?

freelee is correct

do you understand that better or?

Um, Wut... sorry, no I don't.

Can you please enlighten us on how.

Periods are bad, and women shouldn't be getting them.

How to lose weight eating above TDEE.

The chemo stuff..

We can start there if you'd like, you know of you can expound on "she's right" for the rest of us skeptics to enlighten us to her ways.

bananas can literally cure every disease known to humanity

so yes freelee is correct

Huh, I eat a banana every day and still have chronic leg pain and allergies.
    Maybe I'm taking them in the wrong route? I could try snorting them....

I think you have to make them into a paste that you cover all over your body so it can seep into your pores.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just watched her most recent video and her "breakfast" had over a thousand calories?? Like how
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Options
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I just read through this - never heard of Freelee and I am glad...but now I am curious.

First things first though. I have to get back to my bourbon-detox... bbl
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just read through this - never heard of Freelee and I am glad...but now I am curious.

First things first though. I have to get back to my bourbon-detox... bbl

You're drinking a barrel of bourbon? Holy Booze, Batman!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Why is she popular? She's very physically attractive, feminine, perky, and wears tight clothes on camera. She sounds very sincere.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    answering the question in the title thread . . . i always assumed it must be for the human-train-wreck factor.

but i can't even be in the same room with a muffin that sat next to the banana bread in the coffee shop, so what do i know.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Who is Freelee?

I refuse to use Google and assuming I'm better off not knowing. Still don't know what a Honey Boo Boo is either and quite proud of this.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    She tells women their periods will stop when successfully following her raw vegan diet, because periods are toxins being released from the body. She is so underweight and undernourished, and she thinks this is a good thing!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    She tells women their periods will stop when successfully following her raw vegan diet, because periods are toxins being released from the body. She is so underweight and undernourished, and she thinks this is a good thing!

Wait, is this true?

If so, that would mean that keeping the toxins in her body is good.

I guess it doesn't matter, as she's proven herself to be an utter moron anyway.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    haha people listen to her but she just has dementia from eating 1,000 bananas a day