Breast Augmentation - Opinions and Experiences

Options

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    Not me, but an aunt of mine had a silicone implant done after a mastectomy (she's totally fine now, no worries) and the silicone went bad somehow and she had to have it removed! What a hassle! So really, my point is, make sure you go with top quality stuff to reduce that kind of thing from happening.

ALSO, does the person so any tissue based augmentation? My mom just had her mastectomy and when we were talking with the plastic surgeon she said that if you don't want silicone, they can MOVE FAT/MUSCLE FROM THE STOMACH!!!! Or swing it around from the back! How freaken cool is that? Again, not sure if your Dr. does that kind of think but it's something else to think about.

Good luck!

Those types of things can be done for reconstructions, not so much for augmentation.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I went pretty large on my augmentation (610 ccs and went from 36B-36DD) I would do it again in a heartbeat!!! They never felt hard or fake. If your boobs are something you feel insecure about there is nothing you can do to work them and make them grow. It sounds like you have worked hard for your body and I think boob jobs can help self esteem considerably!!! Since you arent going too big, you probably wont have to worry about a fake feeling and you sound like you found a good doc! I went over the muscle and have had absolutely no problem with any pec exercises but if you go under the muscle just ask your doc if it will cause problems. Good luck in your decision, no matter what you decide you are beautiful!!!
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ehhh leave em....why worry bout big boobs when most of us like big butts lol jpjp

I have that. Worked hard for it. Wish it was possible to work hard for boobs too. Benching and chest work is part of my program and it does nothing...since I know someone will probably come on this thread and suggest that. Just looks disproportionate at this point. People always commenting on, "What happened to your boobs!?" and stuff like that. They literally think I got a breast reduction lol

An honest perspective... Keep it natural. Sounds like you have accomplished awesome things fitness wise. Truth be told you have to be comfy with your body and how it looks. Large breast present challenges even back issues. I read you desire a moderate augmentation but there are still risks. I will not try to tell you I now how it t feels because I do not. I can tell you what I believe which is natural physiques are much more attractive to me than augmented ones. And I believe most people think the same.

Best of luck!
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Leave them alone. You look great as is.

Right on!
  • quigs17832
    quigs17832 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As someone who works in law enforcement, guys if you want to keep your woman don't buy her new bewds. We get so many domestics where the male pays for the surgery and then things go down hill quick due to all the new attention.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first place I lose and gain weight. I have been anywhere from B cup to cups I didn't know existed when I was pregnant. So after many bulk/cuts, pregnancy, breastfeeding and age, let's just say I am not happy with mine. It's a trade off for me, either a lean body or nice boobs. I have considered doing something about it, but right now it doesn't bother me enough. I will reconsider when I'm in my mid 40s.

Whatever you do, make the decision based on what would make you happy, but also know not everything about us has to be perfect.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Does anyone consider what the costs financially are for a boob job?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever get surgery like that personally (too scared) but I've thought about it like Hmmm... I also feel (very) unhappy with my breasts. When I lose weight they definitely shrink, but when I gain weight voila they're full and big (maybe not always so perky) but definitely more volume when I'm heavier vs. thinner. I'm back into my B cup bras and even some of those are a little 'gappy' in the front which is very very depressing. I certainly don't like how they look naked. It's hard to feel good about yourself when that one thing just stares back at you glaringly and makes you feel unattractive and gross.

I know people say "oh, get a good bra" ... ok well what about when they bra comes off? See, that's the problem!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first place I lose and gain weight. I have been anywhere from B cup to cups I didn't know existed when I was pregnant. So after many bulk/cuts, pregnancy, breastfeeding and age, let's just say I am not happy with mine. It's a trade off for me, either a lean body or nice boobs. I have considered doing something about it, but right now it doesn't bother me enough. I will reconsider when I'm in my mid 40s.

Whatever you do, make the decision based on what would make you happy, but also know not everything about us has to be perfect.
    Let me when you make the decision. You may take the liberty to PM me. I will also entertain you with my kickboxing stories.

Nah, thanks.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    It's hard to feel good about yourself when that one thing just stares back at you glaringly and makes you feel unattractive and gross.

This is the heart of the issue for me. It doesn't matter how many loved ones or strangers tell me that those things that I'm really dissatisfied with physically are attractive or even just not that bad - those are the things my eyes immediately gravitate toward and my mind is extremely critical when assessing.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how much of this thread has been helpful to OP...
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have always been a fan! As a guy they look HOT but do it for yourself. If they make you feel better why not?
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who had breast cancer, so she had implants put in for reconstruction. Unfortunately she had a bad experience with the implants and really opened my eyes to something she called breast implant sickness. She eventually got them removed and very shortly after that started feeling much better. It would be hard for me to put anything in after hearing about how sick she felt for the longest time. I know it doesn't happen to everyone or else no one would do it, but still, it can happen. That's enough risk for me for it not to be worth it. I do like the push up bra idea and if the body's own fat could be used or just lift the boobs without adding anything unnatural to the body, that would probably be best imo.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I know several women at my gym with breast implants. EVERY SINGLE ONE has said, "I'm never benching again."

You only HAVE to bench if you compete in a full powerlifting meet. Powerlifting is more important to me than bigger boobs...although, bigger boobs would decrease my ROM.

I talked to a friend and she said that she can't bench, do back or any sort of pull-up. All stuff that is overpowering my mild want for full boobs. I honestly don't care all that much about them, I like them, I just miss having *full* boobs occasionally and therefore I was considering it but I pride myself way too much on being able to bench 135 and do 15 pull-ups and that isn't something I'm willing to give up quite yet. I'd rather win a couple meets first LOL
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    LOL at all the dudes with an opinion on this. Your vote counts as exactly zero votes.

She only wants opinions of those chicks who are fit :/ I had so much to say about this too. Oh well.

I wasn't stating that to be offensive. I just wanted to know how it could adversely affect working out because there isn't all that much about it online from the perspective of a powerlifter.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Whats the major difference between fit boobies and unfit boobies
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Whats the major difference between fit boobies and unfit boobies

Gravity
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options