CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    mfz45xygecf5.jpg
    I thought you said DUCK pics sorry
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    How many times do you have to correct a spelling on your phone to make Whatif or Jensmirk a real word?

3765357 I think
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    iviswis500dx.gif

Why? Why is this happening? :cry:
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    How many times do you have to correct a spelling on your phone to make Whatif or Jensmirk a real word?

3765357 I think

This feels like a code I think I will try every area code with this number in MN to see if she answers!

Nah we are 651
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

3765357 I think

This feels like a code I think I will try every area code with this number in MN to see if she answers!

Nah we are 651

Lol!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Somebody is trying to drag Love, Actually and they're not getting nearly enough pushback for my liking.

giphy.gif

If it helps I'm on your side

Me, too.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So I was thinking - if our body temperature is 98.6 degrees, why doesn't 98 degree air temperature feel comfortable? Like, if the temperature around us is the same as our body temp, shouldn't it be JUST RIGHT? Yet, even accounting for humidity and even in the shade, 98 degrees feels HOT. Why is that?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    So I was thinking - if our body temperature is 98.6 degrees, why doesn't 98 degree air temperature feel comfortable? Like, if the temperature around us is the same as our body temp, shouldn't it be JUST RIGHT? Yet, even accounting for humidity and even in the shade, 98 degrees feels HOT. Why is that?

Light two matches and put them side by side. Does it get hotter or stay the same?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I'm no expert on the human body but think of it like your car engine. It's doing all the stuffs inside and to do that releases heat. You don't want the ambient temperature to be the same as the internal temperature or it can't dissipate heat efficiently so you get hot.

:love:
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

I'm no expert on the human body but think of it like your car engine. It's doing all the stuffs inside and to do that releases heat. You don't want the ambient temperature to be the same as the internal temperature or it can't dissipate heat efficiently so you get hot.

This. Your body puts of a lot of heat. When the air temperature around you isn’t low enough to take that heat you being to sweat, which cools you through evaporation. If that’s not enough your body temperature begins to rise. Very uncomfortable indeed.

Wonder how much heat your body produces? Consider that you can probably stand naked in a room 20 degrees below your body temperature and not feel cold. Start to do any physical activity and will probably begin to overheat even.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    That I might have put too much on myself with 3 jobs, a sick mother, and an active 7 y/o.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    About to go see if I need knee surgery and I"M SO FLIPPING NERVOUS
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    That I might have put too much on myself with 3 jobs, a sick mother, and an active 7 y/o.

I would completely agree.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    How quickly time goes by. Remembering my bday last year and it seems like yesterday. I don't feel old but I know that I am. :sad:
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Fishing
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I wonder if I'm getting high from the paint fumes from the apartment next to mine. Wow, it's strong! Smelled it like it was inside my apartment with the windows and doors shut!