Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well ... I just ate 770calories worth of potato chips ... I just wonder why do I need to sabotage my progress??
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 good to see you post, I was worried about you. I get your mood having been there many times. I have to point out though that apparently those walks you've started on are having a result in the fact that you moved faster/easier when mowing. Way to go!

@happygirlxxx I had exactly the same thought yesterday!! I'm so close to getting to wonderland and yet I used my birthday as an excuse to overeat. Now, if it was just on my actual birthday maybe that wouldn't have been so bad, but no I also extended it a couple of days and ate Mickey D's TWICE, plus a piece of pecan pie (of all the pies to chose to eat!!!) Even though I've been working like crazy in the neglected flower gardens I am still showing up 3 pounds!! :( We will both get back on track, we will both get back on track, we will both get back on track...

@pneschich sorry to hear about the liver problems. The only saving grace is that it probably would be a lot worse if you hadn't taken control of your weight and lost that enormous amount of weight! I know you can do whatever needs to be done to handle this! Good luck with upping the aerobic workouts, I'm not much help there. Keep us posted after the 26th and know we're all pulling for you. Say Hi, to your wife, she has to be so proud of you. :)

@b_lisieux congrats on making it thru your hectic party weekend. It sounds like you handled it extremely well! Pat yourself on the back!

@jam5660 glad to know it was just a busy weekend, I don't know how you managed to stay on track with everything that was going on. Great job!

Welcome to @LowCarbOR55 & @mushymom you've come to the right place for encouragement and suggestions from people in the same boat you are! Keep checking in, this is a great thread with lots of great people. :)
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sunday share: I was born in Asbestos Quebec. Can you believe it?! Open pit asbestos mine. No one in our family of mine contracted lung disease. Left in 1960.

Hi everyone. What great posts this week. I haven't posted since wednesday, but I did think of it every day. Went out of town to parents weekend at my daughters college. I get really anxious when leaving town. Throws me off even though im heading out for a great time
    Walked 11000 steps at the event. (Hubby wears a fitbit) woo hoo! Also did great with exercise this week. Went even when my heart wasn't into it.

You are 'll the best n2d8zyqj072u.jpeg

• darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @Bapcarrier Please let me know if you need this in a different format, or need any further information.

FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Connie
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 13th): 264.8
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 255

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

9/13 264.8
    9/20 263.6
    9/27 264.8 (retaining fluid terribly today)
    10/4 261.2
    10/11 261.2
    10/18 (goal 259)
    10/25
    11/01(goal to meet my 1st 10% goal of 257)
    11/08
    11/15
    11/22
    11/29
    12/06
    12/13
    12/20
    12/27

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total overall weight lost
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: buxbert
    Height: 167 cm
    Start Weight (as of Oct. 16th): 88.6 kg
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 86 kg

5. Oct. 18: 88.6 kg
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week:

I am a bit late, I hope you don't mind me joining! I usually log on everyday to MFP and also try to be consistent in logging my food. Usually though, I don't do this on weekends. It has worked well for me before (when I lost nicely...) like this. I weigh myself daily as I think I can handle daily fluctuation better than weekly fluctuation.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @tdunnegan Love your D.I.E.T. I'm going to remember that! And way to go with all the steps!!!

Monday check-in. Now that weekend is over, I hope to be totally on point with my calories. Having dinner at my brother-in-law's house tonight but I think what we're having should not be too bad in calories. Have a feeling that this week's WI might not be how I want it to go, but we'll see. Will certainly work hard at it. Wishing everyone a happy Monday!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... Yep, my weight is up this morning. Yep, I only had 3 days in my calorie goal limits last week
    The average calories for the past 7 days were well within my limits, but the over-days were enough to stop all progress. Bummer.
    ... October calorie goal 10 out of 16 days within my limits.
    ... Outside in the Fresh Air on the city sidewalks ... Walked only 2 times this past week, but I still managed to walk outside for 1 hour 58 minutes this week by cutting the grass front and back, and doing some yard cleanup on another day. (a total of 5 days out in the fresh air)

@bapcarrier ... thanks for the encouragement.

This weeks goals are centered around homemaking chores ... I'm still decluttering, still minimizing, still "need to get at" the garage before really cold weather sets in ... Plus I need to clean the gutters on the house and do some 'stick' gathering for the last town pickup. This means I need to break my habit of getting onto the computer with my morning coffee because all too often lunchtime finds me getting up from the computer desk to go into the kitchen to prepare it.
  • kbaus1010
    kbaus1010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm late to the party, but I would love to be part of a group in which I can check in every week. I have been overweight all of my adult life, and I have 100 lbs to lose. I hope I can find a good group of people who I can relate to!!
  • kbaus1010
    kbaus1010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 13th): 240
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 230

10/18
    10/25
    11/01
    11/08
    11/15
    11/22
    11/29
    12/06
    12/13
    12/20
    12/27

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total overall weight lost
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today and was up 4lb :s However I have lost 3 inches and 2% of my body fat so I would say that is a success.
    Completely on a different subject. How do you all post someone's MFP name in your comment so that I don't have to quote everyone every time I want to congratulate someone.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking and reading everyone's posts, but i haven't had much to share. Getting back into the habit of logging, and it's so shocking how many calories I've been eating. I am making it to the gym once a week, it was twice for a while but the past 2 weeks my schedule was weird. No losses, but hopefully soon
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in: I did pretty well this weekend. I'm doing low carb but I allow more carbs on the weekend. I was still mindful to choose things that were lower carb or only eat half, etc. I gained a pound at my weigh in but it's that TOM so I think it's just water retention. I went slightly over my calories Sat but was under yesterday. I feel good and still no cravings. I stocked up on high protein, low carb meals and snacks at the grocery store and brought everything with me to work so I'm ready for the week.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @verybusybee

If you use @ in front of their name, it will show up in their notifications.
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Completely on a different subject. How do you all post someone's MFP name in your comment so that I don't have to quote everyone every time I want to congratulate someone.

Quoting you, @verybusybee to answer your question .... Type the @ symbol as the starting letter of the name of the person as in @Nikion901 ( ... it will start to supply a list of user names that fit they keystrokes, and that may save some keystrokes cause you can select a name that is of the person you want to reply to.)

Just so you know ... anytime you use the @ to tag a persons name, the MFP program will place a notification in the Bell (symbol) that they have been tagged in a post ... and all that person need do to get to that post is click on the notification.

We have been know, on this thread especially, to tag each others first names or just part of our names ... and the MFP software will still try to place a tag ... so I sometimes wonder how many tags to non-existent or wrong parties we've put out there. It's really designed to tag a MFP user. .... But we can be so very creative in our posts on this thread ... :)

PS ... not gonna correct the word fill misspells and wrong words ... it stresses me out when I see the errors after I hit the "Save Post" ... I really need to remember to click "Preview" first. LOL
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hmm interesting about the @, I have never received a notification that I've been tagged?? I still use it just so it stands out.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 210 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @jam5660 when you go to the community page, check the bell at the top of the you should have a 1 next to it, because I just tagged you. When you click on the bell it will tell you that you were mentioned in a post. i.e. bapcarrier mentioned you and the time of the post. Also, if you actually click on the notification itself it will take you right to the post where you are tagged.

I put down I wanted notifications for all postings on this thread, therefore my bell shows the number of posts since I looked at the thread last. Then say there are 11 new ones (like there were just now) I go to the last one and count back 11 posts. That way I don't miss anyone's posts. Of course, I check in daily so for those of you who only check in every few days there may be way too many to go back thru! :)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @jam5660 ... check your notification preferences by clicking on Notifications, and at the top "Notification preferences" .... you do have control over getting them or not from forums.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Sorry have been MIA, but was sick for the last couple days so just watching TV, eating horribly and no exercising ... but still here! Today I feel much better so back to having a good active healthy day :smiley:

Hope you all have a wonderful productive Tuesday!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx hope you feel better and have a good day..

... and apropos of your comment , everyone! As long as we are still here and still trying, nothing can stop us.
    It may go faster or slower, but we WILL get there!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @newjax2107 You are so right, as long as we are here, that means we are trying. We are all on this journey together!
    @happygirlxxx Glad you are feeling much better!
    @Nikion901 Wow...you are going to have a house/garage in tip top shape! When you are done there, feel free to come over to my house. :)
    @lowcarbkaren Welcome! You will love the support and encouragement here. It is a great group
    @verybusybee A doctor once told me to not focus only on the numbers on the scale, to look at the overall picture. You are losing on your measurements. That's a win!

I really should try to take some notes before posting. I've read all the posts but the old mind just can't remember what everyone says to comment on. I'm not ignoring you, believe me. :)

My Tuesday goal is to do my best for the remainder of my week to hopefully manage even a slight loss. Ate way more at my brother-in-law's than I thought. He made things that he didn't tell us about so even though I thought I had planned ahead, the reality wasn't what I expected. Didn't really need that after the weekend I had. Oh well, life happens I guess. I still have 3 more days before WI. Have a great Tuesday everyone!