3 day binge?! Emotional support on getting past it

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eardabac18 wrote: »
    So my BMI is 1300, and I eat 1300 calories a day and run 5-6 miles daily (5 days a week). Once I ate 1600 calories daily for 3 weeks without running and gained 6 pounds! (I gain weight super easily). It's a struggle to figure out maintenance.

Your BMI IS NOT 1300.

If you mean BMR then you're talking about the number of calories you burn in a coma.

You want your TDEE....
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah, when I said BMI I meant BMR - whoops. Basal metabolic rate - how many calories your body would burn if you were in a coma.

Your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is your BMR + all your daily activities, including sitting on the couch or at a desk. Even at a desk, you're burning more calories than you would in a coma.

Your TDEE will tell you your maintenance calories.

I like to use this website to calculate my TDEE: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Assuming your true maintenance is something like 1600 calories, you ate a total of 3200 calories over maintenance for the weekend. Less than one pound. Big whoop.

Also, you don't gain weight easily. You just notice it more. The same way gamblers tend to focus more on their losses than their wins.
  • eardabac18
    eardabac18 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my weight hasn't gone done and has stayed near 125, so I guess I have a two pounds weight gain, but that's life!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my weight hasn't gone done and has stayed near 125, so I guess I have a two pounds weight gain, but that's life!

Water weight hangs on for longer than 2 days for me....
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options

Still only been a couple of days.

Digestive system transit, mouth to the other end, can - per research - take 50+ hours, so if you ate greater volume than usual, some of that still may be a factor.

Depending on what else is going on in your life (exercise, food, monthly cycle, healing), water weight can take a week or so to reverse.

Patience! :)

Glad you're able to be a little more philosophical about it, though: That's healthy.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Digestive system transit, mouth to the other end, can - per research - take 50+ hours, so if you ate greater volume than usual, some of that still may be a factor.

Depending on what else is going on in your life (exercise, food, monthly cycle, healing), water weight can take a week or so to reverse.

Glad you're able to be a little more philosophical about it, though: That's healthy.

You provide awesome feedback. I also opened the link you posted above. I really enjoyed that post. You are inspirational and encouraging without being condescending. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

You provide awesome feedback. I also opened the link you posted above. I really enjoyed that post. You are inspirational and encouraging without being condescending. :)

Aw . . . (blush) . . . thanks!