Quest Bars

124»

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    I think the benefit of a Quest bar is it a) is handy for hitting an ambitious protein macro, and b) makes me hate life enough that I don't feel like eating for many hours after sadly masticating my way through the dense, textureless sadness.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    I had my first Quest bar experience this week. I was flying and knew the options on the plane would be carby (I'm on a doctor prescribed low carb plan) so I tucked two of them into my bag. I had the chocolate chip cookie dough variety and actually loved them. I even liked the texture, because it took some time to eat and chew so it felt more satisfying somehow.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited October 2017
    Never bought one. Too expensive IMO.

I prefer Pure Protein bars at 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Quest. My fave is chocolate peanut butter w/200 cals & 20g protein/bar.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Got food poisoning after eating one, so it may not have been the quest bar but I cannot handle them or even anything that texture anymore. Unfortunate, because they have great macros.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Used to eat the quest bars a lot, too chalky and dry. I eat the One Yum bars, delicious and doesn't suck imo.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Am I really the only one who can't stand quest bars? I really want to like them and I have tried 5 diffrent kind. I've ate them plain, baked them and microwaved them. Still nasty ☹
    I think they taste like chemicals. Any thoughts?

Used to love them and now they taste like crap to me. Fake flavor and odd after taste. Go for Oh Yeah ONE Bars instead.

One more vote for Oh Yeah ONE bars. High protein, lots of flavor options. The pumpkin pie and almond bliss flavors are two favorites.

Where do you get these?

I recently got the birthday cake ones from Amazon Subscribe & Save. They had a really good deal so I figured I'd try them and ended up really liking them.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    not particularly fond of them either
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I'm glad they reworked the recipe again since the CCCD flavor tastes a lot better.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2017
    Heard so many rave reviews. Ended up being a Halo Top fiasco for me all over again.

They are oddly...oily...yet crumbly dry at the same time. It's weird.

Tried seven flavors. Of them, the coconut cashew was the only one I could see choking down eating more than once. Really disappointed the blueberry muffin was so super gross. I really, really, wanted that one to be reasonably decent. Nope. :\
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think they are a love or hate item, I personally love them! My favorites are the aforementioned blueberry muffin and chocolate chip cookie dough flavors. Their “Hero” line are extra indulgent and tasty but I only get them once in a while because I prefer the macros in the original line of bars.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I like them. They arent my favourite, but they keep me fuller for much longer than most protein bars
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    I only eat them if I can microwave them for 10-15 seconds. Makes all the difference in the world to me.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    I only eat them if I can microwave them for 10-15 seconds. Makes all the difference in the world to me.

Try baking them in the oven or toaster oven. Turns them a little crunchy and brown on the outside but still soft on the inside, just like a cookie.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Found the One bars at Sprouts,way better than Quest with no funky aftertaste! I can't handle Stevia for some reason,,even diet coke has less aftertaste to me than Stevia products
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    I ate a ton of quest bars before the changed the formula. Now I probably eat 3 or 4 a month when I need some extra protein and don't have any time for real food. Honestly though, I really only ever liked the cookies and cream and cookie dough ones.

That said, their protein chips are expensive but amazing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I've never eaten a Quest bar because I think that they're too expensive to even try.

I prefer Pure Protein w/20g of protein in a 180-200g bar, which I can get for 1/3-1/2 the price of a Quest bar.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    I honest can’t stand the taste of Quest bars. For cheap brands I can grab at the grocery store I like Pure Protein in double chocolate. For expensive fitness store brands that I have to order online I like Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites in birthday cake.
    I just ordered 3 different flavors of O.N. Opti-Bars as well. I’m always on the lookout for a really yummy protein bar.