What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I bought this book 18yrs ago and never read it, put it on the bookshelf and forgot it.
    Picked it up yesterday, I’m scared to read it now!

649t8ynhhkkt.jpeg

I have that one, and his "Deadliest Enemies" book. Bought them because I was a Firefighter/EMT with hazmat technician training. But, never got around to reading them. Been trying to get to them as it's an interest of mine, even without being on the department anymore.

Edit to add: He has some good podcasts here on current issues. Also, his Joe Rogan interview is linked on this page as well: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    Options
    For those of you (us) who may need to start out a bit slower.
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg

I must need slower than slow cuz I get everything on the left side, but nothing on the right. :(
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg

I must need slower than slow cuz I get everything on the left side, but nothing on the right. :(

Growing economy?

Scrambled eggs.

A backward step

Yeah, I thought the right side easier
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg

Growing economy?

Scrambled eggs.

A backward step

Dang. I wouldn't have gotten those if the winning prize was a case of lockdown bathroom tissue! Well done!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg

Growing economy?

Scrambled eggs.

A backward step

Dang. I wouldn't have gotten those if the winning prize was a case of lockdown bathroom tissue! Well done!

Oops, I meant I thought the left side easier too..
    I love word puzzles.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg

Left
    * I before e except after C
    * head over heels
    * no U turn

Right
    *Same as Jo's.

Rebuses are fun to pass the time.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    One-eyed trouser-snake rumba

Am I allowed to play? :lol:
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/amanpour-and-company/video/grief-expert-we-are-grieving-the-world-we-have-now-lost/

i shared this with some RT and mfp friends and found it helpful to understand how many of us may be feeling during this time of adjustment. i hope it can help anyone who perhaps may need affirmation of how they feel right now - stay safe everyone <3
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Laying on fresh linens at bedtime just makes all the bad stuff from the day disappear. So relaxing!
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    7g74wddq711n.jpeg

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    How good is 2020 for music????
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Went for a 3-mi walk yesterday & was wheezing & breathing heavily like a smoker (I've never been). Also have a sore throat, swollen glands & difficulty swallowing. I hope it wasn't a silly mistake visiting the grocery store last week... symptoms began following day. They're now to the point that I don't feel well standing & have to keep lying down.

Even if it's allergies/asthma, I may end up needing to go to a walk-in clinic (it they're still open) for a dose of Prednisone, but don't want to be around so many ill patients to either p/u or spread anything. Don't know how long to wait before I start trying to find a dr?
    Damn. Take plenty of rest!

You can try and phone a doctor, or email. I phoned my doctor when I was sick, and he actually gave me his email, so I could communicate with him through email.

Thank you, kindly. I will be resting & just watching movies all day for the foreseeable future... just walked to the mailbox & was huffing & puffing on straight sidewalk... it took 15-min RT, when it normally takes 5... it felt like I was on a steep hike... I'm exhausted. I'm glad no one else was out cuz I can hear myself breathing & can't control it.

Oh, boo, I don't have a dr. I just moved to FL & haven't had a dr or insurance for 10-yrs. So, I'd have to find a walk-in clinic or ER, which I'd stay away from unless in dire need. I'm sure they're filled with very ill patients. We've got 700 CV cases in our county alone.

It could be a bad asthma attack, because it's happened before. It's untreated cuz I'm allergic to everything & like I stated above... no ins.The treatment is 1 Prednisone pill & that's it. I wish I could easily get one. If I'm still gasping for air tomorrow, I'll begin calling walk-in clinics. Just hate to spend the $ now, with no job. :(

Thank you for your advice. Be well...
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    ykb20t2c9rco.jpeg

Left side
    I before e except after c
    Head over heels
    I turn

Right side
    Growing economy
    Scrambled eggs
    A backward step

I found the right side more difficult to do and the backwards step one had me stuck for a while.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    That was awesome @laprimaJenny

I agree with @bojack5 👆
    Thank you @laprimaJenny
    These games are fun 😉

So here’s is another one 😉

s1s2cbjbm48f.jpeg

062?
    I could say 042, or 062 ????

You may argue that the 4 is valid (and not the 6), but you can also argue that the 6 is valid (and not the 4)

I totally agree. I can logically come up with both answers, although 062 was my first answer. Interesting!