What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Went for a 3-mi walk yesterday & was wheezing & breathing heavily like a smoker (I've never been). Also have a sore throat, swollen glands & difficulty swallowing. I hope it wasn't a silly mistake visiting the grocery store last week... symptoms began following day. They're now to the point that I don't feel well standing & have to keep lying down.

Even if it's allergies/asthma, I may end up needing to go to a walk-in clinic (it they're still open) for a dose of Prednisone, but don't want to be around so many ill patients to either p/u or spread anything. Don't know how long to wait before I start trying to find a dr?

Man that sucks - hopefully it’s allergies yo - get some rest and hang in there

TY very much & you're right.

I found some decongestant pills which can be taken every 4-hrs. With my 1st dose, it only took 2-hrs before I feel 75% better! I can breathe!!! No wheezing, no gasping for breath, no labored breathing! Wow!

It's amazing that the woods out back have grown substantially in just a few days... I'm in FL. Last wk, I could see only bare branches... 4-days later, all the trees have full leaves & there are 1/2-dozen different flowers growing. I think it's just a coincidence that I went to the market same day that a growing explosion happened 10' away from my patio.

I think I'll be fine. :smile: The pills worked & I do believe in good wishes making a huge difference, too, so cheers very much!
    Went for a 3-mi walk yesterday & was wheezing & breathing heavily like a smoker (I've never been). Also have a sore throat, swollen glands & difficulty swallowing. I hope it wasn't a silly mistake visiting the grocery store last week... symptoms began following day. They're now to the point that I don't feel well standing & have to keep lying down.

Even if it's allergies/asthma, I may end up needing to go to a walk-in clinic (it they're still open) for a dose of Prednisone, but don't want to be around so many ill patients to either p/u or spread anything. Don't know how long to wait before I start trying to find a dr?

Went through this exact same thing yesterday. I'm just recovering from pneumonia and I'm on steroids etc. I'm thinking mine was anxiety or allergies.
    Here's what they're doing (locally) as far as walk in medical centers go. You call from the parking lot and if you have any symptoms of CV, they walk out to your car and test you. I'm not sure if this helps reduce your anxiety a bit, but it may be worth calling...assuming you're still feeling ill. I know what it's like to struggle to breathe. 😕 Hopefully you're feeling better.

Pneumonia? Dear lord! Are you almost done with your prescription or did you just get steroids yesterday?

It appears to be allergies for me (see above), so I'll be fine. Bummer though that I'll have to take them regularly... I hate drugs.

TY kindly for your help & your tips. I hope you recover quickly! Sending you Internet healing energy. :smile:
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    So.....we vote today after all. Looks like an extremely slow start to voter turnout.
    3daj3dh1p2vk.jpeg

Do you have to go inside or are they coming to you at the curb as you sit in your car? I saw someplace on the news (forget which state) that was doing the latter.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I've said before that we are probably not to far off from the days when everywhere you go, someone will be there asking "Are you sick? 🧐"

Today I got to work and a supervisor was intercepting us all between the parking lot and locker room asking "Do you have any symptoms? 🧐"
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I've said before that we are probably not to far off from the days when everywhere you go, someone will be there asking "Are you sick? 🧐"

Today I got to work and a supervisor was intercepting us all between the parking lot and locker room asking "Do you have any symptoms? 🧐"

How very World War Z
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Furloughed

Eta: i got a phone call. It’s not going to affect me. Tears of joy.

What a relief, good for you. :smile:
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Furloughed

Eta: i got a phone call. It’s not going to affect me. Tears of joy.

• _Kashmir_314
    Options

I found some decongestant pills which can be taken every 4-hrs. With my 1st dose, it only took 2-hrs before I feel 75% better! I can breathe!!! No wheezing, no gasping for breath, no labored breathing! Wow!

It's amazing that the woods out back have grown substantially in just a few days... I'm in FL. Last wk, I could see only bare branches... 4-days later, all the trees have full leaves & there are 1/2-dozen different flowers growing. I think it's just a coincidence that I went to the market same day that a growing explosion happened 10' away from my patio.

I think I'll be fine. :smile: The pills worked & I do believe in good wishes making a huge difference, too, so cheers very much!

Went through this exact same thing yesterday. I'm just recovering from pneumonia and I'm on steroids etc. I'm thinking mine was anxiety or allergies.
    Here's what they're doing (locally) as far as walk in medical centers go. You call from the parking lot and if you have any symptoms of CV, they walk out to your car and test you. I'm not sure if this helps reduce your anxiety a bit, but it may be worth calling...assuming you're still feeling ill. I know what it's like to struggle to breathe. 😕 Hopefully you're feeling better.

Pneumonia? Dear lord! Are you almost done with your prescription or did you just get steroids yesterday?

It appears to be allergies for me (see above), so I'll be fine. Bummer though that I'll have to take them regularly... I hate drugs.

TY kindly for your help & your tips. I hope you recover quickly! Sending you Internet healing energy. :smile:

I'm almost fully recovered. :) Thank you!
  • _Kashmir_314
    Options

I have a telephone system that I clock in and out of when I'm at my clients homes - there's now a button I have to press where it asks what my temperature is.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Feel better soon
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

Feel better soon

Oh, TY very much. Feeling so much better... that li'l decongestant pill is magical.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm thinking about going outside and having a sexy photo shoot with my car.

..... Is it wrong to be jealous of a Toyota ??

It's actually a Mazda 3, and no 😂

@Kashmir_314

it could be a rusted out 83' Buick...

nobody will be looking at the car anyway. <3
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's a 24-7 yawn fest.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    It's a 24-7 yawn fest.

tijcqbnyl025.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    What’s the exit strategy to this here lockdown?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    😁
    What’s the exit strategy to this here lockdown?

Move to a different planet?

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    How life can be so fragile..
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »

Damn. Take plenty of rest!

You can try and phone a doctor, or email. I phoned my doctor when I was sick, and he actually gave me his email, so I could communicate with him through email.

Thank you, kindly. I will be resting & just watching movies all day for the foreseeable future... just walked to the mailbox & was huffing & puffing on straight sidewalk... it took 15-min RT, when it normally takes 5... it felt like I was on a steep hike... I'm exhausted. I'm glad no one else was out cuz I can hear myself breathing & can't control it.

Oh, boo, I don't have a dr. I just moved to FL & haven't had a dr or insurance for 10-yrs. So, I'd have to find a walk-in clinic or ER, which I'd stay away from unless in dire need. I'm sure they're filled with very ill patients. We've got 700 CV cases in our county alone.

It could be a bad asthma attack, because it's happened before. It's untreated cuz I'm allergic to everything & like I stated above... no ins.The treatment is 1 Prednisone pill & that's it. I wish I could easily get one. If I'm still gasping for air tomorrow, I'll begin calling walk-in clinics. Just hate to spend the $ now, with no job. :(

Thank you for your advice. Be well...

My sister in law had to take her kid to urgent care, and they had her wait in the car until they were ready to see her. Not sure if that is normal practice now, but if so, I would call the closest one and ask. That way you get seen by someone and still minimize contact.

ETA: So happy to hear you are feeling better and that it sounds like just allergies! Must be a relief... 😊
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Waiting for pics.....
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Waiting for pics.....

You - me - get in line yo 🤷‍♂️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

I'm glad you a feeling better 🤗