Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL George Foreman was originally paid 40% of the profits for endorsing the George Foreman Grill. At the peak of the grill's sales, he was making 4.5 million dollars a month.
  • cee134
    Options
    Luke still has his original cybernetic hand. He still has the blaster wound from when that guard shot it in ROTJ.

ct2ci84thj00.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Alan Tudyk's Body of Work is Amazing.

mdc4z487ptvb.jpg
    0nn0cfd252yx.jpg
    p7ewzd3p0ivy.png
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that Dunkin Donuts iced coffee tastes like cancer dipped in piss.

I hope you watched them make it. I am talking about the whole thing. Including the ice.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    No matter what time of the day it is costco will be packed
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL when Sir Terry Pratchett was knighted, he forged his own sword from iron and meteorites just for the occasion.

6o87ylhtqpb8.jpg
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    TIL that One A Day Adult VitaCraves Healthy Metabolism Support Multi Gummies are super *kitten* awful. I just tried them and I spit it out in the trash bc I thought they had gone off. Looked up the reviews and that's just how they taste. *kitten* gross.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Just 10 rivers, 8 in Asia alone, may be responsible for dumping almost 4 million tonnes of plastic into the seas every year, accounting for 88-95% of all of plastic pollution in the ocean. Cutting plastic pollution in the 10 rivers could reduce plastic pollution in the ocean by as much as 45%.

nb8idl5dbldp.png

The heavily polluted Yangtze river pumps massive amounts of plastic into the ocean every year.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    TIL about the “Sacred Band of Thebes” an elite force of the Theban army.

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/75t586/til_in_ancient_thebes_there_was_a_fairly/

Wanna join with me @CaptainFantastic00

Yeah get me out of this hellhole
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    TIL that when you bookmark a thread on MFP it will send you a notification every single time someone posts in that thread. I was so confused like "Raaawr, who has summoned me?! Oh, nobody"
  • Louve350
    Louve350 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    TIL...what "snuff" is. It was advertised at a gas station in the US. I looked it up...if anyone doesn't know it is finely ground tobacco for inhaled use.

Before yesterday first thing that would have come to mind was snuff film.

It's also a Song... heheheh
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TIL that when you bookmark a thread on MFP it will send you a notification every single time someone posts in that thread. I was so confused like "Raaawr, who has summoned me?! Oh, nobody"

I have lots bookmarked and I see a number next to the thread saying how many people have posted since I was there...
    Oh wait.. I know what you mean now.. the list of people who've replied to the thread ..
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL John Favreau credits Dungeons & Dragons with giving him a really strong background in imagination, storytelling, understanding how to create tone and a sense of balance.

pwmbuf25p3ea.jpg

As an actor, he is known for roles in films such as Rudy (1993), Swingers (1996) (which he also wrote), Very Bad Things (1998), The Break-Up (2006), Couples Retreat (2009), and Chef (2014) (which he also directed). He has also directed the films Elf (2003), Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005), Iron Man (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Cowboys & Aliens (2011), and The Jungle Book (2016), and served as an executive producer on The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    It's Friday The 13th. My days have been so off lately lol
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Today I learned about pee values.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=120&v=eyknGvncKLw

Well, not really. I sort of half listened to this video and then freaked out because wtf am I going to have to learn baby statistics in two days?

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Wait.

hehheh

hehheh

pee

boob

Very serious breast augmentation question

giggity

tenor.gif